Something I Have Been Working On

Discussion in 'Tube RC Monster Trucks' started by twisted8, Apr 27, 2008.

Help Support RCMT Network by donating:

Tags:
  1. Apr 27, 2008 #1

twisted8

twisted8

twisted8

i traded heavy this boyer tuber and the last 2 days ive been piecing it together.

heres what i have so far.more pics to come...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  2. Apr 28, 2008 #2

twisted8

twisted8

twisted8

heres an update. after mocking up the truck to see how things would fit (above pics) i had to do a little extra work.

one, the tranny was over to the left of the chassis to far and on articulation the drive line would hit the upper 4 link screws.

i previously made a new skid plate out of nylon (all dremel work) with extra holes but i needed to drill two more holes so i could get the tranny over far enough.

[​IMG]

after that was done the tranny fits nice now but i dont have alot of room. i will have to make a new skid plate down the road so i have a little more adjustment as to where the tranny sits. rite now iam fine till i want to change pinion gears.

[​IMG]

another problem i had was the rear end didn't want to articulate well , it would bind up and it was due to the shocks iam using. associated aluminum factory shocks. the problem is they use a plastic ball type mount on top that doesn't allow the shock to pivot that much and also the angle of the shock screw mount coming off the chassis. these two played a role in poor articulation.

the hole in the shock cap is to small for the use of fuel tubing,so i cut off the caps mount and drilled a hole and used a screw and a traxxas end like used on alot of trucks in the day.

[​IMG]

completed shock.

[​IMG]

now its all smooth.

3. Apr 29, 2008 #3

william g

william g

william g

Retired Moderator

nice shock cap idea
    Bet if you talked to Hua he could make some from aluminuminuminum and put them on his site. Maybe even name them after you. :tong

4. Apr 29, 2008 #4

twisted8

twisted8

twisted8

that would be cool but i didn't come up with the idea. i 1st seen it on reigns site.

5. Apr 29, 2008 #5

twisted8

twisted8

twisted8

its finished except for the panels. i took it out today and it worked good but it needs some tweaking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ill post some more pics soon the more i work on it. skins are next.