Mad Dog II

Tomi_A

Thanks Cowboy! I might have to order one now.

I have now made door panels. Little more putty and sanding and the interior styrene work is done. Next I'll focus on the front and get it tilting.

Tomi_A

Not much has been done to this. Some more details in the dummy engine and a roll cage out of styrene round bar. I might redo it in brass or steel. We'll see.

Cowboyclod

Not much has been done to this. Some more details in the dummy engine and a roll cage out of styrene round bar. I might redo it in brass or steel. We'll see.

I like the engine I've been looking very hard for two good accurate velocity stacks for the retro build that I have been progressing on.

Tomi_A

I wasn't quite happy with the looks of the wire steering so I redesigned and rebuilt it. Now it's cleaner and I like it more. Next I'll mount the body more securely to the chassis and cut the front.

Tomi_A

I have now redone the rollcage in 4x1mm brass tubing. I didn't like the plastic version. There's also magnets holding the bonnet and roof down. Lightbar is on the roof but no led's yet. I need to tinker with their wires to make it look more tidy.

I can't really understand how massive this thing is without the tires on. It seems to double it's size.

Right now most of the fabrication work is done. Steering will be redone with smaller diameter cables and other details too. But now this is waiting for warmer weather to start painting.