Im2talls MMT

im2tall

Something's Not Right

looking good man so just using mini revo outer diff gears shaved down or using spiders from them aswell to make the diff mostly all metal?
Im gonna have to open them back up,and inspect! I think I put the wrong bevel gears in,I have 2 sizes 1 is 1tooth larger,Im not sure if its the MLST,or Mini T bevels I'm supposed to use,I have to take them apart!I just plugged the pack in and went do a test launch, this mofo rolled a little,and said "Not today speedy,you did something wrong" SMH! I'll probably rip them apart next weekend!My Yeti jr. will be here tomorrow, and I need the esc! Struggles! My venom mini giant diffs are a direct swap(No they're not!!SMH),I have a bunch of spares,but that doesn't help othet people,because they can't get the diffs anymore! I might just throw them in,sunce they hold up to brushless well,but it's not the same as being able use parts everybody can purchase! SMH

Last edited:

im2tall

Here is how it sits now!

I deleted the 4ws steer,because it's too quick,and I don't really drive it around the house anymore,and added appropriate size shocks.These are the Mini LST2 shocks!

T_Tank

Really using mini T parts inside a mini LST diff why didn't I ever think of that I'm quickly now fitting some old dynamite hardened miniT diff gears inside and surprisingly it fitted I did have to bore out the sides where the bearings seat CAREFULLY but the whole assembly moves really smooth kinda a big surprise to me! Makes me want to build a set of these for the mini LST an use the mini T outdrives!

im2tall

Good thing come to those who wait!

I got the diffs done right ! I used mini T diff outputs! Shave them down to the step up/spacer(In the 2nd pic I turned the gear to the back to show you!),and open the slot with a pointy dremel bit,and voila we have a unlocked MRC diff!! I have a pimped out mini t,and had a full spare transmission! Initially I was gonna put a dual disk slipper in the MRC trans,but it didn't fit,then the lightbulb came on,and I checked the mini t trans,to the MRC tranny mount,and everything lined up,and the MRC trans outputs fit the Mini T's transmission perfectly!So yup,I now have a Mini T transmission with a dual disc slipper!I had to make a small plate to raise it)Lifes Good!! Lower ratio,and durable unlocked diffs!! I've beat on it for a few weeks,and no breakage,or diff shredding!! T-Tank we did it,you can actually full on bash it now! My gearing is 4800kv 17t pinion,and 60t spur!! Yeah it hauls!! Might go up to 20t,but the speed is perfect.

Transmission swap pics:

Last edited:

T_Tank

Awesome stuff man I stumbled apon the mini T metal diff inners aswell though I notched my axle shafts to fit and then hollowed out more the plastic outer section with the gear heated up till it was a silky smooth action.
Its been working great in the front and it might be near bullet proof if I ever get some mlst viscous diffs setup with it.

And yeah the mini T trans is awesome to use for more speed as well!

Will have to try the notching the gears next time for the rear axle and maybe use a thin traxxas fiber washer to keep things smooth but my little truck is such a hand full @[email protected]

im2tall

I actually was gonna do it a similar way to the way you did it,but decided on this last second when I started comparing it to stock,and the vendetta gears then I realized it would have plenty of strength! The MLST diff used to strip by the ring,and pinion,mine are metal so no fears,but the only metal internals are scarce,Ive been on the hunt for them since I figured out how to unlock them properly,but truthfully the plastic outputs aren't even wearing out! I've been bashing,and tumbling,doing donuts on concrete/asphalt,and no slop or stripping,and I have both the front,and rears unlocked for weeks now,with no give! This is what I've been chasing the past couple years! LOL! Im actually motivated to paint it now!!