Stretched aeromax.

kenworth

Member
After i started out with a tamiya ford aeromax kit and a tamiya box trailer kit i was off and running. This was the first version i was on before i found out how creative i could get with one of these trucks.





This is where i am at now so far.

















Trailer is getting some new fenders. The doors are being redone so when that is done i am going to hopefully say building is done. I will then say the painting is all that is left to focus on.
 

kenworth

Member
I made a fifthwheel cover before but misplaced it so i made another.



This is what i got so far redoing the trailer fenders to match the truck.

 

kenworth

Member
Well i think i like the end results on the fenders. They match perfectly to the truck.





Also put more of the 3D flames to match also.





 

kenworth

Member
I am always doing more and more research on making this more realistic all around. I changed the trailer once more time. I took alot of steps back on this one for realistic look on the trailer. Did some body work sealed off some of the side doors to only have a one door opening like an in town delivery trailer.











On top of that i was trying to reconstruct the refrig unit and really destroyed the front of the trailer so when i fixed it i took this as the opportunity to make a better unit also i am going to build it so i can put the leg batteries in side. Along with access to them.





When i was doing all of this reconstructing to the outside i thought i could not leave the inside alone so i am building all the walls the front of the inside and i am making the floor so it can be removed to get the wires. It is adding some weight back that i tried to take off the truck but i have not really ended up with the final motor combo for it.

 

kenworth

Member
This has GOT to be the hottest big rig ever!! I'm in love with the cab:drool.
Thanks alot for those good words on my truck. I have put alot of work into it. I love to customize this thing and i found that customizing this truck has been alot of fun i can't wait until the next one.
 

kenworth

Member
Well the last picture the opening of the trailer did not look right so more reconstruction has been done opened it up alittle to make it look more like the inner insulated walls.



Almost finished all the doors. All of the latches are functional.





Just like the floor i made the front wall removable. The inner wall is going to be held in place by the screws going through the trailer wall to clamp together to the refrigerator unit to hold in place. I also made a vent box to do a couple of things. One to hide all the wires going to trailer and make an access to the trailer leg batteries i placed in the the refrigerator unit. The vent box is going to have four pegs coming out the side to latch into place and is removable from the inside.



Here is a shot looking down from the back of the trailer of the vent box in place.

 

kenworth

Member
I finished the new refrigerator unit and i am alot more happy with this one.







Here is some pics of almost everything on the truck and trailer. So i think this could be at least the end of the building part beside the trailer floor. I am happy at all angles the way it looks. The weather here is getting better so i think i could get painting in and i am hoping to get alot of painting in. So maybe by the winter this might actually look done but who knows.



 

kenworth

Member
I tried to get as much painting in as i could before the cold. You know these new england winters are haha. Well it is coming along nice i got the trailer worked almost to the end.





There was a few things my eye just could not stay with so i made some changes. I am making a bracket to hold up the fenders on the truck just like the trailer. I removed the steps they did not look right and moved the stacks back behind the box. I used the original stacks from the kit and in the process of making some new holders for them. The kit brackets for the stacks just did not bring it out enough.









 

kenworth

Member






Well i had to keep myself busy for the winter time so i am working on another part i always wanted to try. I wanted to make a detailed interior but never tried it on anything. So here we go. To do this i had to move the motor back into the sleeper and made a whole new sleeper platform to go around the motor. This is what i have so far. I am really happy with it. I made a new cab floor, added to the dash, made a transmission cover complete with cup holder, the back of the cab and roof are one piece still working that one, stick shifter with high low switch. The seats i reworked and put some plastic around the spring section and going to heat it up to melt them to simulate wrinkled fabric.











When i cut the doors was a litte nervous for me but i got through it haha and i had to add to the cab to make it whole again. The hinges i made from scratch but i don't think those are what i will be using when i am done though.



 

Dominick Shauntee

Well-Known Member
glad you made it over here welcome to RCMT ! don't have to go over to scale4x4 to see it or progress or your latest mod change up to this beast i still consider the best r/c semi ford aeromax ever done
 
Top