SMT10 running 2.2 wheels

rcwanab

Not sure if anyone will answer or even read this these days but here goes. I’ve been interested in the SMT10 since its introduction and now with the cheaper and improved redone RTR or build your own raw builders kit I’m pretty sure that will be my next truck. I’m not crazy about wheel combos though. The BKT look a little too small but 2.6 Jconcepts tributes (while amazingly cool) look slightly too big. Pictures in this section seem less common than the others. I’m really looking for pics of a SMT10 with Jconcepts 2.2s. Assuming they will be close in size to the BKTs. Other than the size of the BKTs the rims are ugly maybe even Tribute 2.2s in the stock tire.?. I have a modded Clod with Tributes and a modded HPI W/K with Traxxas monster jam wheels. Honestly while I’ll always love Clods the W/K is one of my favorite bashing vehicles and use it weekly. 75 percent the size of the Clods and after mods pretty durable due to its smaller size while still driving pretty real life scale plus a 6000mah 2 cell lasts forever in it. I haven’t actually had a SMT10 in my hands yet but I’m imagining it will end up in between the W/K and the Clod size wise. Not to mention it would be nice to have a vehicle with more aftermarket support. Thanks for any thoughts on this.

rcwanab

I just realized the answer to my question. In 2.2 m/t size Jconcepts only makes one style tire, the Ranger. Good looking on a pickup or trail rig but not right on a monster truck.