Losi MMT concept/prototyping

T_Tank

rather embarrassing driving but a video none of the less!

[video=youtube;SyRq_vJO9j8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyRq_vJO9j8[/video]

T_Tank

So fiddling around some on this in the background but here is a variant of the MMT axle I call integra.
Which has the upper link mounts integrated, only thing I kept separated is the C-hubs which shown in the picture are some heavier duty style ones which... are likely over kill

T_Tank

Thanks man though... anyone know how I could replicate the wheely king's steering linkage system least the final parts that go down from the upper link down to the axle is there some geometry that someone could help me figure?

With the integra axle that be the more scaler look maybe even make some "fake" steering cylinders that can move and attach to the front of the diff cover!

And ya sure the steering knuckle isn't to big?

T_Tank

A vid of the truck running its smaller trans

[video=youtube;mhbXcdJpRQ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhbXcdJpRQ8[/video]

T_Tank

Chub-Knuckles update

So a look at the new Chub knuckles for the mmt I need to do a minor design tweak so 3mm screws can be used over the PITA mrc ones that at this size just love to scrip easily >.< And add a indentation for where link mount screws (or shock mount with integra axle) go so they don't push the chub around.

Things are slowing down right now but i'm debating on putting the chassis open on beta so you'll just need to provide a mrc/slick rock as a donor an use your own mrc trans plate or 1/16 traxxas trans combo. This will also help me with hugely with feedback an also just getting more of these out there was at the cactus classic last week an some racers saw it an were seaming really thrilled about the truck.

T_Tank

Chassis update FINALLY

Finally have had enough time to change up the chassis a smidge to give more room inside for more goodies. Still need to get some more time to figure out battery situation/ESC location
I did order a pair of Turnigy graphene 1s 750mah lipos I'll be running in series for the truck. They just have the right length to fit sideways in the truck (below 58mm long) which should let me figure out a plate like battery mount section so you can go to town on whatever battery you want to cram.

Here is a update shot of the new chassis by itself in CAD

And a rendering in tinkercad of the old (green) with the new (red) in place should make things a bit easier all around fitting stuff.

The blue just shows I can reuse the original flip up cabin section of the cage I may redo it or make a few different flavors of that part depending on the bodies...
Which brings me to another thought.. could make 3d printed positives for sets of rc bodies that work for these an mini crawlers a like but I really lack any proper equipment for vacuum forming (have a very small oven...)

T_Tank

New chassis has arrived with a 3.5 version of the axle to test out on the rear. definitely more room in the chassis now able to put the glitch buster an receiver in the nose section and have more room for the esc and batteries to be actually set in place and not zip tied!
new in bag

blurry side by side of the old an new as you can see the new chassis is just a bit taller

swap complete the batteries are actually sitting on the mrc trans skid so least I have a good idea of how to make a battery box now!

everything fits a whole lot nicer

shot of the experimental v3.5 axle which flips the pumpkin 90o though installing the pinion bearing is a little tricky but doable

th67ss

That thing is looking really good!

Can I ask something about 3d printing? How does one get something printed if they don't own a printer and the person on Thingiverse (sp?) and Shapeways doesn't list a price?

T_Tank

Thanks its been making me happy when I can order a batch of parts for this thing to see how the design is coming out since its a bit to large for my printer and I really need the parts sintered

shapeways should list a price if you have made your own account on there an uploaded for personal printing. There is a service called make XYZ that helps you find local people in your area that have printers that can charge you a fee to print out the item in question. https://www.makexyz.com/

Last edited:

T_Tank

Micro update but got enough fun money last month to order one of my 16.5mm backspace scale style wheels for the tlt-1 tires and I think it looks rather nice for something that came out of tinkercad might need to sand the bead regions so the tires sit fully but alls good!
And for any questions on the wheel nut its the same one that you find on the mrc or the like and it can fit the wheel wrench socket inside the planetary no problem with the cover removed.

Also need to think about the unexpected issue that up front I can't use the planetary covers due to how long the threading is on the mrc cvds compared to stock @[email protected]

Attachments