looking for txt parts _ please list sources

Discussion in 'Tamiya RC Monster Truck Forum' started by th67ss, Mar 24, 2011.

Help Support RCMT Network by donating:

1. Mar 24, 2011 #1

th67ss

th67ss

th67ss

Anyone know where to buy txt parts? Besides ebay? Tower has lots of parts showing as discontinued. I need new beveled gears for the rear diff. Looking for die cast parts bag 9415812....

Tower shows just the bevel gears as 9445934, but yeah the cases are a no go.

link to bevel gears:
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNM34&P=Z

Have you tried Tamiya USA?

Tamiya has them , and ebay is a good source also

sorry for the late thread bump, but lately I've been seeing "discontinued" parts for the TXT at tower and Tamiya sites. I know there's an overseas guy on Ebay I got parts from, but that's pretty much it sometimes. Thank god I haven't broken an axle yet, just the knuckles that are clod parts and the top axle link mount prior to strengthening it. But down the line the plastic might get brittle like my old clod and some of us are gonna want to rebuild it again down the line. If Tamiya's not gonna support it with a "super" TXT release I better start shelving it Bruiser style and just run my clod...:-( sorry for the somber note but I'm sure some of us TXT fans are feeling it.

^^^ well thats not good , i have to say i just ordered my diff cover from tamiya and it took 3 plus weeks to get it to me :bang

2. Apr 26, 2011 #2

mcfig

mcfig

mcfig

Here is what I have found:

Tamiya TXT Page: http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=58280

Tamiya USA Parts Page: http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/rcpss.php?command=parts&kit_id=58280
    Tamiya USA Hop-Up Parts Page: http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/rc...hassis_id=A52&sort=id&direction=desc&offset=1
    TowerHobbies: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0005p?&I=TAMC0280&P=Z
    eBay: http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=Tamiya+TXT&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Granted these arn't great links. Most you already looked at and I can't find 9415812 either.

I run a very powerfull setup and my upper bevel gears are worn baddly. Thats why I'm looking for #9415812. On the shelf it goes...shame, I loved bashing this truck.

3. May 1, 2011 #3

vwhed1979

vwhed1979

vwhed1979

Gear bag

I search every day for that stinking gear bag. JC-RC on ebay was selling them, but lately I have not seen any. About the only stock parts left in my truck are the axles, and the only parts I ever break are the metal gears. I would like to rebuild it nice again, but I am afraid to because of the parts problem. This is my favorite truck, but it shouldn't be so hard to get parts!

Tamiya usa lists some of the gears as discontinued, but then later they get some. You can buy the axle gears seperately this way, between them and tower, but it is much more expensive than getting that gear bag, which goes for about 40 on ebay. The gear bag also has the expensive bearings, that are the odd size 11x6.

Honestly, I don't know how a company like tower hobbies can sell this truck, yet can't get all the parts.

4. May 3, 2011 #4

mcfig

mcfig

mcfig

5. May 12, 2011 #5

Shoup1cobra

Shoup1cobra

Shoup1cobra

You should be able to get a new bag of spyders and cross shafts from Tower. I just ordered them about two months ago there with no issues because someone gummed mine up with JB Weld also.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNM34

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011
  6. May 13, 2011 #6

808XD

808XD

808XD

I got the housing off, hopefully all I need is a set of beveled gears.

heating the jb weld got it free, but i managed to melt one of the spider gears :-(. Now im stuck waiting for a tower order

Wow I found my parts that I needed at a lhs!

I soaked my diff in carb cleaner and the jb weld turned into rubber.

7. May 16, 2011 #7

HawnMT

HawnMT

HawnMT

It's been getting really bad for last few years as far as finding places that carry TXT parts. Tower even dumped some items last year in their inventory reduction section and then stopped carrying those parts. Tamiya USA has been pretty useless for me for years now. The last haven for stock TXT/Jugg parts is Jason's store(jr-rc) on eBay. He carries parts bags that no one else does.

The bright side of TXTs are that they don't break near as often as Clods because they can take much more punishment. The all metal gears hold up extremely well, even under brushless power. The only semi problem part is the housings, if you jump a lot, but there are some cheap ways to beef them up. And since most of the other axle parts are interchangeable with Clods there really isn't a whole lot to have to worry about. The biggest problem I find is the TXT wheels, stub shafts, and adapters. The stub shafts are easy enough to find but the wheel adapters and rims can get expensive.

The only other problem area that potentially could arise is if you need TXT transmission parts. But that's easily solved with an older Traxxas Emaxx or newer E-revo trans.

If all you need is the upper bevel gears then you can use this bag from jr-rc on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/9805659-Tamiya-...Accessories&hash=item51977311cd#ht_500wt_1361

If your bashing then run a heavy sticky grease. I think the name of the one I run is Rocksmith gear jelly, it's a grease rockcrawlers use. I've also used marine grease from Walmart with decent success but I'd have to go in and grease it every so often depending on how often I ran it.

I have, about the nearly complete metal parts bag for TXT axles(ironically it's the one lydiasdad is asking about above) that have been unavailable in the US for years. He ordered like 5 of the bags and I picked up 2 of them. When the initial 5 sold out he ordered another bunch then never carried them again. But if you can find a part number he might be able to help.

I'm suprised the TXT has hung around in production this long. Sales can't be that much considering how expensive a new kit is compared to other stuff. So as much as I love them I can understand why other people stay away.

Ash, have you tried removing the JB Weld? I've unlocked a few JB Welded diffs simply by opening up the diff housings and breaking the JB Weld off the gears. Most people don't mix the JB Weld right or properly prep the surface(grease on the gears) so a lot of the time the JB Weld just crumbles off.

But if they did do it right and the JB Weld is stuck your best bet is to still get the gears out of the housings because the housings are hard to get. Only Tamiya carries them separately, after that you have to get the whole parts bag from Jason's store on eBay. But either way you still have to hope they have them in stock.

That's very good to know! Thanks for that Ash.:tmb

It's part of Screw Bag G, I've never seen it come any other way. You'll also need 2 6x11x4mm bearings.

8. Feb 13, 2014 #8

SWMS

SWMS

SWMS

Supporting Manufacturer RCMT Sponsor

9. Jul 9, 2014 #9

atrc

atrc

atrc

The Tamyia Argios txt-2 uses a lot of the same parts.

10. Mar 17, 2018 #10

atrc

atrc

atrc

Ebay is the only place left to find parts. I have no problem getting the gear bag.