***Tamiya Bruiser Re-Release Petition***

Discussion in 'Tamiya RC Monster Truck Forum' started by ScaleManiac, Apr 13, 2007.

Help Support RCMT Network by donating:

Tags:
  1. Apr 13, 2007 #1

ScaleManiac

ScaleManiac

ScaleManiac

For those of you who have no seen this thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67972 I have gone ahead and started a new Bruiser petition. After we get as many signatures as possible, it will be sent off to Tamiya with the help of RCP Crawlers (http://www.rcpcrawlers.com/). It seems that times have changed and with all the new re releases that Tamiya is doing it seems like its a possibility. It has been 6 years since the last petition was done and with the significant increase in the popularity of radio control rock crawling and scale based vehicles, it may be possible that Tamiya can and will do this for us. After all, they did give us the High lift :tmb

The petition isn't anything crazy, its simple and straight forward. I ask that if you are into these vintage 3 speed trucks, such as the Bruiser, Mountaineer, Hilux and Blazing Blazer, that you take a second and sign your name to it. Please only sign it once, also please use correct grammar and punctuation. Remember this is going to Tamiya, if we want to be taken seriously we need to be professional about it.

Here is the link:
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/TamiyaBruiserReRelease/index.html

Thanks
    Mike
    ScaleManiac

*****************You guys don't have to donate!!! doesn't go to anyone here!! It only started doing that after the 1st few entries :roll: SORRY about that! I guess thats what you get for a free petition hosting :-(*****************

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  2. Apr 13, 2007 #2
    What's a bruiser? :wnk

I signed it, and will sticky this for you Mike. Technically, I want a Blazing Blazer, or a Hilux more so, they had the better frame and working hubs. All I'd change is thicker material in a couple places, (ie: steering knuckles) and 3mm screws on the wheel to hub mounting.

3. Apr 13, 2007 #3

ScaleManiac

ScaleManiac

ScaleManiac

Thanks for the support Will, its worth another shot!

-Mike

4. Apr 17, 2007 #4

ScaleManiac

ScaleManiac

ScaleManiac

207 signatures guys :tmb

There is a lot of up roar about this on a lot of different forums, even Joe Anderson has stepped in with his 2 cents...

Keep the signatures rolling, Tamiya will hear us, one way or another. Rock crawling and scale rigs are going to be a HUGE part of RC in the future and its only going to get larger

Thanks for the continuous support guys

-MIke

5. Apr 17, 2007 #5

hunter306

hunter306

hunter306

Signed it, haha, I was quite excited when I clicked the thread title.

Thought they had just announced it or something!

6. Apr 18, 2007 #6

ArtieBallz

ArtieBallz

ArtieBallz

lol hey guys keep dreaming!!!!!!!

7. Apr 18, 2007 #7
    I will sign it, even though Tamiya USA takes orders from Tamiya Japan, so what sells in Japan will get sold here, not what is wanted here will be sold here.

8. Apr 18, 2007 #8

Norco kid

Norco kid

Norco kid

Mike, if you get this to work you'll be my super favoritest person ever!

9. Apr 18, 2007 #9

ScaleManiac

ScaleManiac

ScaleManiac

Thats where this is going, Tamiya Japan :tmb With the help of RCP Crawlers, it WILL get into the right hands. While we may not get a re release Bruiser, its important for them to see the popularity of scale / rock crawling and who knows, maybe we will get a Toyota bodied rig out of it :D

-mike

10. May 8, 2007 #10

SysError

SysError

SysError

this again ?!

yawn....

11. Jun 3, 2007 #11

Zubius

Zubius

Zubius

I signed and now will wait.....if it does happen, I'll buy 3 :tmb

12. Jun 6, 2007 #12

rx78gp02

rx78gp02

rx78gp02

wouldn't this depreciate the value of the original bruisers?

13. Jun 6, 2007 #13

Loaded_Heavy

Loaded_Heavy

Loaded_Heavy

Formally Breaker 1-9

I would say so but look at the Lunchbox re-release. Most sellers are still selling the originals at sky high prices and the only difference is people aren't buying em and are buying the re-release instead. LOL

14. Jun 6, 2007 #14

ScaleManiac

ScaleManiac

ScaleManiac

That really wouldnt bother me, I have just about 8 Bruisers and 1000s into mine... I dont have them because they are worth a lot of money. I have them because they are an awesome scale model. I am sure some would be upset as they have spent a lot to obtain one or restore one, but i think an original would still be valued more anyways.

-Mike

15. Jun 19, 2007 #15

william g

william g

william g

Retired Moderator

moved to bruiser forum

16. Jul 24, 2007 #16

spinout180

spinout180

spinout180

3 speed

I've seen some of these trucks you're talking about, truly sweet rigs. Doesn't anyone make a 3 speed tranny like in the trucks you're talking about? I think it would be hugely popular, since you could use 1st gear for crawling, then shift up for a little more speed for general trail running and bashing. I'd buy one in a heartbeat, it'd make your favorite truck more versatile. Plus, shifting gears would be awesome! Are you manufacturers listening?

17. Mar 19, 2009 #17

masterblaster

masterblaster

masterblaster

I dont think tamiya will ever re-release the bruiser, theres just no money in it. With all those metal parts in the kit it would be cost prohibitive to reproduce it, think about how all those metal parts are made, ever notice how the only ones they re-released are mostly plastic? Thats cause plastic is cheap and easy to produce and thats all your gonna see re-released. It will never happen, and if it did my nib mountaineer and bruiser would be almost worthless and my $5000.00 investment would be a disaster, any collector would become nuaseous at the idea, it would destroy the collectibility of all those originals. Besides they did re-release it, it's called the f-350 highlift.

18. Jun 5, 2009 #18

theripper

theripper

theripper

As a collector, I am disgusted with the thought of a bruiser release. I have thousands invested in my 3 speeds and a re release would make them worthless. Is nothing sacred anymore. If they do re release one, I hope they charge an arm and a leg for it.

19. Jun 6, 2009 #19

Forrest

Forrest

Forrest

no worries

Hey, its nice to know that you found the best bruiser forum on the web!
    I think that your investments are safe as the materials & methods of manufacturing the bruiser and mounty are considered too expensive and unprofitable. Its a shame that the industry has gone all plastic.

hey it could be worse if you have recently purchased a chrysler vehicle.....lol

20. Jun 6, 2009 #20

theripper

theripper

theripper

hey forrest, it took me awhile, but it does seem i found the right forrum. And i love this vintage section. Who's idea was this anyhow? :tmb:pics