Finally starting my build

Discussion in 'Axial Racing RC Monster Truck Forum' started by goodolecowboy, Dec 28, 2018.

Help Support RCMT Network by donating:

1. Dec 28, 2018 #1

goodolecowboy

goodolecowboy

goodolecowboy

Hey all, I finally pulled the trigger on an SMT10. Decided to build it in an effort to go racing. I'm standing by on racing for now. Just slowly doing the build and enjoying it. Hope you all enjoy the build with me and also and input from y'all will be greatly appreciated.

This build is done with the memory of one of my best friends in mind. We talked about doing a couple mondter truck builds and racing. He owned Krazy Kevin's Hobbies but unfortunately was taken too soon. With our putting off we never built our trucks, so this is for him as well. Hope he is proud.

Cheers.

2. Dec 28, 2018 #2

goodolecowboy

goodolecowboy

goodolecowboy

3. Dec 28, 2018 #3

goodolecowboy

goodolecowboy

goodolecowboy

IMG_20181224_191346.jpg IMG_20181224_191346.jpg So, I started with JConcepts Firestorms and Tribute wheels. Also, I had some hand-me-down boom racing aluminum. I've never used boom racing amytanyt before and see some mixed stuff about them. However, I installed the drag link, steering knuckles, C-Hubs and rear lockouts. I figure if it breaks I can throw stock plastic back on and the upgrade to STRC, Hot Racing or Vanquish. I've got a bad ass Max Amps 2 cell powering the bad doggy.

I'm debating on a new motor speed control combo. Not sure on how crazy I'd like to go, also gearing is a worry of mine. I've been readore a lot of what yally have here. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, what are the feelings on hardened transmission gears? I see a few manufacturers out there making gears. IMG_20181223_165519.jpg

The proline body was just hanging around so I figired I'd chop it up and use it to leave my Grave Digger body Pristine! I left the front lights clear so if I found some LEDs they'll shine through green. Keeping some styling cues from Grave Digger!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  4. Dec 28, 2018 #4

neruda

neruda

neruda

Looks good!! I had Boomracing aluminium drag link and after few test drive it was bent quite badly. Now I have Incision version and it works great.

5. Dec 29, 2018 #5

goodolecowboy

goodolecowboy

goodolecowboy

Haha, I was worried of that. It's not half bad looking however, it just doesn't seem very sturdy. The incision version is on my list however, it seems to be sold out everywhere.

6. Feb 3, 2019 #6

goodolecowboy

goodolecowboy

goodolecowboy

So, quick update. Got a SoCal Monster Truck JZI chassis. Comes with custom links, sway bar links and steering links. They guys are great! Wealth of knowledge. Also, picked up some Pro-Line shocks.

Attached Files: