Proof A Traxxas Solid Axle MT Is Never Happening

Supreme Reign

Go to 8:20 to find out why Traxxas will not be making a solid axle MT.

[video=youtube_share;zTdvRcnYeMg]https://youtu.be/zTdvRcnYeMg[/video]

HawnMT

I think it's better proof as to why full size MTs won't go with independent suspensions. Even if you solve the width problem, IS trucks just absorb bumps and jumps so much better than solid axles that it makes freestyle boring. If racing were bigger then there would be greater reasons for developing the technology.

Badmudrtruckr

Agree, HawnMT. It definitely takes the excitement out of it. It could barely get any air under it's tires as the suspension absorbed everything. Solid axled trucks just work so much better for freestyle which is Monster Jam's bread and butter.

bpare207

This video was also posted on the Shafty Solid Axle group on FB, and I guess the guy who built the truck (by himself entirely it seems) has no affiliation with traxxas. So there is some misconception here.

DEVASTATOR

Defiance Racing
The only way an I.S. truck can do anything in freestyle is to add a whole lot of speed. In that video there wasn't room for any speed. Ever see or drive a Maxx or Revo in a freestyle competition? They are terrible in the fact that they absorb everything too well LOL!! That "TMaxx" MT in the vid absorbed the jumps well but it handled terrible from what I saw.

I would consider that a fail based on what MT's are built to be and do. It would lose badly against the solid axle trucks unless some extremely serious amounts of time were put into working with the setup.

monsterjamman24

Keep in mind Independent suspension trucks have a very real problem. They bottom out and hard. If they were doing that in real life the trucks would never be welcomed back to many stadiums as the amount of floor damage would be un real.

Take for instance a heavy nose/rear landing today, the solid axle moves and absorbs most the hit. An IS truck would very likely travel all the way to the bulkhead seemingly slamming it into the floor.

Watch this hit (start at 0:12 if it doesnt work right) Truck has a slightly nose heavy landing and it slams the ground hard
[video=youtube_share;zMMz2Lq_Zjg]https://youtu.be/zMMz2Lq_Zjg?t=12[/video]

Is it possible? Probably so. But who's going to lead the very much expensive research and development into IS trucks?

DEVASTATOR

Defiance Racing
I agree, it would be a terrible expense and for what gain? People love monster truck racing because they are solid axle and how they handle and look when performing or racing. Large wheel I.S. trucks in a class of their own? Maybe. Would it be as entertaining as the solid axles? Probably not because they just handle too well. The end result of large wheeled I.S. trucks would be over sized short course racing IMO.

sb306

I don't think I would enjoy watching it. I'm to the point that I won't even buy any i.s. rc monster truck. To make it fun I have to get ridiculous air or generally just be on the edge of a spectacular crash at all times because they handle so well.