Proline brawler 2.6 rims vs j concepts tribute 2.6 rims

rcwanab

Need some opinions on these? Is either better than the other? The J Concepts are a little less expensive and a couple more color options. They also have the ability to change offsets but honestly that is kinda what concerns me. Is there any weakness there? I am thinking of using some Clod tires on a 1/8th scale 2wd Stampede and want to use the widest offset available. Which of the two are the most bash worthy?

MaX-D

I've been using the jconcepts 2.6 tribute Wheels with the widest 25mm offset on a Slash 4x4 with no problems.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Orange Pedeanaut

Hamster Power Racing RC
As much as I hate to say it since they support us so much, the J Concepts wheels are terrible. Every set I have is so out of round I can barely use them, some even rub knuckles on half the wheel but not the other half, etc. The Pro-Line ones are as smooth as silk.

rcwanab

Thanks for the info. Hate wobbly wheels. Had some DE Trinidad SC rims that where useless cuz of wobble. I still support J Concepts buying their bodies. Have 2 now and looking at a 3rd for my W/K.

MaX-D

As much as I hate to say it since they support us so much, the J Concepts wheels are terrible. Every set I have is so out of round I can barely use them, some even rub knuckles on half the wheel but not the other half, etc. The Pro-Line ones are as smooth as silk.
I have one wheel slightly out of round. Not bad. I've always thought that the Pro-Line Brawlers looked too wide.

MaX-D

One of the main reasons I went with the tribute Wheels is because of the hex adapters. If you strip a hex, you can take off the screws and replace it with a new one. I ultimately ended up going with the aluminum 25 mm hex adapters.

Tad

That is amazing that yours wobble that bad. Normally if they are off it is because the center hub is tightened down off or to tight. I have tons of these wheels and have very little wobble in any of them.

If you do strip a center it can be replace so that is nice.

You can add a bead lock ring to get that feld look if wanted.

I stripped several pro line wheels when I did run those.

If you want to run jconcepts tires there wheels are the best option.

If you want to run any other brand tire they have to be modified to fit the jconcepts wheels.

Stevo

I also went with the jconcepts tribute wheels

One of the main reasons I went with the tribute Wheels is because of the hex adapters. If you strip a hex, you can take off the screws and replace it with a new one. I ultimately ended up going with the aluminum 25 mm hex adapters.

I just got mine in and not sure what offset is best for the ground pounder,which do u think?

Tad

You have to use the 25mm offset on the ground pounder because of how the knuckle is made.

You can cut the knuckle down or get a set of Hesse Machine knuckles to clear a narrower offset.

MaX-D

Here's a pic with the black Shapeway's beadlock ring. I used a silver paint pen for the dots on the ring.

Orange Pedeanaut

Hamster Power Racing RC
I have 3 different mounted sets of JConcepts on 2 different kinds of their tires on 3 different trucks (Homemade dual motor 4x4 Pede, 4x4 Pede, and Clod) and bought at 3 different times. At least 6/12 of wheels have wobble. One is so bad that it's on the front of my Clod and when I spin the opposite side, the other wheel locks up by hitting the knuckle. Some are perfectly smooth like Pro-Line and some are definitely out of shape. Luck of the draw, and I have talked to multiple people at multiple events who said the same thing. (World's, 4 Link Nats) Not saying they are terrible, but they could be better.

Tad

Still amazing to me. I have around twenty sets and a few may wobble just a little but no more than any other wheel I have ran. I do know that I have fixed a few other peoples wheels that the center hub was bolted in to tight to one side causing a wobble. I always go back and forth putting the hub in so they go up even.

rcwanab

Ok so I had my hobby shop order me 2 sets of white +17.5 Proline brawlers. Be in late in the week, but now doing a mock up test fit and I am not sure if that will give me the width I want without using at least another 10mm widener then defeating one of the main reasons I am buying the Prolines in the first place. These are going on a Clod-o-Pede. So I may be back to the J Concepts with the 25mm hub and crossing my fingers. Also somebody said to use non J Concept tires you have to modify the tire. I am planning on using stock Clod tires so what would I have to do with the bead?

rcwanab

Also on Prolines website right now they are only listing the +17.5s and no standard Clod offset. Not a big deal for my purchase but wondering if that means anything on the future of them?

Tad

You have to cut the bead on any tire except the jc tires. The bead isn't as wide on the wheel.

If you cab find someone with the Dragon wheels. They come with 32mm hubs. If I had any I would let you have them. I will never run any that wide.