Closing RCMT

Discussion in 'Announcements and Support' started by Admin, Jul 26, 2019.

Help Support RCMT Network by donating:

1. Aug 1, 2019 #41

JohnPaulMartin

JohnPaulMartin

JohnPaulMartin

Listen I know you guys, the majority at least, hate Facebook. But we have the group Custom RC Monster Trucks. With close to 11k members all there to help each other, share information and ideas, from the novice to the master. No drama, just a great group. I know a few of you are members already, I encourage you to bring your experience, expertise, and enthusiasm. We'd love to have you all. We're hoping for a place to grow and encourage all rc Monster Trucks! I'm the admin and creator of this group. Very proud of it.

2. Aug 1, 2019 #42

Syncro

Syncro

Syncro

Forums seem to have been somewhat overshadowed by Facebook which is a real shame.
    It’s just not the same. Facebook is useless for referring back to topics

kjc472 likes this.
  3. Aug 1, 2019 #43

Blackbeard

Blackbeard

Blackbeard

Site Administrator Staff Member Site Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Hi all -

We aren't closing - but any additional help in welcoming folks, along with creating some new content is welcome!

4. Aug 2, 2019 #44

Paul4x4

Paul4x4

Paul4x4

Like everyone else, I haven't posted much lately. Only some pics of my latest build a couple months back. But I have the site open on my browser tab 24/7 and I come here often to see if there's something new, but yeah, it's been really quiet and that makes me sad every time...:(

And I encourage all of you on the FB group to start sharing your stuff also on this forum. I'm also not a fan of social media, but Facebook and forums like this can and should co-exist. We don't need to choose just one platform to share the knowledge, show our builds and have fun. Many younger guys who have grown up using FB don't even know that there's forums like this, so I would try to get them on board to help keep forums alive.

This thread shows that there still are many guys out there that care about RCMT enough to log in even after many years and drop a comment on this subject, so there's still hope for the site to blossom one day. But that is up to us, the RC Monster Truck enthusiast to keep posting and commenting here!!!

There's a lot of awesome builds here, so instead of saying everyone bye bye, go read those topics and drop there a few lines too. Maybe by doing that you get that little spark to charge a battery pack and take a Monster Truck out for a bash. Maybe you get a spark to continue one of your old builds and sharing the progress here...

We can make this place what it once was and even better. It's completely up to us all!:cool:

TXT-2.0 and Blackbeard like this.
  5. Aug 5, 2019 #45

Orange Pedeanaut

Orange Pedeanaut

Orange Pedeanaut

Hamster Power Racing RC

RCMT Originals is on Facebook. I started that a while back when the board started being taken over by paid bots. Check it out, lots of original members on there.

6. Aug 5, 2019 #46

Blackbeard

Blackbeard

Blackbeard

Again, I understand the last few years has been chaotic. The site isn't going anywhere.

Paul4x4 likes this.
  7. Aug 5, 2019 #47

mwitkowski

mwitkowski

mwitkowski

I am glad that the site will stay. I love going thru the old builds. I think as a member i can do the most help by trying to visit the site more and post some builds. I would like to thank the staff and members for all they do.

Blackbeard and Paul4x4 like this.
  8. Aug 7, 2019 #48

DEVASTATOR

DEVASTATOR

DEVASTATOR

Defiance Racing

Hello all. Another guilty member here. I have been out of r/c for some time. Still have everything but it just sits. Like so many have posted here already, life took me away from the hobby as well. R/C runs a course with almost everybody I believe and like everyone else, we veteran guys all arrived on the scene at about the same time with regard to RCMT and message boards in general.

Personally, I feel the younger generation is focused more on electronic gadgetry like gaming consoles and smart phones thus keeping them away from hobbies like R/C. As far as online media goes, sites like FB killed message boards. I don't have FB but I know most do. It's a shift, I get it and it hurts to see a place like RCMT struggle but that's how it goes in today's online world. Change is always occurring whether we want it to or not.

I do miss the days of posting relentlessly on RCMT about anything and everything R/C monster truck related from new builds to all the racing events people were going to or just returning from. There were absolutely engaging discussions on the technical end of things and downright hilarious conversations about whatever people might throw out to talk about.

If the ownership keeps the site going, I am happy to see that be the case. You never know when a surge back to the hobby discussion boards will occur but if it can happen then RCMT should be here for that day if it's feasible to do so.

Blackbeard likes this.
  9. Aug 8, 2019 #49

Supreme Reign

Supreme Reign

Supreme Reign

I've been here since 1999 when we had a section for Gas Monkey Jr. and how to build a 4x4 Stampede. Facebookers will never know the thrill and joy of the USA-1 vs Clod flame wars. Those were amazing times. I just wish I had bought every Ballistic Stupidity TXT-1 part made when I had the chance. Ahhhh, regret.

10. Aug 9, 2019 #50

akura2

akura2

akura2

I'd hate to see the site go away... I've been heavily into MTs for the past two years now that the parts are available really make proper scale trucks (but I've been a member for MANY YEARS... 10 to be exact)... unfortunately sometimes stuff like this happens... I come on here to look at old photos and get ideas, but 90% of the time the photos are gone after a short period of time, so for my purpose other than posting my new trucks... it doesn't work... if this site had a better way of archiving photos, then I'd say keep it, but...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  11. Aug 10, 2019 #51

Blackbeard

Blackbeard

Blackbeard

We are working on saving all photos, and recapturing the ones that appear to be "lost" . We have an archive of all the photos.

12. Aug 11, 2019 #52

ChisaiKuso

ChisaiKuso

ChisaiKuso

This is excellent news! :cool:

Blackbeard likes this.