Spur Gear ?

KingClod27

Hey guys wanted to know where I could find a 32p spur gear under 60teeth for my Axial Wraith...I want to use a bigger pinion but because of the tight fit I cant adjust the motor too much. So Im looking for a smaller spur gear so I can use a slightly bigger pinion. I was looking for Kimbrough but couldnt find anything. The Kimbrough spur I have now is 32p 60t.

KingClod27

I want to run a 15t or 17t pinion and want to make sure a 48t or 52t spur will work together

I even found a 50t and 54t spur...

KingClod27

william g

Retired
yes, those 3 should fit fine
some may only use 2 mount screws, some 4 all depends on hole patterns but 2 is enough

KingClod27

Thats what I was wondering too...I think I will try the 17t...right now Im running 12t and 60t

or even a 19t pinion could be an option just dont know if I will have the same space problem...I guess it all depends on how much smaller in Diameter the 54t spur gear is compared to the 60t spur gear

ERIC-TC

Ck Rc crawler sells 32P spur conversions for the axial tranny. I believe these are actually duratrax parts for the nitro evader. The CKrc crawler kit are the ones I purchased for my axial monster project. I'm still running 48P and so far it's holding up but my tranny has a slipper.

Last edited:

william g

Retired
a conversion, a 32p gear bolts right in

I even tried a 50t traxxas gear and it fits the axial transmission, it's originally from/for a slash4x4

axial wraith trans has a slipper with 3 mounting screw holes

and for those needing a 50 tooth 32p gear traxxas #6842
and a 54 tooth 32p gear is #3956

KingClod27

Im running a slipper on mine too...I found a Traxxas 54t 32p Spur gear and Im running a 17t pinion gear and I got plenty speed out of that dinky 3900kv motor lol...(shouldnt call it that lol..Viper makes good stuff)...I might upgrade to a higher KV motor but for what Im using mine for its fine

im2tall

Kimbrough

Kimbrough spur gears are a direct swap, I was using a 44t,and just recently moved up to 46t,I'm using a 21t pinion on my Redcat! Kimbrough has every size you need,and the quality is very good!

Last edited: