Retro rules?

BCCrawler

Looked on the nrctpa site and need some clarification. On the hitch is there a minimum or max height? Also motors listed are "stock", "original motor", and "kyosho magnetic mayhem". My question is does stock refer to any 27t motor or stock for the kit. I currently have holmes hobbies 27t crawler motors in mine. Thanks

BCCrawler

Thanks for the quick reply Bart. I cant make it to worlds this year but Jordan (guy helping with scoring) is gonna bring my Tall Cool 1 retro to run. I have a prototype servo mount/pulling hitch that will be on the truck. I plan on offering them if they work out.

Tad

This is the stock motor rules for nrctpa.

Stock:
Are to be motors that are R/C motors with non-adjustable end bells. These motors will be labeled as ROAR motors. Rebuildable stock motors will have an identification mark on the can and armature. These marks will either be the ROAR name or the manufacturers name along with the number 27. You can not tamper with, in any way, the timing adjustments, which include the use of cut brushes that will affect the timing. Ball bearings, external magnets, internal Cobalt or neodymium magnets are not permitted. You are allowed to machine the commutator with a comm. stick or a stock comm. lathe only. No opening of a motor with a staked end bell. You may disassemble rebuildable stock motor for maintenance. Other than machining the commutator you may not alter rebuildable motors. This includes swapping end bells, cans or armatures. You are allowed to change springs and brushes in the motor. The end bell must have a bushing.

Hope this helps. It is any 27 turn motor but most are advanced timing so it makes it hard to find a reverse rotation motor for a clod.

BCCrawler

So if I am running holmes hobbies 27t crawlmaster expert motors my truck isn't legal? They have adjustable endbells which made it easy to make one reverse rotation. They spin about 2000 less rpm than silver cans at 5v.

Tad

I would say they aren't because of the adjustable timing and they have bearings instead of bushings.

Now if you want to try them I don't think anybody would mind trying them. We are trying to get the lipo 45 turn motors to work in the class so we can get away from the nimh batts.

Last edited: