sidewinder sv2 issues... SUCCESS! page 3

northerngames

I guess the hot glue sheet would not be too great for heat transfer though it would just burn'em up.

there has to be something out there that could be apllied for waterproofing and heat transfer though.

darkchylde415

will posted it, get some liquid electrical tape and brush it on or dip it in that. squirrel has a vid on youtube basicly just take your esc plastic case off and then do the board and it will work fine. i did a couple of mine with plasti dip and that worked good too!!!

joe

ɹoʇɐɹʇsıuıɯpɐ
Site Administrator
Super Moderator
It's running just fine; no cogging at all.
Check my build thread for video (brushless clod basher)
I'm not sure what to recommend for radio gear...
but I know that a spektrum dx3r works.
:)

Jerry Matoon

Has anyone tried this with a Spektrum DX3S???
According to the instruction manual online; the DX3S only mixes with the steering channel. But without the SV2's or a DX3S that is all I have to go on.

Budhatrain's post in the y-harness thread mimics this issue with the DX3S.

Spektrum has a DX3C that has mixing capabilities for the throttle channel:)

Jerry

TurnMeOver

Did castle ever get this fixed or is it still an issue? I am utilizing my aux/3rd channel for something else so if the new systems still cant be run using a y cable then as much as it pains me to say it I may have to start looking for a new motor / esc comb. That would stink cause I love Castle's stuff.....

ricrush

WillG4prez!!
Did castle ever get this fixed or is it still an issue? I am utilizing my aux/3rd channel for something else so if the new systems still cant be run using a y cable then as much as it pains me to say it I may have to start looking for a new motor / esc comb. That would stink cause I love Castle's stuff.....

Talked to them yesterday about it. They were in process with this subject. I am going to send them this thread right now. I am sending it to a different tech so hopefully a different light can be shed on it.

Last edited:

northerngames

I got mine wired up with no issue's using a splitter and no AUX port on my reciever.

running dual sv2 dual 4600's bec pro 20 amp dual servo's off a single 5,000 MAH 40C 2S lipo.

only fancy thing I needed to do was connect the bec to the pc and up the voltage to 6V and connected one esc to the pc to change the motor direction so they both spin the same but other then that I had no issue setting up a dual brushless.

castle has seen this post and explained already what they thought was the issue they said some radio gear dont have enough signal power to handle two esc off one channel while others do.

nobody said it was mandatory to have a aux port it's just a proven working method for the one's that dont have enough signal power on their radio gear.

I did mine with a splitter and got away with it wich was also found it is possible to get them to work without the aux port but my gear must have enough power on the signal to run dual esc effectivly.

I usa a tactic TTX404 4-channel set for full seperate 4WS.

it's a $80.00 shipped off ebay special not the fanciest out there but it does everything I need and then some and am happy with the purchase's I run the same for my brushless Wk without issue also.

Last edited:

TurnMeOver

Talked to them yesterday about it. They were in process with this subject. I am going to send them this thread right now. I am sending it to a different tech so hopefully a different light can be shed on it.

Thanks Eric! Be nice to get some final answers on this. Still annoys that we were running old style Sidewinders, on any radio with whatever servos (I was using dual JR z9100t's in some trucks), with NO BECs and they worked perfectly everytime. By the time you layout for a dual system you have some money on the table and this seems to have caught a lot of guys by surprise. I know I have been living off my stockpile of old systems but sooner or later that will run out.

ZRP_Racing

I am ZRP
Dual SV2 w/4600kV systems works fine with the DX3C. Using the mixing feature for the throttle with the Aux port. Firmware 1.30.

Last edited:

northerngames

castle has replied to me and th forums already on this.

it comes down to your reciever's signal output strength.

there is no way for castle to know what your radio gear output's and they cannot go out and buy them all just so they know what radio gear can and cannot do duel sv2's.

it has nothing to to with the older sidewinder or the newer sv2 at all so no more worry's or stocking the old becuase really it has nothing to do with other's issue's.

mine ran fine with a Y splitter using chepa tactic gear.

another thing some have done that may be there is issue is feed there reciever 7.2V from a bec when little did they know the reciever has a 6v max like mine.

so if you feed it that extra 1.2v who know's what it would do in the long run.

mine is also all tied in to a single battery.

I have the new traxxas link system 2.4ghz system to try just to see if it still works wich I am almost sure it will becuase of the new stronger 2.4hgz running through the pcb then more then likely everything else is more HD over the ol AM FM setup's crystals etc.

808XD

I found success running dual rx's. I'm running a flysky gtb3 so rx's are dirt cheap when you can find them.

Budhatrain

Dual SV2 w/4600kV systems works fine with the DX3C. Using the mixing feature for the throttle with the Aux port. Firmware 1.30.
FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY... I have been super frustrated with this issue but I followed the above formula and vola success! The myth is plausible. Oh so happy! Running a single 2s Lipo with no cogging on the line.

Brian34

My sidewinder bit the dust the other day. I guess the minor issue I had been having with cogging, was worse then I thought. I was driving my truck the other day, and it was going across the lawn when I heard an audible poof ! Followed by a small puff of white smoke. No visible outside damage. The controller still worked from what I could see, but hitting the throttle brought more smoke. Upgrading to the Mamba Max Pro this week.