***Tamiya Bruiser Re-Release Petition***

Discussion in 'Tamiya RC Monster Truck Forum' started by ScaleManiac, Apr 13, 2007.

Help Support RCMT Network by donating:

Tags:
  1. Jun 7, 2009 #21

Forrest

Forrest

Forrest

well, the rcmt website has been around for some time. Ive called it home since the late 90's.

2. Jun 8, 2009 #22

kpn

kpn

kpn

If Tamiya is reproducing the Rough Rider in nearly identical form, I would think reproducing the original Hilux might not seem that implausable. Die cast is not a big deal for a company that does it already with their static models!

Keith

3. Jun 9, 2009 #23

masterblaster

masterblaster

masterblaster

The bruiser and mountainer as well as the hilux and blazing blazer all apeal to me for one reason above all others and that is the rarity of them, the fact that they are 30 years old is awesome and that makes them special and valuable, take that away and what are you left with? Just a cool looking truck thats it!! It will destroy the value of all the vintage originals out there, some guy spends 3 grand restoring his bruiser then tamiya re releases it and bam...that guy's 3 thousand doller bruiser aint worth 0000 because there is no way to prove he didnt restore it using remade parts. I love vintage trucks because they are vintage not because they are so scale or so well made, Ive seen bruiser axle housings come right out of the blister packs and crumble in my hand like an old dried out cookie. The only thing the new bruiser would be good for is if someone wanted a scale truck sitting on their shelf or if someone needed a trip down memory lane...but everything else would be lost and collectors who have spent thousands on there oldies especaily for investment purposes would be devastated. I just spent 2 grand restoring my rough rider and now I cant even look at it...I mean how the 0000 to I convince anyone I used ALL original vintage parts? Tamiya just took something wonderful and cheapened it, shame on them. Sincerely Wes Laflin

4. Dec 17, 2010 #24

THE HOBBYMASTER

THE HOBBYMASTER

THE HOBBYMASTER

it would be great to see some more 3 speed trucks for sure, The Blazing Blazer would be the one I would like to see!!:drool