TXT-1 Clone Review

Discussion in 'Tamiya RC Monster Truck Forum' started by HawnMT, Sep 6, 2012.

Help Support RCMT Network by donating:

Tags:
  1. Sep 17, 2012 #81

HawnMT

HawnMT

HawnMT

that's our little resident wisea$$ :p

2. Sep 17, 2012 #82

rocpede4x4

rocpede4x4

rocpede4x4

^^ you guys are such a trip, lol!!!!

3. Sep 18, 2012 #83

nosyajg

nosyajg

nosyajg

i aim to please :)

i think have more video of it on the go pro...just gotta figure out how to stitch the little videos into one longer one...the ones with it taking the turns at speed might be on there...the dark/light combo made it hard to film, and the dark/light contrast against my phone screen made it hard to take a great vid as well...

4. Nov 20, 2012 #84

Lunch_Special

Lunch_Special

Lunch_Special

Greetings from San Diego. New forum member here and a new owner of a used TXT-1. This was an excellent review.

What if Rocky Law sold a spare parts version... unassembled w/ no wheels, no chassis, no body, and no electronics? Seems like he would tap into the market of current TXT-1 owners who constantly worry about needing discontinued parts (die cast parts bag 9415812, ahem).

5. Nov 20, 2012 #85

HawnMT

HawnMT

HawnMT

Rocky gets them fully assembled but offers any spare parts for sale. Not sure if he gets the parts from the factory or if he strips down models to sell for parts.

6. Nov 22, 2012 #86

jugghead

jugghead

jugghead

So is rocky a member yet , It would be nice to have direct line to the part

7. Dec 1, 2012 #87

JavelinSST390

JavelinSST390

JavelinSST390

So they're $340, RTR? And how do we get ahold of this Rocky? I'm really interested in one. Always wanted a TXT, and don't mind if it's not a "real" one.

8. Dec 1, 2012 #88

HawnMT

HawnMT

HawnMT

Rocky's a member here but I'm not sure if he even checks in anymore. He never posted because he's not confident about his English(I never had a problem communicating with him and thought his English was pretty good) but he was keeping up with this review when I was writing it.

JavelinSST390, I'm not sure if you read the whole review but if you didn't I would recommend it. The truck really isn't just a rebadged TXT-1. Quality issues make it a substandard truck by a longshot. And it's not the lower quality materials used, because I was expecting that and in fact wasn't that bad. It was quality issues in the manufacturing and assembly processes. Rocky spoke with the factory but I'm not sure if the problems were ever addressed. But regardless there was still the units that were already made that needed to be sold first. I would contact Rocky on eBay about it and reference this review since he knows about it. If you're still interested here's some links:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-8-Scale-M...racter_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item1e6e6d205a

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-8-Scale-M...racter_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item20caa4bf15

there's even a RTR version now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ready-to-Ru...racter_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item20ccaf7e64

9. Dec 30, 2012 #89

Tinker

Tinker

Tinker

Thank You HawnMT for this great review , I seen this on evil-bay and ponderd about just how close it was to the TXT ,I hope this isn't a sighn that the TXT gone forever

10. Nov 25, 2017 #90

blazincody

blazincody

blazincody

I want one! Well a txt1 would be choice.. but can't find and hsp intrepid super racer. Anyone know where to scoop one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk