looking for txt parts _ please list sources

Discussion in 'Tamiya RC Monster Truck Forum' started by th67ss, Mar 24, 2011.

Help Support RCMT Network by donating:

1. Jun 3, 2019 #21

atrc

atrc

atrc

The stock drive shafts are junk. All they are all brass chrome plated. Get the rc4wd punisher shafts. As for running clod wheels on the txt- the satellite pins won't take the abuse like the txt wheels. I broke all the satellite pins on my clod wheels. I put in aluminum pins with bolts and directly mounted them to the wheel hub. Downside is you have to have spare clod wheel hubs to run more wheels. There just isn't enough demand for hard gears for the TXT like the clod.

2. Jun 4, 2019 #22

BBGO

BBGO

BBGO

I even does not run brushless but 2 tamiya super stock bz on a hobbywing brushed esc, intelligy 8400mah 120c 2s battery. I does not bash my txt but have plenty run time (~1hour). So far I had a plastic gear wear but I think I deserve it (crawler mode this day, considering devcon plastic weld it) and the ball stud broke last time (I am planing to reinforce it as advised by HawnMT). Metal bevel gear show sign of wear and one of drive gear (5495023) has cracked near the axis. Both have the center machined by the gear shaft... Besides, I am thinking gluing them to it. Having the whole trans in hard steel would definitely reduce the maintenance, and to be honest, I do not even plan to go brushless.

3. Jun 4, 2019 #23

BBGO

BBGO

BBGO

Actually those alloy gearbox were sold by rcdamper on eBay in very few days. So I think demand is there but most people accept the situation of no offer... at least if for the whole package the price was less than ~100$, it would be a real bargain.

I run txt wheels and I have glued hub inside it and tires are glued too.
    Sans titre.png

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  4. Jun 4, 2019 #24

atrc

atrc

atrc

I contacted rc damper about the center gear box and they would not respond to making them again. As for the axle, I don't see it listed anymore on rc4wd. If you want metal gears then buy a clod. The Txt isn't going anywhere with upgraded parts as it will soon disappear like it's other platform trucks. It's a dead novelty truck again with all tamyia trucks. I will NEVER buy a Tamyia product ever again!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  5. Jun 5, 2019 #25

spider

spider

spider

I have a TXT-1 Kit new and partially unassembled(front axle built) that I may be willing to sell if anyone is interested.

6. Jun 6, 2019 #26

andrewstoybox

andrewstoybox

andrewstoybox

How much shipped to 55444?

7. Jun 6, 2019 #27

atrc

atrc

atrc

Update Rc Damper just listed 6 center transmission gear boxes today. WOW! $180. What a demand!

8. Jun 6, 2019 #28

BBGO

BBGO

BBGO

I just saw that. Those are very well designed. But (my humble opinion) the stock plastic one is durable enough.

I would sold first gears (pignon for GB and bevels for axle / differential). Anyway, we talked about it and rcdamper told me that he will consider producing a batch of 9335321.

If that comes to live, I will propably ask him to make batch of 9445934, 9805814 and 5495023 later on. Let's hope having a bullet proof transmission on the damned TXT ! let's see...

9. Jun 6, 2019 #29

spider

spider

spider

Started a conversation with you.

10. Jun 7, 2019 #30

atrc

atrc

atrc

All Tamyia's are a money pit novelty products. I will never own one again. My Truck is up for grabs. I made aluminum upper suspension mounts for the axles and a full aluminum frame along with punisher shafts and 2 sets of wheels.

Supreme Reign likes this.
  11. Jun 8, 2019 #31

BBGO

BBGO

BBGO

Quick reminder of the subject of this thread

Tamico.de source a lot of TXT parts

12. Jun 13, 2019 #32

CraZySteve

CraZySteve

CraZySteve

I have a Star and the 3 small bevel gears I can give up... I am going to be JB welding the Diff... Since I used my TXT-1 as a rock crawler...

I am almost done doing the 4:1 Axle ratio mod! But this evening I cut my finger with the stupud X-acto knife! LOL.... No stitches needed!