Why so serious Dark Knight KK-2

jdmerrill1240

"It's not who I am underneath but what I do that defines me."

"Sometimes the truth isn't good enough.
Sometimes people deserve more.
Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded."

"A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy's shoulder to let him know that the world hasn't ended"

?Why so serious??

?Let?s put a smile on that face!?

"I believe whatever doesn?t kill you, simply makes you?..stranger."

"Do you want to know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can?t savor all the? little emotions. In? you see, in their last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way, I know your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?"

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I?m a dog chasing cars. I wouldn?t know what to do with one if I caught it. You know, I just? do things."

Ok enough of the Batman and Joker quotes on to the build!!

Last edited:

jdmerrill1240

So I've wanted to build a KK-2 every since Ernie started working on the chassis, I was lucky enough to get a KK-1 from him about 2-1/2 years ago and love it. This build is going to be my favorite (yes even including my Boyer)!

My goal for this truck it to build a "tank" I want a truck that is fast so I can race it at my local hobby shop and whip all the guys and their E-maxx/E-revos but yet still reliable so I'm not constantly fixing broken parts on it.

Huge thanks to Ernie (KingKlod), Matt (Knuckles), Josh at Freestyle-RC and Justin (1Badclod)

Now to the pictures!

I started with a stock KK-2

Then I made all new crossmembers to make the chassis wider also drilled holes for the cantilever suspension set-up I'm going to run on this truck

Now for some more goodies thanks to Freestyle-RC

Got the truck mocked up this weekend, ordered all my internal pieces for the axles as soon as they get here the truck will officially be a roller!

Last edited:

1Badclod

Can't wait to see this one come to life. Gonna be one bad mamajama

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SWMS

Supporting Manufacturer
RCMT Sponsor
Heck yeah!

Man I love build threads. Keep it coming. I want to see this thing spank those independent trucks.

jdmerrill1240

Heck yeah!

Man I love build threads. Keep it coming. I want to see this thing spank those independent trucks.
That's my goal with this thing, my diff and axle shafts should be here by friday so hopefully this weekend I'll get those put in. Then all I will need is my transmission, hoping to have that soon I know last I talked to Josh he wasn't sure of an exact date on when they would be finished.

jdmerrill1240

Are you going to paint the chassis?
Powder coating everything, I don't want to give too much away but it's going to be good. I'm working on a basher/race body with the theme right now. But I really need to find a good artistic painter for my good body.

knuckles

Cantilever suspension

This is a awesome idea.. Love the look of the truck!! Strangely familiar. Honored to say the least..
I think I see a Juan corona body on this truck I think!!! Lol

jdmerrill1240

I need some help, anyone on here have the ability to mirror this picture for me? If you can remove the background that would be even better if not I can make it work. Thanks in advance!

jdmerrill1240

Small update

Spent the weekend narrowing and sanding my ofna pirate wheels. Got them all smoothed out and decided to try my hand at dying them black... I must say it took a lot longer than I thought it would but I'm very pleased with the results.

And here is a peak of them on the truck, just waiting on my transmission and then I can add my electronics and drive shafts.

jdmerrill1240

There hasn't been much to update on here waiting on my freestyle transmission to come in some I can test things out then tear it all down and send out to powercoating. In the mean time I finished my racer/basher body for this thing I came out ok I think.

There hasn't been much to update on here waiting on my freestyle transmission to come in some I can test things out then tear it all down and send out to powercoating. In the mean time I finished my racer/basher body for this thing I came out ok I think.

It came out okay?!! Are you blind?!! That body is sick!! I would love to roll up to the starting line with something [email protected]$$ like that! Nice work!

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk