Dirtychevys Project

Discussion in 'Tube RC Monster Trucks' started by Dirtychevy45, Sep 16, 2015.

Help Support RCMT Network by donating:

1. Sep 16, 2015 #1

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

well i picked up a body today to start my new project. heres a list of things i have been thinking of using/going to use

Boyer tube chassis
    King Shocks
    Clod wheels and Tires (for now)
    Castle Motor and ESC
    Freestyle Rc Trans
    Axles are a Toss up (Diggers, Blackwells, Vanquish Curries)

Deciding on Axles has givin me such a headache....

Diggers- there scale looking like the way there servo mounts behind the axle, they are just so wide!! may have to modify offset on rims to bring them back inward a bit if possible. or find a company to make some i guess.

Blackwells- locked diffs and they are narrow just a bit wider than the body and with clod tires think would "fit" right... but steering is going to be a nightmare seeing how they were designed with on chassis servo steering

Curries- not really "scale" looking for a MT IMO. but there are alot of parts available for them and can lock and unloock the diff for running.

i plan on building more of a race clod later on with a different chassis but right now i'm torn between these ooptions.....

ugh

Figuring the 80's chevy body or if wheelbase is to short using a Crew cab Chevy body.

not sure on reciever yet or steering servo

not sure on battery yet i'm assumin lipo and maybe 2s 5000mah?

links ill make myself and get the rod ends accordingly

excited to be getting back into the R/C world missed it let me know if anyone has feedback or suggestions.

Mike

2. Sep 16, 2015 #2

theblazer24

theblazer24

theblazer24

Well unless you have a Boyer Chassis on order it can take a (VERY) long time before you can get it, I think Tom waited a year for his.

3. Sep 16, 2015 #3

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

Already been in contact with him. And going to start going over the details with him in a few weeks. Trying to iron out the details that I'm assuming he's going to need.

4. Sep 21, 2015 #4

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

decided on the Digger axles. wish there was an easy way to post pics up here without using a hosting site.... going to get the axles coming within the next week or so. going to get my trans coming the end of this week. gettin excited!

Mike

5. Sep 24, 2015 #5

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

6. Sep 25, 2015 #6

DarkSammy

DarkSammy

DarkSammy

That body does look nice & wide so it should suit the digger axles well. What details have you worked out with John on the chassis?

7. Sep 25, 2015 #7

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

still have a week or two yet before hes ready.. hes a busy man and i'm being patient i wouldn't want him rushing through mine and don't expect him to rush through someone elses. but am anticipating it!

8. Sep 25, 2015 #8

jdmerrill1240

jdmerrill1240

jdmerrill1240

I think you will find the couple weeks will turn into more like a couple months, I had been talk with him about sending him my stuff to start my chassis back in April and he messaged me about 2 weeks ago and said he was ready. This will be my second chassis from John and he is absolutely amazing so I completely understand why it takes so long, trust me you will be 100% pleased with your chassis whenever you get it!

9. Sep 25, 2015 #9

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

ALAS! you may be able to help, what does he need to get one started so i know what parts to buy first... this will help me TREMENDOUSLY. and just by the work ive seen i know it takes time to create such a nice piece of work. when it comes to fabrication, i'm not average joe ive built my share of 1:1 trucks, just setting up and parts to use on these i'm kinda lost. but ive always wanted one of his, after i get one i may try my hand at a scaler of some sort.

i'm excited for this build and i'm fine with it being slow as i don't have expendable income lol

Mike

10. Sep 25, 2015 #10

jdmerrill1240

jdmerrill1240

jdmerrill1240

You will need the body/theme or style of chassis you are wanting and the axles & transmission you are going to be using.

Mine build is based off a 1:1 Monster Truck so I sent him some pictures of the truck I wanted to replicate along with the parts

11. Sep 25, 2015 #11

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

so i will need to send him,

Body
    Axles
    Trans

with some pictures of a truck i would like to replicate? i'm just wanting a tube chassis MT that i can do some scale stuff too. which chassis are you working with? ill have to do some looking around at pics and see what i like.

Mike

12. Sep 30, 2015 #12

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

got my trans in on monday, and lets just say its a piece of artwork thats really going to compliment this build, body should be here tomorrow. then just need to round up the axles.

as far as electronics what do you think is a good combo for it?

13. Oct 28, 2015 #13

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

gmade shocks should be here soon, also got a new body waiting on it to get here before everything gets sent off and settled on a chassis design i like.

Mike

14. Oct 28, 2015 #14

Buford

Buford

Buford

What the best way to get in touch with boyer I'm want him to build a chassis

15. Oct 28, 2015 #15

Buford

Buford

Buford

Thanks for the info JD. Looking forward to seeing your build come together dirtychevy

16. Oct 29, 2015 #16

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

theres a waiting list for sure. hes worth it though. and thanks me too.

17. Nov 3, 2015 #17

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

got the shocks in and got them assembled.... very impressed with the function of them pretty cool. gonna try them out and see how they do. also got the body in and need to trim it up. then off it all goes to John to start on the Chassis. excited to get it started!

18. Nov 6, 2015 #18

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

Everythings boxed up and on it's way to John! will be getting parts while waiting. not sure on ESC or motor yet all these new combos idk whats the best for an MT.... same thing with receiver. know what tires and rims i'm going to get first and have to wait for axles to come out.

19. Nov 11, 2015 #19

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

just looking into parts for this build and was curious what you guys thought a good motor and esc would be.... i'm leaning towards castle but not sure which of there products would go good with this setup.... input?

20. Nov 19, 2015 #20

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

Dirtychevy45

just got some new TAHrs in the mail today.... next i'm thinking some rims from a member on here and the possibly look into electronics! as soon as i get a photobucket account ill post up some pics.