Discussion in 'Tube RC Monster Trucks' started by Tomi_A, Aug 18, 2016.
Any updates!! on this build?
Biggest update is that I have the new JConcepts wheels and tires. Battery box/case is also there and I have changed the steering wires to a bit thinner gauge. They are much easier to handle now.
Next I'll need to make body attachments in the back and start cutting some cardboard to make some inner fender templates.
You know what really would go good with this build is a tilt hood.
I might just as well do it! It shouldn't be too hard. Also some lights on top of the roof.
Traction bars are now in. Solid in the rear and telescoping in the front. I had to bend them slightly because the angle was too steep.
Sweet that's looking better everyday!!! Cant wait to see it all done.
Is there anymore updates on this build? I'm very interested in seeing the outcome of this project.
No updates to report, sorry. I've been focusing on my other rc project.
But I will soon get back to this Mad Dog. Bumpers, inner fenders, some cad modeling...
New bumpers and lights. Front bumper is SSD and rear is RC4WD. Front will have a tilting hood so I'll need to make a some kind of bumper attachment.
Not sure but wouldn't a "L' bracket work for bumper attachment?
Its hard to tell in these pictures..
Yeah, some kind of L-bracket but I think off the shelf piece won't work. Has to be some kind of custom part.
That's what I mean you could make yourself a part not off the shelf..
I made my own bed railings for the Big,Bad&Bouncy retro using HO scale model railroad track
basically I use what's available to me and find a different way of using it.
I even made eight of my own vertical lower shock mounts using copper plated bust bars then bolted on the 102mm internal spring scale size shocks.
They wont rotate because I put them on very tightly on the suspension arms with the aid of blue locktite.
I've locktite everything
Hope this helps in giving you a few ideas of your own.
I want to see what method you will use to cut the hood
Got the front bumper mounts done. I tried to keep it simple and I used what I got in hand. Three pieces of aluminum L-profile and some cutting, filing and punching holes. Next I should concentrate on mounting the hinges. They need some sort of support block. I need to think that a bit more.
I have made some progress with this build. There's now inner fenders and a dummy engine in the front. They all need more work still, but I'm happy where this is going. Motor will be ridiculous and it will come out of the hood more than it should but I think that's the proper "Monster Truck" way.
This is so very very cool!. I think I might steal that for my Bruiser project ( :
You 3D print the dummy engine yourself right?
More stuff added to the dummy engine.
Fl3rbizky, just go for it! I stole the wire steering idea from Paul4x4.
Cowboyclod, right now I'm not gonna 3d print the engine. Old fashioned scratch building out of styrene this time.
I can think of one thing that would go nice with this build and that would be a ESS-ONE engine sound system. I have one in the Big,Bad&Bouncy retro that puts out a wicked engine sound.
Just an idea for you!!
Thanks for the idea! It has crossed in my mind that sound module would be good but I didn't know any until now.
More stuff added to the dummy engine and the roof is hinged.
Also a friend from Canada sent me these kick *** side mirrors. They are modelled after the real deals in Mad Dog II.
Here's the one I have for $59.99
Or you can you can get the newer version
Separate names with a comma.