Rise of the ECD-R8 v1

Supreme Reign

Wheeeeeeew!! Guess who's got a Mad Force VE Roller with CVDs on the way?!? THIS GUY!! If I told you what I paid, I might get banned.

Mods:
- Upgraded with HPI Hellfire CVDs, very rare
- Kyosho 17mm locking hexes
- MIP rear center CVD
- ThunderTech Racing Eliminator Steering Kit: Part# CF-TF04 + new graphite servo mount included
- ThunderTech Traction Bar Kit: Part# CF-TF02
- Diffs upgraded to full 6 gear setup from the stock 4 for more power handling
- Plate under motor area modified to accepted larger 1/8 motors
- Kimbrough Heavy duty Servo Saver
- SC10 4x4 receiver box mod
- Most of the screws replaced with hex hardware
- Unpainted Proline GMC TopKick Clear Body (body decals and mask included)

Spares
- Additional RARE HPI Hellfire CVD hardware (enough for a complete set of narrowed axles)
- OFNA CVD axle stubs (discontinued)
- Stock setup of dogbones and hexes included
-Miscallaneous parts as shown

Last edited:

th67ss

You got a heck of a deal!! If I had the money it would be sitting on my table:mad

What esc/motor combo you thinking?

Supreme Reign

I'm kind of leaning towards the 2650kv or I wouldn't mine trying a 2400kv. How many cells you going to run?
I'm sticking with 2S, which was more than enough in my E-Savage. Eventually, I'd like to try a 3S, though. I'm not going to even bother with 4S, ever.

th67ss

Never tried mine on 2s, I need to make a lead for esc. I've been running 4s, which at first seemed insane but now I'm getting use to it. I may pick up a 3s pack to get a little more control. I know Kjr runs 3s and seems to like the truck better.

william g

Retired
Never tried mine on 2s, I need to make a lead for esc. I've been running 4s, which at first seemed insane but now I'm getting use to it. I may pick up a 3s pack to get a little more control. I know Kjr runs 3s and seems to like the truck better.
Same here, I like 3s on a stock driveline out of box truck like my FO-XX

william g

Retired
Tom the only changes so far to my FO-XX is the radio, and tires. I swapped in my tactic radio, and some maxx sized masher 2k's. Motor, esc, gears are all stock at the moment and I really enjoy it on 3s.

shenlonco

Don't know if you seen my foxx video but I ran two cheap duratrax onyx 3000 7.2V NIMH packs and it went pretty good.

mrluckies

Yeah, I've ran them on 2 - 6 cell nimh packs and they do well. Just don't forget to change the setting on the esc. I also have run them on a 3s. I would say the 3s is like running the two 6 cell nimh nbatts. That's how I let my kids drive. I also have 2 - 2s lips that I normally run. It's too fast for small areas, but a lot of fun when there's space to make mistakes. Just don't be afraid to let off the throttle to get it to turn. Off the line it's about the same. Its the top end that is different. Thats because it wheelies so hard regardless of what you run. I usually just put the 3s on the side opposite the motor and it's still pretty balanced. Just make sure to get a high amp hour rating. The higher the better. It does make a difference. The higher amp hour rating doesn't drop off as much when you punch it. Think of it like a reservoir above a hose. If it's too small, the reservoir empties when the hose is opened so it's only what is being filled by the water pressure However the higher amp hour rating keeps the hose filled as i f the water pressure is filling it up faster than the hose can use it. I recommend at least 5k.

th67ss

Don't know if you seen my foxx video but I ran two cheap duratrax onyx 3000 7.2V NIMH packs and it went pretty good.
Yeah I saw the video, that thing moves out really good for nimh batteries.

Yeah, I've ran them on 2 - 6 cell nimh packs and they do well. Just don't forget to change the setting on the esc. I also have run them on a 3s. I would say the 3s is like running the two 6 cell nimh nbatts. That's how I let my kids drive. I also have 2 - 2s lips that I normally run. It's too fast for small areas, but a lot of fun when there's space to make mistakes. Just don't be afraid to let off the throttle to get it to turn. Off the line it's about the same. Its the top end that is different. Thats because it wheelies so hard regardless of what you run. I usually just put the 3s on the side opposite the motor and it's still pretty balanced. Just make sure to get a high amp hour rating. The higher the better. It does make a difference. The higher amp hour rating doesn't drop off as much when you punch it. Think of it like a reservoir above a hose. If it's too small, the reservoir empties when the hose is opened so it's only what is being filled by the water pressure However the higher amp hour rating keeps the hose filled as i f the water pressure is filling it up faster than the hose can use it. I recommend at least 5k.
That's what I was planning out doing instead of reconfiguring the battery lay out holders.

mrluckies

Also, while you can make a new harness for the esc , i just made a jumper for one of the leads instead. I basically bought an extra connector that is the same as the battery's and then I soldered one wire to both leads on it making a loop. That way when I want to run one pack, I just connect the jumper to the other battery connector on the esc. This allows me to easily switch between one and two packs. I did this mostly for when I let kids drive my rigs. It's kind of like traxxas' beginner program on their esc at half power.

Supreme Reign

I got the truck assembled and wired up for a test drive only o discover these stupid dish rims don't fit my 17mm hexes on either of my MF trucks. I have CVD's on both trucks, so I can't revert to the stock stub shafts. What's worse is someone decided it would be awesome to cut and shave the tires. I swear I want to vomit.

If you're on the fence regarding buying a MF, let me tell you to just go ahead and take the paunge. The truck is substantial and far more impressive than any other solid axle truck on the market, past or present. My Clods are headed to the garbage, but I'll probably just sell them first. My TXT spec Jugg will be reassembled and sold, as well.