Project 1:24 mini RC MONSTER - E_Fly mRC160 BIGFOOT

Filip

Hello,
I'd like to share some my work on starting project of "solid axle miniscaler". It's based on RC minimonster from E_Fly mRC160 1:24 BIG FOOT. I chosed this car, cause of costs and possibility to buy here in Czech republic. The monstertrucks are not here so popular generaly as in US. So it is more dificult to buy any right kit or parts.

OK, I got an idea to tune this machine. This is the basic RTR model:

Filip

The first main upgrade I decided to dismount the original "tire cover", which looks like the wheels from some SUV car and make new washer, which I drilled. So it should remain the "real" wheel mount. For me, from this moment the model start to look very nice and more realistic.

Filip

Yesterday I have found a cheap plastic toy car of pickup for alternate the Hummer body. I was trying to find any nicer body from 1:24 carkits, even metal bodies, but everyone are too long. Even in measure 1:28 were too big for this chassis. Only this cheap plastic thing was just perfetly long. Especialy wheelbase is perfect. It needs 90 mm maximum...

So, this is just quick scatch of how it could look. I hope soon I will have next pictures... :)

Paul4x4

Interesting looking little truck you have there! Nice work so far.:)

I like how the wheel covers are removable, and the wheel/tire combo looks pretty good and realistic without them!:cool How's the suspension? Is it 4-linked and all? Hard to tell from the pics... Seems to be shaft driven too.:)

Never seen a truck like that before, but I might need to grab one...:p

TXT-2.0

Mod Wrapper
cool little truck for sure ...agree the wheel mod is a great touch and the body is perfect ...:emot112:

welcome to the board :D

Paul4x4

Well, that didn't take very long- just ordered TWO of those things from Germany!:D

Instantly started brewin' some ideas when I saw that truck...:rolleyes

northerngames

where's the link already? lol

if they are cheap I want one.

looks like 4 linkrods are do able and wonderng if a mini-t trans would go in there I had mine on 3s and it was a little beast and geared right I think the same combo would be something else in this :p

Filip

Thank You everyone,

I'd like to see any next mods of this car from You soon also :), I think, that's great and cheap model for tuning. Here is the link with some next detailed pictures of mechanism of this car: http://bbs.rcfans.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&action=printable&tid=623405

I also cut the front and rear bumpers (for "thinner look" of axles), then cut the rear "strange" useless piece form chassis, and front "axle stop", also there are shortened springs - now it has greater and softer axle articulation.

The strange thing on car is, when you push full throttle, the motor goes on max speed - that's OK :), but when you start turning on side, it little speeds down the power. It's not cause of any mechanical reason, it's slowered by ESC (like mix function made by electronic system...). Maybe i't more stabile during cornering, but it's pitty, cause it could even drift in cornering. Also when you drive in terrain, there is not enought power when it steers. When you stop steering, (the servo is in neutral possition) the ESC immediately gives the enough power to cross anything... I don't know why... I have seen on net a modification to brushless power, where all standard electrronics is out, then I think it should run very well... This seems, it's the brushless mods: http://rcfans-discuzx.b0.upaiyun.com/forum/201401/12/190431ijrmn8f0v10z0zf1.jpg

But still I didn't have time to work on body. I hope soon... :)

Filip

Hello :),
Yesterday I have realized the body mounting to chassis. I have to say, when I started, I have no clear idea how to attach the body. I thought, I will always need to screw the cab to chassis, when replacing batteries, but finaly I got idea just to "snap" the body and use the flexibility of plastic car shell. Here is the process:

Filip

It's nice, that modified chassis now can accept even old original body as before... For some more HC bashing could be handy... ;-)

Filip

So, here is the final work. :) OK, nothing is so final as it could be... :-D But for this time I'm satisfied, it reminds me the miniature of "Juggernaut" (also with the screws on the side of cab ;-) ) I hope soon some video will come also...

In future I'd like to try make white wheels - like "Clod Buster" has, and if I will passion and time, I'd like to make mini tube frame for this mechanical basement of this mRC160 model. I shell see...