Looking to get a Mad Force

Discussion in 'Kyosho RC Monster Truck Forum' started by kev187, May 29, 2016.

Help Support RCMT Network by donating:

1. May 29, 2016 #1

kev187

kev187

kev187

Hello Everyone

Not alot of activity here, but I am saying hello and looking for some pointers.

Veteran RC builder driver here, started with the tamiya in the 80s and still have my original turbo optima on the shelf.

I love the solid axel mad force, and looking to get one asap. Just getting back in the hobby after a 6 year hiatus.

I was looking at the VE 2.0

Going to do one of the servo relocation mods. I see a couple options that look nice.

I am definitely doing the RC4WD alloy axle. I know it's being,but I think it's fantastic.

I am doing reading on he center shafts and options for upgrades.

Other than that, what does everyone suggest?

Shame not more after market.

Thank you!!!!!!

2. May 30, 2016 #2

william g

william g

william g

Retired Site Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Center shaft mod is really the only must do.
    Replace the (chassis pivot point) screws the hold the suspension arms on with slightly longer ones and use nylon insert locknuts. Stock is a plain nut.

Thundertech racing has a suspension arm reinforcement kit. Good idea.

4 linking looks better, but in all reality makes it more brittle. Doesn't improve handing much either. I'd suggest stock with the TTR kit mentioned above.

3. May 31, 2016 #3

kev187

kev187

kev187

Have you seen these, just showed up recently

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Front-C-Universal-ShaftMADFOR_p_24382.html
    http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/Rear-C-Universal-ShaftMADFORC_p_24383.html

[​IMG]

4. May 31, 2016 #4

william g

william g

william g

Retired Site Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

that is better than stck, but still not as good as the revo-rcmonster coupling setup.

5. Sep 22, 2016 #5

USA1

USA1

USA1

I'm wanting a solid axle truck also, but I'm undecided on what to get.

Leaning toward Axial SMT10 Grave Digger

6. Sep 23, 2016 #6

Joeman37

Joeman37

Joeman37

In my mind the Mad Force is the better value.

-Joe

7. Aug 3, 2017 #7

crisco

crisco

crisco

It really depends on what you do. If you play close to your house it's a different story. Easy to walk home and replace broken stuff.
    If your like me where I go backwoods camping in the mountains and want to play, not fix crap it gets expensive.
    Mine is a frankenstein. CPE barbarian chassis, 4 linked, mamba monster, aluminum axial 2 speed with steel helical gears, titanium geared heli servo, revo shafts, etc. I finally broke down and got RC4WD aluminum axles. The plastic one were breaking on the front too much.

I've honestly never driven a stock Mad Force. I went from full custom clodbusters to this 11lb thing. I don't know what the trucks are like with the stock plastic trailing arms, and I've never had dog bone
    From what I have bashed and broken, on 4s with a MM 2600, I've had more issues with screws and plastic axle housings. The Revo shafts have never failed. The stock dog bones in the axles have never failed. The helical diff gears have lost a tooth or two. And don't get me started on bodies. It will do a full double back flip if blipped and anything over half throttle in high gear is just plain ridiculous.
    This is when I was still in mock up stage.

2-27-2017-b.jpg

One thing I will say from experience is if you 4-link one of these, run the bottom links to the center of the chassis. Keep the mounts on the axle towards the wheels, upper links straight, and triangulate the bottom links under the diff. I have practically zero torque steer, lift, or twist.

Attached Files: