Im2talls MMT

im2tall

Hey man how has the little monster been doing kinda quiet over here!
It's been good! I was concerned about the diffs not holding up,but they're surprisingly strong, trust me I drive hard cause it's so tiny! I would've had the body painted,but ran out of paint with my GP,oh yeah,I have a 20t pinion on the way,this little sucker moves out on 17t,and the motor doesn't get warm! So I went fromm 14t,to 17t,now to 20t,and I'm still using the 5300kv. I'm using the 360 size motors,not the 380's!

T_Tank

Awesome to hear! I still goof around with at least my tlt but it's almost out of control fast would love to be able to work on the mmt. I'm sure I'll be going through diffs with mine if I can ever get to it... Only spare motor I have is a turnigy trackstar 9.5t 540!

im2tall

Awesome to hear! I still goof around with at least my tlt but it's almost out of control fast would love to be able to work on the mmt. I'm sure I'll be going through diffs with mine if I can ever get to it... Only spare motor I have is a turnigy trackstar 9.5t 540!
Ordered a 6500kv last night, I installed the 20t,and it feels quicker,but it not a big difference, these pinions are small! It does feel nice tho! When I take it out in the road it has alot more to give,you can hear it,and the motor is just barely warm,so I'm bumping the kv up! I'll put a video up as soon as the motor shows up!

im2tall

LittleMonster Update

I have a 2430 7200kv motor that should be here this week,it's gonna be night and day from the 2030 5300kv.The differentials are holding up really well,no damage,and I tumble,and and spin this thing to death! The front unlocked diff mod I did the 1st time is the strong mod,doesn't break or shred,the 2nd mod has a cleaner form factor,but shreds.I have a metal locker out back,the rear would shred the plastic diff insert,I could do the same as the front,but wheel stands are addictive.This little sucker is TOUGH! I'm finally satisfied,now I'm gonna give it an identity

T_Tank

Awesome to hear my poor little monster been on the shelf as I scratch my head over the issues with the upper link plate mount for the axle, I really want to keep the 540 BB a option just gotta get more clever somethings gotta hit me upside the head to give me the right idea!

im2tall

Awesome to hear my poor little monster been on the shelf as I scratch my head over the issues with the upper link plate mount for the axle, I really want to keep the 540 BB a option just gotta get more clever somethings gotta hit me upside the head to give me the right idea!
Darn! I thought the motor would've been here this week,expected delivery is saying 9/7! I was ready for a new video! This gonna be good,I'm over excited.

im2tall

Motor showed up! Tried it out yesterdayWait til you see this,I ordered new foam inserts the same time,they should be here in a couple of days.Its fast!!!!!! I can't full throttle in the house anymore.LOL

im2tall

I have some REALLY good news coming !

I have some slow boat packages coming in T Tank we can hopefully breathe a sigh of relief shortly in regards to the diffs (Figured it out)! I think you'll be happy with this! I just realized I never put a vid up of it running with the 2430 motor,that video with the 2030 motor is nothing!LOL! Im just gonna let this sink in until I get the packages and start tearing it down for pics!LOL! It'll be worth the wait,and we can finally bash the brakes off our mini's! I was just about to lock the front out throw some 1.9's on it and sell it on the crawler site (Guess not!LOL!)

im2tall

I guess I got too ahead of myself!!SMH

Well I started tearing down my axle for my new unlock mod,then all of a sudden my builders check engine light came! Apparently it just doesn't work,and I blew $20 in parts that are shipped out:p(Ouch),but I reassembled everthing back up,and I'm using the old snipped 2mm screw trick from the original,but what I did was add orings in between the dogbone,and the drive cup,which keeps the dogbone from sliding out the planetary output,which was the problem the whole time,the damn thing wouldn't stay in the hole,it kept sliding out.Well now it doesn't slide out!FINALLY a simple fix that works permanently,which turned out to be good news! But wait that's not all I have 2 new toys mini/micro coming:cool:cool:cool:cool! One I'm 50/50 on,mostly purchased for research,but has some very strong potential,and the other is something that has me very anxious:D:D:D.So things worked out but ,I blew $20 trying to finally resolve years of uncertainty:p:p

im2tall

Things turned around! Losi MRC Diff unlocked STRONG!

Well I've been accumulating parts over the years,and have some really good stuff coming that'll take the diff unlock to a new level possibly, Im gonna keep that a secret for now,but in the mean time it's winter,and we need the minis running,without breaking!! So this is what I stumbled upon!
(Traxxas Mini Revo planetary gear set actually fits!) The outputs work perfectly with the Losi diff,just a little slop,but the Duratrax had the same,but weren't hardened like these!The face needs to be ground down using a dremel 1mm or so for a flush fit,and so the planetaries,and output gears mesh properly.Now I need to go take my metal diffs out off my MMT,and install these gears ,now that everything is mocked up,and ready to go!Finally!! I should have some video up within a week of the MMT bashing,and wheelying!Happy bashing!

T_Tank

Hey now don't keep it to much of a secret I keep blowing the front diff in my MMT with the detta gears even with metal reinforcing they keep rounding out!. So with the traxxas diff rebuild is that the front rear or the middle diff.

Also is there some sort of almost as.. wait if its metal I could just ask one of my buddies to weld in the material to the inner side of the gear I could get that D shape no problem! now would it hold to the 4000kv 540 in my truck >.> Also they do have a the stuff to retemper the gears if needed.

Also need to figure out why my losi trans are not remotely as smooth as my merv transmission...

But glad to see your rocking on still with your MMT hoping this holiday season I get enough extra cash to order the second prototype of my chassis to see if the recent changes are better.

im2tall

Coming Soon!

Hey now don't keep it to much of a secret I keep blowing the front diff in my MMT with the detta gears even with metal reinforcing they keep rounding out!. So with the traxxas diff rebuild is that the front rear or the middle diff.

That's the F/R diff outputs the part that rounds out with the duratrax stuff it's the same exact fit except a little wider as you can see from the pic the face/front had to be flattened, they're hardened steel they won't round out! A 540 huh,that's alot of motor,I'm running a 2430 7200kv 20-21t pinion on the MRC trans,and I can barely keep the wheels down without punch control! I'm waiting on another set of gears,and I have new shocks coming also so the vid got postponed til that stuff shows up! I have another diff,that may be a direct drop in with one tiny mod,but Im waiting for the parts to show up for that,then I can test fit everything with the plastic gears I bought for test fitting,then buy them in all steel! I have a little MRC diff lab in here! Man you'll be surprised how many vehicles use the same parts with minor,sometimes no alteration!!

T_Tank

Trust me if it wasn't for adjusting the slipper like crazy on the merv trans the truck would probably backflip a few times and its a sure speed 13.5 in it right now but it just blows out lockers and detta gears with the slipper locked tight o.o.

im2tall

Everything is here

I just need to install both diffs and Im set! I've been busting out these projects back to back!I still gotta post some micro pics,just waiting on spacers,and longer screws!Im gonna give away the GSracing truck ,that thing is trash

T_Tank

All good man let me know how the diff beating goes. I'm kinda bummed that SRS closed up shop now I gotta find another track to test my truck on for jumpability/survivability

im2tall

Diffs installed,

I got motivated and slapped them in finally! So much going on! Everything is whining down now,so I can start posting pics,I should honestly have a vid up by next week,its snowing!SMH! I also have somw new toys,I'll be posting behind this one with their own thread.
(Tip:Make sure to put an Oring in the drive cup (F/R)it keeps it from backing out the diff output)

(Progress)

T_Tank

looking good man so just using mini revo outer diff gears shaved down or using spiders from them aswell to make the diff mostly all metal?