SCALE Nitro Monster Truck!!!

USA-1

Hey guys!!! I may have talked about it somewhere (i guess) but never took the time to post any pics of the SCALE Nitro project!!! Starting from an HPI Nitro Monster King, i'll add some TXT-1 wheels, RC4WD driveshafts that i've polished and some other mods along the road..... I'm putting it back in function so i'll FINALLY have a runner while i keep working on my 80s scaler, so the rest of the mods will be done AFTER the scaler will be finished!!! So here it is, so far....

Overall view of the frame

Trimmed original TXT adapters!! Now i gotta fabricate my barrel bolts from tubing and nuts!

Body options, but i definately might end up with the '88 Chevy and turn it into USA-1!

The DRIVESHAFTS!!!! RC4WD Ultra Scale!!! The PRIDE of the truck LOL!!!!!

FINALLY!!! I really have the illusion of a real driveshaft's slip yoke here!!!

Overall view with the body on...

So... What y'all think about it so far???

USA-1

Thanks DiggerXX!!! Yeah i think it's really sad that this truck has been produced for only ONE year!!!! They make a FANTASTIC looking truck for a NITRO, instead of those other silly unrealistic looking Savages, T-Maxxes, etc!!!... Replace just a few things here and there by SCALE parts and wheels and VOILA!!!! And YES, Aliastheactor, it's a Monster Patrol Chevy body that i'm correcting and reworking!!!

Paul4x4

Glad to see I'm not the only one here on the forums who likes to build solid axle nitro monsters! Lookin' great so far!:cool

Last edited:

USA-1

Thanks Paul!!! Long live SOLID axle trucks!!!! Long live REAL TRUCKS looollll! That's why i love RC's so much...to create the illusion of driving the REAL thing!!!

theblazer24

Man thing thing is Awesome so far! i used to have an nitro baby but then i drove though a puddle and all the magic smoke came out the electinics :p lol

USA-1

Thanks a lot Theblazer!!!! Now i'm trying to figure out some way to redesign the rear suspension the same way Iron Warrior has it.... i want to eliminate my rear shock tower since it's damaged and i've got no interest in reparing that cheap plastic AND get even more scale!!!

mrgrimm

I am looking forward to seeing the updates on this one. Gotta love nitro, I still have a Savage X in the stable and it's a beast, though not scale at at all.

If you get a nice running vid of it when done it may inspire others and myself to get a nitro king and have some fun!

USA-1

Thanks Mrgrimm!!! It's very appreciated!!! You can be SURE to see a complete running video of it pretty soon, as i'm in the last stretch of the chassis work...WHEELS RESTORATION and maybe shocks replacement as the G-Mades are real CRAP but my KING ones are already installed on my '84 scaler...I could take 'em and buy another set for the scaler but i'm hesitating a bit LOL !!! After that, body work and GO!!!! I got a few more progress pics to post later today....

USA-1

]

BARREL BOLTS!! Didn't like my home made ones so got REAL ones!!

Had to modify the axleshafts threads....

PRIMER TIME!!!!

USA-1

Terrific build and nice job lengthening the wheelbase on that body...:cool
Big thanks!!!! I just hope REALLY HARD that it won't crack with the impacts vibrations.... after all it's only styrene pieces and RC crazy glue... Crossing my fingers LOL!!

USA-1

Got a bit more progress done lately!!!

Wheel adapters finally painted!!

USA-1 on his transport wheels...