Im2talls MMT

im2tall

Here's my Mini Monster Project !! I cut up some templates real quick to get my C.G and link geometry set,unlocked the diffs,and added Junfac/Gmade 19mm wideners,I even threw in a little bling to make me smile ! This is a Bucket list build,I always wanted a pocket monster :) It's set up to use mini revo bodies ! These are the mockup pics ,final assembly,and more upgrades to come !

Last edited:

im2tall

Unlocking Diffs !

I should've posted this 1st !! The output bevel gear in the diff uses a pin in the MLST,so to make it work in the MRC used Quik steel to mold the shape of the dogbone output !! I hope the picture explains it better !!And for the 4 small bevel gears I used 2mm pins shaved down to 6mm to seat the gears in the diff !!

Last edited:

im2tall

Diffs all set

Got the diffs all set I ended up snipping a 2mm screw into little 3mm sections and press fit them into the bevel gears !! Not only is it strong they're never gonna strip ,the gears will give out before it rounds out ! I beat on it a little this morning and I'm more than satisfied !! I'm gonna have the outdrives drilled by a machine shop locally,I had to outsource because the outdrives are hardened !!

im2tall

Flying season is over,back to my trucks!! I have 4 winter projects going at one time 3 heli's,and the MMT,alot of work to catch up on!

im2tall

It still needs alot of work! It's basically prepped I can drive it as is,but it's slow,I need to get rid of the Crawler motor combo and throw in a brushless,and get the TVP's cut,and add 4 wheel steer ! I'm gonna have the body painted and plates cut professionally! I'm focused on getting'er done. I do really need a video showing off my toys, I need some show off time!

T_Tank

I actually found a guy on ebay selling the mrc minus wheels, electronics, body for 60 bucks so I jumped on that!

won't be making a mt out of my mrc though.. ordered a 3d printed wild whilly chassis that uses the mrc for running gear :D

Out of curiousity how hard is it to unlock the front an rear diffs on the mrc? i've heard they use losi LST/LST2 diffs an looking at the exploded photo of the mrc trans it would look like losi used the mini-T diff with lockers in place. Is that about right?

Also if the top shaft on the mrc is the same as the mini-T grab a traxxas 1/16 mini revo slipper hardware an gears to drop that gear ratio down the drain for more speed! I had to file the bejebus out of the back of the slipper plate to fit onto my mini T but its so much more reliable then the losi options an easier to find parts for!

im2tall

Unlocking the diffs isn't hard at all,but It was a little finicky,but easy once you've done it once,the parts are so dang small.I wanna use the viscous diff option but I have to figure out something sooner or later ,for now just press fitting the tiny screw into the bevel to keep the cvd's from spinning freely works perfect and dont move at all literally,the diff gears would fail and it would still be there,I might just leave it:conf I'm most definetly have to look into that mini revo trans,that sounds like the ticket.The mini lst,and the mrc outdrives on the diffs are different(forgot to answer that question)

T_Tank

Wonder if you can't use some liquid ABS plastic or a dab of "mighty putty" on the outdrive gears so they would hold onto the mrc outdrives.

Here is a picture of my mini-t with mini eRevo slipper clutch installed to give you a little better idea of what I did. This should be in theory possible to do with all the losi mini's if they all have the same diameter'd top shaft as the mini-t.

I did this little mod because I fused my delrin losi slipper when i put the novak 18.5 three 80 motor in it an needed something so much more reliable an easier to find parts for.
btw that mini-t was my first hobby rc, got it when losi first released them!

T_Tank

Hey im2tall just got my roller in the mail an noticed the spacing on the mrc gear box compared to my mini-t gear box... if you can have someone machine some mini-t outdrives that work with the center drives you would definately have a faster ratio gear box an a the newer mini-t based platforms have a metal gear diff.

also stock tlt-1 tires on this lol

Also found if you want a easier fit with the mini e revo slipper use I beleave a mini slider top shaft you will need a spacer inside the gear box (which is slightly narrower then a extra top shaft bearing) on the side of the top shaft that faces the slipper "inside the gearbox mind you" without needing to grind it down the slipper plate.

hope this helps give you some more ideas for your build!

edit---
Just realized I got my mini's mixed up an you want the topshaft from the mini sprint! LOSB1833 it has a longer finished area for the traxxas slipper bearing to center in on!

Last edited:

im2tall

A Tiny Sneak Peek !!

I figured out a couple of things about this truck while it collected dust!
1) How to properly unlock te diffs.:cool
2) What wideners have the same hex pin as the MRC:emot26:

Now I'm just waiting for my deliveries!;) This thing is gonna be cooooool:cool

Here's a sample,I have CVD's in the truck now,but you get the idea;)