Traxxas Vehicles I Own..

Supreme Reign

Going through my collection, I realize that I've never owned a Traxxas vehicle. Back in '97, I really liked the Stampede, but hated the 2WD. However, I have acquired 9 Traxxas transmissions: 2 original E-Maxx, 2 new E-Maxx, an E-Revo, a Summit, and 3 of the 1:16 trannies. My only regret is that I wish I had the money to buy an E-Maxx when they first hit the scene. That was a crazy time for r/c. I still want to do a converted T-Maxx at some point. And no, that X-Maxx is dreadful.

william g

Retired
x-maxx is great for roasting marshmallows. I understand there are only 2 things that burn better than an x-maxx. First is a maxamps lipo, second is a car action bruiser.

Traxxas stuff takes a beating, the plastic is tough. Just not a big indy suspension fan.

I only have 1 traxxxas, a 4x4 slash. But not a racer, as a basher.

bigbear9599

I have three traxxas vehicles and personally, I love them all. And I think they are great rc's. I see a lot of complaining and pissing contests throughout the internet about how traxxas is great or is complete disgraceful garbage. No grey area. In their minds, you either like traxxas, or totally despise them. I'm relatively new to rc's and only been into them for a few years now, but I can say that I enjoy them partly due to the fact that they have given me the confidence to get my hands dirty and mechanically try to figure them out and see how they tick. I enjoy this mechanical confidence feeling that I don't think I've ever really had before, so I appreciate traxxas keeping it simple to entice new guys such as myself, but keeping it fun none the less. They have sort of opened the door for me to not be afraid to work with my hands and use that mechanical knowledge that I earn from working on them, and that boost of confidence is what keeps me coming back and wanting to continually learn about them.

HawnMT

I've owned 2 Emaxxes, 2 Summits, and an Erevo but after a while I sold them all. They were good trucks but I learned the difference between what I thought they were going to be like, and the reality of what they were. Like the Summit. The idea of having a dual purpose truck sounds great but the reality was it sucked at both so it really just ended up being a slow Erevo.

I think XO-1 buyers came to similar conclusions when they realized unless you have an airport runway or 1/4 track with banked turns in your backyard, owning one of those was a waste. Same for the funny car (unless you have friends to race with) or the new Xmaxx.

But their components are great for custom builds and no other company can match Traxxas parts system and availability.

th67ss

What wrong with the X-Maxx? I was thinking about getting one until I went another RC route.

Supreme Reign

What wrong with the X-Maxx?
For about a grand, you get a plastic truck with a plastic chassis and shock mounts. Even the motor plate is plastic and severely restricts motor options. The stock electronics have caught fire. You pretty much have to run the stock body, because of the mounting system and odd size. It's pretty slow.

nosyajg

i love mine...parts are durable and cheap, and same platform across multiple cars, so parts are interchangeable...my stampede from the 80s can be upgraded to the current parts easily...you can convert a pede to a rustler to a bandit to a slash, and a erevo to a summit to a 1/8 buggy, etc...the 1/16 cars can also be shifted to a rally car, slash, erevo, monster jam truck etc...and lets not forget the custom 4x4 pedes and dual trans 4x4 slashes by bolting two transmissions together...and how many of us use revo driveshafts and traxxas links in our monster builds...

the innovation is amazing too...the release of the t-maxx revived monster trucks and bred the truggy class...2 speed and reverse in a nitro was unheard of at that time...the revo with it's cantilever shocks and great handling were revolutionary...ez start made it more user friendly to get a nitro started (well, once they got the few early bugs worked out) and the waterproof electronics...and the tqi radio with telemetry, and now TSM, and the sound units integrated...even the newer batteries with built in balance plug is neat- more hassle for people with older equipment, but for someone just starting out, it's much easier to use...

the alias is fun, and parts cheap as well...

and i'm having a blast with my new aton...a brushless sport flyer with option for a camera and gimbal, and return to home, and air brakes...i love not having to worry about losing orientation of it...and when my sport flying exceeds my control of it, the air brakes save me...

that being said, i have 2 stampedes, one erevo, one 4x4 stampede, one 4x4 slash, and a aton...i had a few more, but some got sold/traded for other things...i still have much more tamiyas than anything else, but i like rc's in general, so i enjoy whatever i have...

HawnMT

What wrong with the X-Maxx? I was thinking about getting one until I went another RC route.
I don't know abouyt the durability issues, my problem is with it's size. Large scale vehicles seems cool but unless you have someplace to run them it's kind of a waste to me. I mean an Emaxx does just as well on park grass as a X-Maxx will. But because of the size of the Xmaxx it is now a bigger production to take it out an use it. That's why I think 1/10 scale is the perfect size. It's big enough not to be bothered by most rocks and obstacles but small enough that you can play with it anywhere.

Anthonyk

For about a grand, you get a plastic truck with a plastic chassis and shock mounts. Even the motor plate is plastic and severely restricts motor options. The stock electronics have caught fire. You pretty much have to run the stock body, because of the mounting system and odd size. It's pretty slow.
Hmmm. Gear change, 6s, zip tied down suspension and they are going 60mph....... Yea. That's slow for a 20+ lb truck.

4-6 reported cases of fires.

How many were sold???? 10? Naaaa prolly more than that.

I have one. I've only run 6s. I pre ordered and had it on release day.

ZERO issues and I BEAT THE **** OUT OF IT. I've come across NOTHING more durable than the xmaxx. I have slashes, stampede. 4 clods, eMaxx blah blah blah.

All required fixing broken stuff. NONE of them have been beat harder than the xmaxx has. Skate park ramps 30' high landings........ NOTHING HAS BROKE .

I'm upgrading the speed control so I can run 8s ..... Seems the ONLY problem doing so..... Is keeping tires on it.

Yea. Traxxas junk.

Maybe use one. Then bash it.

The body system is awesome. Truck has been out since Christmas. No wonder the market isn't flooded with parts

Supreme Reign

Yea. Traxxas junk.

Maybe use one. Then bash it.

The body system is awesome. Truck has been out since Christmas. No wonder the market isn't flooded with parts
Maybe calm down, then post. No one here has called Traxxas junk. I simply answered a question. Calm down and have a Snickers. I gave my view on a toy, not politics.

DarkSammy

I love my traxxas trucks. Hate them or love them, traxxas got millions of us into this hobby in one form or another. You can't argue with that. More Maxx trucks have sold world wide than the rest of the available models put together seemingly. I mean the Maxx platform is so huge, you don't even need to have a single traxxas part on one, the aftermarket availability is so massive:

kjr2

Old Timer
I understand there are only 2 things that burn better than an x-maxx. First is a maxamps lipo, second is a car action bruiser.

YES! I'm glad someone remembers that

I have had several Traxxas rides. Their 1/10 vehicles are great bang for your buck rides. The 2wd stuff they have out now is nearly indestructible.

1Badclod

Maybe calm down, then post. No one here has called Traxxas junk. I simply answered a question. Calm down and have a Snickers. I gave my view on a toy, not politics.

By far the best response I've seen in a while haha. Sorry didn't mean to hit "THANKS" I have fat fingers to thank for that haha

I dig traxxas stuff. When I get bored with building solid axle rigs (mostly in the summer) I usually get myself a traxxas basher. I've had quite a few over the years, the slash 4x4 is by far my favorite. Thing will take a pounding! With the new vxl 4 pole setup they really get down!

theblazer24

I like Traxxas stuff, Well it got me into the hobby, all my trucks have at least 4 or 5 traxxas parts on them, really good bang for your buck. My only issue its that I have had a few faulty parts, on my pede the front a arm just snapped once, then the bulkhead but after replace they've been just fine. Like the other day as a dare I hit a ramp (6" tall 6"long) at full speed (brushed 12T) and Flew about 6 feet forward and 5 feet high and front flipped in the mean time. landed square and not a single problem. :) :)

ChrisP

I'm typically a Traxxas hater...a race gear elitist....and as blasphemous as it sounds...I'm not a huge fan of the base Tamiya stuff...it was great 30 years ago...but not up to snuff for today's market...

All that being said...I've just acquired an XMaxx...and I'm impressed..is it perfect...nope...but there is a lot of thought that has gone into it...

Heaven forbid that a couple after-market parts go onto the rig... I mean...after all...we DO all run stock Clods and Wraiths on this site, right? (I know I'm very happy with my modded Tamiya and Axial rigs)

From what I can see it looks to have a lot LESS of a 'must hop-it up to make it usable' factor than the T/E-Maxx....and it's not like it's pretending to be a race rig like the Rustler/Bandit/Slash (and I know that Traxxas didn't position them as a race rig...but the market seems to buy them..want to use them...and then get stuck on an endless hop-up loop)...

rocpede4x4

I like Traxxas trucks.. It got me started on the hobby over 22 years ago.. They're a great basher and can take a lot of abuse.. My all time favorite Traxxas truck is the stampede, an then converting them to 4 wheel drive like back in the day..

Sent from my 2500HD

Supreme Reign

IMy all time favorite Traxxas truck is the stampede, an then converting them to 4 wheel drive like back in the day..
Those 4x4 Pedes were mad popular when I found this site in '98/99. I always wanted to do a 4x4 Pede. Those things were awesome. I wanted an RCM 4x4 Pede tuber so badly.

blazincody

I have 4x4 slash, a bandit, 2 stampedes,t maxx always wanted a brushless emaxx. But the bandit and stampedes are original traxxas kits. They were the first I ever built before I got into clods and juggernaut . They were awesome kits to build and learn and get into the hobby. By no means are they a extreme perfect Rc car but for what u got with the kits for price was worth every cent. I wish traxxas would would put out kits again Id be all over them just for the fun of building. My one stampede and bandit are still original with the mechanical speed control and stinger motor both first 2 kits I ever built. They are stupid slow but it's a retro feeling like jumping back 20 years In Rc history. My other stampede has the full thunder tech conversion carbon chassis plates n the cab conversion ( think diamondback and outlaw?) it's a mini tremor. I love it just like every other thunder tech product I own the 2 go great hand and hand. And my slash is fun they are fast and tough as **** my buddy and I go out on the track built on farm n have hours of races with 5 packs each and don't stop till batteries are dead or we get bored and play bumper cars with them. 2 slashes full out n smash each other they fly n tumble good 10-15 feet n 95% of time they keep going have broke one lower arm n bent shock but u stick a rpm on there and they are almost indestructible. So in all I love tamiya kits but my traxxas are a close 2nd over hpi any kyosho kits. Don't think I'll ever let them go.... Traxxas please bring back kits oh and my tmaxx takes 10 times bash that savage x takes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisP

I have 4x4 slash, a bandit, 2 stampedes,t maxx always wanted a brushless emaxx. But the bandit and stampedes are original traxxas kits. They were the first I ever built before I got into clods and juggernaut . They were awesome kits to build and learn and get into the hobby. By no means are they a extreme perfect Rc car but for what u got with the kits for price was worth every cent. I wish traxxas would would put out kits again Id be all over them just for the fun of building. My one stampede and bandit are still original with the mechanical speed control and stinger motor both first 2 kits I ever built. They are stupid slow but it's a retro feeling like jumping back 20 years In Rc history. My other stampede has the full thunder tech conversion carbon chassis plates n the cab conversion ( think diamondback and outlaw?) it's a mini tremor. I love it just like every other thunder tech product I own the 2 go great hand and hand. And my slash is fun they are fast and tough as **** my buddy and I go out on the track built on farm n have hours of races with 5 packs each and don't stop till batteries are dead or we get bored and play bumper cars with them. 2 slashes full out n smash each other they fly n tumble good 10-15 feet n 95% of time they keep going have broke one lower arm n bent shock but u stick a rpm on there and they are almost indestructible. So in all I love tamiya kits but my traxxas are a close 2nd over hpi any kyosho kits. Don't think I'll ever let them go.... Traxxas please bring back kits oh and my tmaxx takes 10 times bash that savage x takes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The original Savage is what got my back into the hobby after an almost 10 year hiatus due to college/work/marriage.... I'll take your word on you having the magical TMaxx that didn't require almost every stock part to be hopped up just to keep it together... my Savage on the other hand was a near-indestructible beast... :emot151::D