Closing RCMT

Stormin2u

Times are tough for a lot of forums because of FB and You Tube. Yet try to recover information on FB, it's almost useless. The value in forums is and will always be in their library of stored information and its regular membership. When a Form dissolves so does any stored information. When the business climate cools struggling companies merge to renew cenergy and creating savings. The most important thing IMO is in saving the collective knowledge if all else fails. Sorry to hear of the current situation.

Podunkjr

I've been around RCMT since the early ICMAX days. I haven't been active in many years and life has shifted a lot for me and I only get the truck's out occasionally. For sentimental reasons, I hate to see the board go, but I also understand the financial burden keeping it up implies and you need to do what's best for you. I've always been a fan of message boards and forums and hate social media for information purposes, but I also haven't even signed onto here in too many years. Make the choice that's best for you and your situation. I hate to see it go as it was the star attraction of my youth. Best wishes.

Steve

Last edited:

etzaras

I used to be on this site all the time when I 1st got into the hobby. helped me tremendously. I posted something a few months ago and was surprised how little activity was going on. Too bad.

rccrawler1

havent been on for sometime...have been doing real life stuff...raising kids working etc....hate to see it go but do what you must glad to have been a part of rcmt

nosyajg

it's sad to see this site close. but financially for the owner of the site, it makes no sense to keep it running if it cant generate enough revenue to support it. i had a great time here, and i'm glad to have been a part of it. lots of valuable information shared, and lots of friends made.

i3igal

Would hate to see it go... But I have failed at several attempts to get back on here and into the hobby. Now getting divorced and selling off things to get ready to move so most the trucks are going. Great memories here from waaaay back.

My first build straight from the knowledge shared here. Circa 1999
action991.jpg

TXT-2.0

Mod Wrapper
Yup I'm guilty for not being on as well ....with my kids in so many sports the last few years and my job has changed there is just no time for the hobby anymore. I will miss coming on an lurking around to see what guys are building now . And agree FB is junk for this type of information things get lost so fast ! I appreciate the guys I meet and talked to over the years and learned so much from them ...even without pics it will suck to see this info disappear . If this is the end it was a great run .....see ya around

Nutz4rc

Been on here for years. Back when it was on the other style of forum what killed it for me was they were making moderators out of punk kids who did not know much about RC and had bad attitudes. One threatened to and I think even did put a ban on me for a short bit because I said (not RC related) you could put a turbo on a two stroke gas engine. He said no and banned me to show his "power" The kid was a total ass hat. It was not the only time he pursued me to be a jerk. Face to face I would have "mansplained" it to him. Kinda turned me off to coming here sadly. This site used to be THE SITE.

Turbosig

Do what's best for you. Thanks for the quality site. I'm a relatively new member, but been into RC since the early 90's. Just started getting back into it for my kids...hate to see the site go, but it is what it is. Take care all!

RC4x4

Hey there. Hate to see the site go. I remember being on here everyday and posting. Things change, but I guess it's not for the younger crowd as it once was for us 10-15 years ago.

Cory

Orange Pedeanaut

Hamster Power Racing RC
Maybe if you hadn't ruined the site by letting some company come in and take over, deleting posts and changing things no one wanted changed then everyone wouldn't have left. I resigned as admin due to not being listened to after being on here for almost 20 years as a mod and admin. Then having my account shut off by them, etc. If I had the money I would have gotten the site from Will years ago and it would still be going just fine.

ScaleManiac

An end of an era I suppose... been on RCMT since the EZBoard days... “Ihaveabruiser” unfortunately with all the board moves over the years and the changing in administrations I don’t think it’s been what it once was...

I’ll be sad to see it go as this was very first forum I ever joined, this and RC Jim’s place were the places to be way back when. Times have changed but I made life long friends because of RCMT.

oxide80

Sad to see it go, but like others I dont log in often, usually just to what's new or if I have a question I need to find an answer too....

Candyman

Hi, Candyman here, some of you will know me, I used to be active on here years ago, then things changed and people left. Nowadays its all about facebook groups, not helpful for looking up stuff, not good for doing a build and adding to it bit by bit. Stuff on facebook seems to be lost after a week, I think forums have there place but the last build I did on here I dont think anyone even noticed :)

WoodiE

Unfortunately RCMT has reached the point where it costs more money to host it then it brings in. So just wanted to get some feedback and chat about the future of RCMT. Has it run it's course or what shall we do with it.
I've sent you a PM, hope to hear back soon.

Joedodge1

Hi, Candyman here, some of you will know me, I used to be active on here years ago, then things changed and people left. Nowadays its all about facebook groups, not helpful for looking up stuff, not good for doing a build and adding to it bit by bit. Stuff on facebook seems to be lost after a week, I think forums have there place but the last build I did on here I dont think anyone even noticed :)
Candyman, If your last build was the one from 2017 that looks amazing!! (As the saying goes: Better late then never!) That's one of the things about this hobby I loved and still do.. People have great imaginations and I love seeing what they can do... I also don't see the really interesting paint jobs I used to.. Seems a lot of guys are going with copies of real MT's instead of their imagination.. Still love this hobby though..

LAV25

To be completely honest, I had to look to see that I'd actually made a membership here. It seems I joined in January of 2007, and my last post was in April of that same year. I still follow a few RC groups on Facebook, but I'm not really a member here and never was. I wish you the best in your endeavours, but well...