Local ( Ohio ) advertising

bart maimone

I was wondering if we could look into some hobby shops within a few are radius of the hotel So we can send them information on our event so we could try and draw some better numbers especially on the Racing side

Let me know your thoughts ( there has to be a ton of tough trucks crawlers and short course trucks within the few are radius

nrctpaXpres

there are crawlers there...and mudracers....I am not sure if there are nay hobby shops around the area ...we can try and check though maybe Chris Bercaw knows of a couple

Tad

There is a lot of hobby shops in Ft Wayne. This is just what we need for a world class event more short course trucks.

bart maimone

Was thinking only get get something monsters / short course WHATEVER...but just like everything else..it never works...

SO FORGET WHAT I SAID IN ANY OF MY POSTS. f it

Tad

Not saying it is a bad idea. It just needs to be advertised as a monster truck event. May get some crawlers to convert a truck. Rock racing has gotten big. I know there is a lot of crawlers in Ft Wayne. The event itself is what needs to be hyped up to make people want to come.

bart maimone

Trust me I want the club to be known as a master truck club.. Only reason I brought up short course and tuff truck related vehicles is there has to be a bunch in the area of where we do our events .. It's more common to build a cheap drive 12 truck compare to a clod which is a lot more I do see your point Tad

Tad

The crawlers are getting more into the speed thing and are getting more monster truckish.

Just from talking with a few companies about things the event itself doesn't have the best reputation. I have no clue how to get more companies interested in the event but if we can get the event just talked about more it will make things happen possibly.

Tad

Can't tell you what has turned some of the companies away just that they don't have anything good to say when you mention anything about the club.

nrctpaXpres

I will send you an email

the email I have for you dosen't work send me an email so i can get you new address thanks

Last edited:

SteelCityRCJunkie

I'm not sure how it got to be where it is, but there really isn't that much around there. That being said, it's very commutable for me, so I'm good with that.

It is (or at least has been) largely a pulling event. Nothing wrong with that, but not everyone is a puller (just like not everyone is a racer) ... and the two groups haven't always been the most hospitable to each other. From what I've seen, most of that (along with other negative comments I've heard) are not really reflective of the more recent events ... but lingering perceptions from years gone by. I have always enjoyed them, and found the vast majority of the participants to be friendly and helpful.

I've missed the last couple years due to work and family issues, but hope to be back in attendance this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEVASTATOR

Defiance Racing
Many things have changed over the years. I can safely say that both the pulling and racing divisions get along quite well and there has been great cooperation. The pulling guys have helped us out on the racing side with some of the heavy lifting (the new carpet) the last couple of events and that has been really really appreciated. Everything is better when we all work together.

Tad

Pretty much everyone gets along. Never seen much if any bad talk from one side to the other. I find it strange how when the pulling numbers were low the racing side was hi. Now that the racing side is low the pulling side is hi. If it was both like they could be there wouldn't be enough room in the hotel.