My first Tamiya 4wd Truck

Discussion in 'Tamiya RC Monster Truck Forum' started by Daggerman, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Jul 31, 2015 #1

Daggerman

Daggerman

Daggerman

Back in March I decided I wanted a new Monster Truck, this time a 4wd (my only other is a Bush Devil) so after searching the usual place and putting in a bid I won one for ?51 posted, with everything needed apart from battery charger and batteries for the transmitter.
    When it arrived it was a bit worse for wear with nearly all paint coming off the body, tyres ripped, and servo loose, so I set about sorting it out at minimum cost.
    The servo just needed tightening, although in time I'm sure it wants screwing to the chassis a bit better.
    I bought new tyres and inserts from Seban Racing
    Shocks I got for about ?2.50 a pair off the usual auction sight.
    Shock towers were from Fibre Lyte and cost around ?15 posted

As I had some spare HPI Firebolt motors I put two of these in on the original gearing but knowing they are not all that torquey I decided to run 8 cell NIMH's as I also had some 4 cell batteries from my 1.12th days so could just use two of these.

This is how I got it
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And after fitting the Firebolt motors and new batteries
    [​IMG]

Body was generally OK apart from paint coming off and quite a lot of cracks at front, so I did my best to remove the existing pain and re-do it, but the shell went cloudy after removing the old paint so the final finish wasn't that good, still its better than it was :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sep 18, 2018 #2

Daggerman

Daggerman

Daggerman

I've not touched the dagger too much over the past two years (as usual, down to finances and trying to keep too many RC's running) but since original post I'm now running twin 6 cell NIHM batteries and esc's as well as 23t motors. Goes pretty well but I'm still not happy 22 -  twin esc and 2 - 6 cell batteries sml.jpg