Info: Thunder Tiger Sledgehammer S50

jayedxr6

Hey guys, first post!

Anyone have personal experience and opinions on these monsters? I can't find much bad about them, especially for the price at $549 AUS.

I am picking one up tomorrow afternoon and am looking for anyone with good or bad experience to finalize my decision!

Cheers Jay

northerngames

from what I can tell there is like zero replacement parts on ebay so that's a pass on it's own for me.

not going to be any fun sitting there with broken parts that are nowhere to be found at a decent price type thing.

that and for the kind of money it cost I would go with a more respected name brand.

jayedxr6

$549 Aus is nothing! You can hardly get a 1/10 rtr road car for that.
I ended up getting one today and ive gotta say the quality of it seems to be excellent. It offers everything a hpi or traxxas does and more.

There are nothing but excellent reviews. I personally have not spoken to 1 person that has a bad thing to say about them. They all say the same thing. "Yep those things have some serious power and tough as nails"

There fairly popular in australia so parts or even hop ups are not an issue!

I plan to run its first static tank tomorrow now I have run over the truck and manual completely, ensuring everything is ready set.

Cheers

jayedxr6

All run in and tuned. Wow so much tourque very fun truck. Overall the truck handles well for a monster but does flip if you try. The engine seems okay now that its tuned, tuning proved to be quiet challenging for my skill set but it seems I have ironed out the bugs there. The tourque is pretty insane, if it doesnt wheelie, all 4s are skating for traction on tarmac for a good 5-7 metres right after WOT is applied from any speed almost.

Only complaint is lack of thread lock from factory on the spur gear.

Overall this is a great truck so far it seems very tuff and durable at this stage but time will tell!
Cheers

Last edited:

bean-a-reano

Nice choice. That truck is what most of us in the states know as the AE MGT. 8.0. So yes it is tough and powerful and a gas hog. And there are many hop ups still out there. Congrats!

jayedxr6

yes I was aware of that ! :) twin tank set up sounds the go! Im having trouble with needle settings on the carb at the minute but ill sort it out.
Cheers

jayedxr6

Switched to an o.s 8 plug and mmi fuel runs flawlessly now! Tuned just on the rich side wich from what I can tell is where it wants to be. Have stripped basically the entire gearbox though! Ordered a new box. Other then that the trucks excellent

jayedxr6

The truck went back together with the new box. Runs really well.
First time out I broke a shock though.
Can you get alloy replacements for these?