TXT-2 shock mounts

Discussion in 'Tamiya RC Monster Truck Forum' started by BBGO, Jun 24, 2019.

Help Support RCMT Network by donating:

1. Jun 24, 2019 #1

BBGO

BBGO

BBGO

2. Jun 27, 2019 #2

atrc

atrc

atrc

I preferer the stock front bumper mount. I never liked installing the servo behind the axle. If you cut the servo side guards you will make the part useless later if you want the bumper. I have actually broke the servo guards. The front bumper is there for added protection. Just mount the rear tray on to of the servo guard.. The rear servo tray was intended for the Juggernaut trucks. The other person just removed the front bumper guard for a different look and kept the shock and link mount.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  3. Jun 27, 2019 #3

BBGO

BBGO

BBGO

Yes that is indeed a good remark and the reason of my post. I am maybe overthinking the need of a scale MT and should prioritize the Tamiya design.

After almost 20 years none aftermarket design is very convincing. Either it is too visible, or fragile, or too invasive with relocation of some parts such lower links, shocks support / mounts.

A good one would be a servo right on the top of the axle with steering behind it with a minimal bumper for protection BUT still a problem for shocks.

Tamiya design is certainly not the most scale but incontestably the more efficient.

4. Jun 27, 2019 #4

atrc

atrc

atrc

AS I said I run my jug-2 with the bumper mount steering from the TXT-1. It works just fine and it gives plenty of protection. With 2 mounts I have independent steering. If you want the rear steering tray then just mount it on top of the servo guards and don't cut off the parts for the suspension and links.