Cross R/C scale truck, the HC4 military type pickpup

william g

Retired
Cross R/C quality is right up there fit and fiinish is top notch. High detail, lots and lots of parts both to glue and screw together.

Started this AM after receiving it last night. Light sanding on 1 panel end to fit for the bed that's it so far.

2 speed transmission and 45 turn motor

what it could be

Attachments

joe

ɹoʇɐɹʇsıuıɯpɐ
Site Administrator
Super Moderator
Ohh. I'm liking the looks of this!

william g

Retired
Fenders, supports, struts, and cross braces are glued on the bed. Toolbox battery holder is next.

th67ss

So you gotta build the body like a plastic model?

I may have to look at one of these myself!

william g

Retired
So you gotta build the body like a plastic model?

I may have to look at one of these myself!
Yes on some of the Cross RC kits you do, I think the lower budget pickup, the small one is just lexan. But the bigger trucks and military style kits the bodies are more complicated like a scale model. This site has some more info https://greensmodels.co.uk/ also they can be found on amazon and ebay

william g

Retired
First coat of paint of the 2 large body sections.
The bed really took a lot of paint to get it this solid, it was as if it was just soaking in.

Attachments

soilwork

Nice build Will! The more and more I look at the Cross RC kits...the more and more I want one!

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

william g

Retired
Steve they are a true ''builders kit'', you really need to have some modeling skill other than just screw/bolting parts together. Real joy to have. Tim Rapko has it now, see his thread in here, he painted it silver.

87lc2

Building the Cross kits is very enjoyable, my father has a few of the 6x6 trucks they make. Here's a picture of one with one of my Hummers, we run them in the woods quite often. The Cross is great to have around for towing my Hummer out of deep mud.

IMG_4107.jpg

IMG_4108.jpg

87lc2

Will do William. Next time we go out I'll get some more pictures. I'm thinking about getting one of the Cross trucks soon, just can't decide between the 4x4 or 6x6.