must have/must do's for kruiser ve?

Discussion in 'Kyosho RC Monster Truck Forum' started by nosyajg, Apr 11, 2012.

Help Support RCMT Network by donating:

1. Apr 11, 2012 #1

nosyajg

nosyajg

nosyajg

Contributor Contributor

Scored one off rctech, and it's in transit right now...should be here at the end of April...

In the meantime, is there any mods to have or I should do when I get the truck? I looked at the stickies, and it seems like it's geared to the twin force...I don't know the exact differences with the kruiser ve and regular twin force, so IM not yet sure if I need to mod/beef anything up...

2. Apr 11, 2012 #2

Dominick Shauntee

Dominick Shauntee

Dominick Shauntee

Moderator Moderator

there is not that much difference .... accept improvements over twin-force why nothing done FAQ it is by far one of the best trucks strait out the box ever

3. Apr 11, 2012 #3

Orange Pedeanaut

Orange Pedeanaut

Orange Pedeanaut

Hamster Power Racing RC Site Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Put stickers on it, more HP, especially if they say Castle or Traxxas :)

Ive driven mine for about 15 feet and wouldnt change a thing so far, except the goofy 80's style 2.4 gig radio.

4. Apr 11, 2012 #4

Yama-Bro

Yama-Bro

Yama-Bro

I've been pummeling mine for awhile now. No major problems. The dog bones inside the front axles pop out of the steering knuckles occasionally. Usually after a bad landing. They pop right back in and you are in the action again. I've thought about doing the CV upgrade, but really can't justify it yet.

The radio isn't great, but it works. Plus it only uses four AA batteries.

The body needs replaced pretty bad. Too many failed back flips that landed upside down.

I think something to waterproof the electronics to run in the snow would be a sweet upgrade.

5. Apr 11, 2012 #5

Orange Pedeanaut

Orange Pedeanaut

Orange Pedeanaut

I plan on putting Revo shafts on mine, with my original Twin Force the first time I drove it off my porch I bent the front dogbones... I still need to take this truck and a couple others outside and actually test them this spring, have too much going on.

6. Apr 11, 2012 #6

nosyajg

nosyajg

nosyajg

Contributor Contributor

thanks for the responses guys...

i cant wait to get it...only thing is that kyosho parts is hard to get around here...looks like i'll safety wire the dogbones to lower the chances of losing them if they get ejected, and i'll be looking forward to the revo driveshaft mod...

mine isnt coming with a radio or esc, so looks lke im set there...lol...i'll be usuing my 4pk and a rx8 for the esc...it has the stock brushless motor in there...is the motor limit 4s? or 6s?

7. Apr 11, 2012 #7

hrforsale

hrforsale

hrforsale

"The body needs replaced pretty bad. Too many failed back flips that landed upside down."

1) Buy a remote that can not only turn down throttle EPA, but also throttle ramping (M11). I can't really drive the truck at anything above 85% throttle EPA, and -25% ramping. Currently 70/-35
    2) Definately buy a .060 lexan body. Mine had 2 holes on the tail gate in under 5 minutes.
    3) Get beefier links for the steering, a MEGA cart wheel made mine jump threads several times to the point the right wheel pointed way inwards while the left was straight. Although notice I said mega cartwheel, it was worst I have ever accomplished. NOTHING BROKE, just needed readjustment. I am replacing the links with truggy 5mm steering links.
    4) Relocate the ESC, costs nothing.
    5) Tire Foams, it doesn't come with any. The tires came with flat spots due to an air hole in the tire, but none in the rim. You may need tires. The stockers are glued on.
    6) It comes with DEANS ULTRA battery connector stock, plan for that.

A note: It comes with the TWIN Force motor mount I'm guessing since it has spots for dual motors stock. My friend suggested I put a crawler motor in there, adjust lash and mount it. Then take off the pinion. So just have the extra motor there, if I wanted to crawl, just swap the pinion from motor to motor! Cool idea for sure!

Awesome truck, I currently own the Mad Force, a Kyosho ST-RR, and a AE SC8e. Alot of my parts can swap to all 3 trucks. LSD gear diffs, Spur gears, shocks, end links. This truck is build like a solid axle truggy, I'm loving it.

8. Apr 11, 2012 #8

nosyajg

nosyajg

nosyajg

Contributor Contributor

why the need to relocate the esc? And where to?

The crawler motor is a pretty neat idea...

I didn't know so much stuff was interchangeable with it and across different manufacturers too...

9. Apr 11, 2012 #9

Yama-Bro

Yama-Bro

Yama-Bro

LOL I was trying to do the back flips. They are sure cool when you land them. I think half the fun of the truck is the raw power. I don't want to dial any of it out. I do have a nice radio I plan to use with it.

10. Apr 11, 2012 #10

JKRacing37

JKRacing37

JKRacing37

Contributor Contributor

I thought I remembered someone wrote something about shimming the differentials?

Watching this thread closely...if I get another solid axle truck it's going to be a Mad Force. Was adding up how much money I was spending to make the WK's durable and for the price of building another WK I can get a Mad Force, which by all accounts I've read is the toughest solid axle truck made right now.

11. Apr 12, 2012 #11

hrforsale

hrforsale

hrforsale

Take a look at my build thread on the MF for the pics, but the stock esc comes mounted on its side. It's mounted to the inside of the side plate, and the battery wires on wrapped all around that spinning chain drive shaft. It's asking for problems for sure.

12. Apr 15, 2012 #12

nosyajg

nosyajg

nosyajg

Contributor Contributor

i saw pics of it mounted...will definitely move the esc...

13. Apr 15, 2012 #13

Orange Pedeanaut

Orange Pedeanaut

Orange Pedeanaut

I used a zip tie to keep my wires away... works ok I suppose :)

14. Apr 15, 2012 #14

hrforsale

hrforsale

hrforsale

I just moved the esc, and zip tied it to the rear plate strut. Right in between the 2 shocks. It's on a diagonal, I think it's a great location for it until I get the engine mounted.

15. Apr 26, 2012 #15

nosyajg

nosyajg

nosyajg

Contributor Contributor

so it came in today...only a quick play session in my small yard, but this thing is crazy! will wheely on demand...4s is pretty explosive...i resoldered the wires on the esc in a different configuration, so it wont be likely to come into contact with moving parts...a MMP would be better in here since it's smaller...

[​IMG]

looks like the previous owner lost a front driveshaft, so he put a universal in there...i used some 18g wire to safety-wire the center shafts so in case they do pop out, i have a chance of not losing them...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here it is complete...

[​IMG]

i gotta find a better way to mount some thicker batteries on it...my 3s lipos wont fit, i used the stock battery box and some velcro straps to help hold the battery down...maybe i'll look into the ones off the savage flux...

16. Apr 26, 2012 #16

Yama-Bro

Yama-Bro

Yama-Bro

I like your re wire job. Looks nice and solves the problem. The wire on the driveshafts is a good idea too. Do you have any idea what the universal is from?

That old chevy body looks great on the the mad force. I have the same body waiting for some paint. I was saving it for my TXT, but now you've got me thinking.

17. Apr 27, 2012 #17

nosyajg

nosyajg

nosyajg

Contributor Contributor

that body fits it pretty good...also, it's the thick lexan, so it should withstand more abuse than the stock one...

the wires dont get near the center shaft now, but i think i'll still make some sort of lexan shield as an extra precaution...

sorry, i have no clue what universal that is...i'll PM the guy i bought it from and see if he knows/remembers...will post up the response when i get it...

18. Apr 29, 2012 #18

nosyajg

nosyajg

nosyajg

Contributor Contributor

i got to bash around with it for a while today...GREAT fun...

awesome solid axle truck...on 4s, i managed 30.1mph with it...anyone know what's the biggest pinion we can put in here? i think the stock pinion is too small for it...also, what pitch pinion would i need? mod 1?

here's some pics of it jumping the curb...i brought some ramps out as well, but dont have pics of it jumping that...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[video=youtube;C9MClHqCBr0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9MClHqCBr0&feature=plcp[/video]

[video=youtube;ZfMbwTqvUbQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfMbwTqvUbQ&feature=plcp[/video]

19. Apr 30, 2012 #19

nosyajg

nosyajg

nosyajg

Contributor Contributor

a pic of the lexan shield i made for the center shaft...i used the existing screw hole to mount it...works great and doesnt move around...

[​IMG]

also, i mounted a axial wraith battery box up front, just to help control the wheelies, so the receiver got relocated next to the esc...it will still wheely on demand with 3s lipo...the battery was moved there moreso so i can run a single 3s battery for racing...4s is a bit much, but the steering and weight distribution was off when i only ran 3s on one side...it is more nose heavy on the jumps now, but that was with a make-shift ramp, not the actual ones we race on, so i'll have to see if the handling will be much different on our actual race ramps...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also, bigchad808 encouraged me to put my topkick body from my revo on there...i love it...the front holes matched up- just had to redrill new rear holes for it...body is actually fluorescent orange, but it has a hard time coming up correctly in some photos...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Apr 30, 2012 #20

Bulliehead

Bulliehead

Bulliehead

Contributor Contributor

Guys,

The universal is the IFW45 by Kyosho.