Budhatrain's Boyer Chassis Bigfoot

KingClod27

Wow absolutely stunning!!! im jealous now i knew it would look nice but Dannnnnnnnnnggg! this is gonna be a fun truck to watch boyer did a great job but your ideas really came out great....i like the shocks too..thought about using them too...

Budhatrain

those are not my shocks but his... I spent tonight just drooling and mounted my axles. I have no idea what shocks to use... I tried searching for wade's trucks to get ideas but no dice with the old gallery gone.

this IS going to be fun... tonight I just looked at it from all angles trying to figure out how to mount the batteries, motor, fake motor, cockpit, fuel cell, ect....

Lots of fun!

ZRP_Racing

I am ZRP
those are not my shocks but his... I spent tonight just drooling and mounted my axles. I have no idea what shocks to use... I tried searching for wade's trucks to get ideas but no dice with the old gallery gone.

this IS going to be fun... tonight I just looked at it from all angles trying to figure out how to mount the batteries, motor, fake motor, cockpit, fuel cell, ect....

Lots of fun!
I think Wade used HR dual spring shocks.

Budhatrain

almost ready to update. Been working on it here and there. This weekend I have time and will post.

Worked on the swaybar setup... mounted my own tire and shocks.... worked on the drivetrain a little.

My goal is to have a roller under power soon.

Budhatrain

Here's some pics of where I am currently at. Obviously when I first received the chassis I needed to bring it to roller form with my gear. The sway bar system had not totally been worked out at this point. Mr. Boyer had fab'd a cool axle servo mount but would require a very complicated swaybar setup- at least on the one corner of the axle where the servo would sit. So to keep it simple I am going to use an older servo mount and place infront of the upper link mounts.

Also I had purchased the MIP driveshafts for the older twin force setups but with this wheelbase I needed to be creative (it's much longer similar to the new Mad Force)- I wasn't interested in purchasing $80-90 rc4wd punisher shafts. In order to do this... I simply removed the stock main output shaft from the lower part of the transmission... I found an 8mm bolt with a 3" sleeve and modified it to fit this system (actually I found a 2 3/4 in one but if I had to do all over I would go with 3"). Knocked off the threads and head- shaved down some areas for the set screws and drilled a hole. This extended the output shaft and I am able to use the MIP driveshafts.

stock shaft on bottom- modified bolt on top.

I like how level everything is sitting. I don't know what to think of the HR shocks... I might add some oil. But right now everything is looking boss

Budhatrain

so it's a roller and I like how everything is sitting. Up next I want to put some electronics in it and see how it goes under power. Then comes the fun stuff... got some things lined up already- aluminum plate, motor, seats and dash kit...

Budhatrain

^ haha for $400 I have to think about that... at least wait to see if these become damaged! There are so many things I want to do for that magic number of $350-500- these cases are probably not on the top of the list for now.

Even though this beast weighs a ton! Ughh

On a side note... Boyer says that he does these is such a way that you can always throw a set of Clod axles under them. My next frame build is for MF axles so once I get that one here I want to see how close they are too.

TXT-2.0

Mod Wrapper
looks awesome ! the upper links look a bit high to me though but that is being picky lol.... i love it though ! i so would like to get one of his frames someday

Budhatrain

yeah it's give and take... I would like the upper links a little lower but depending on what motor I run I might now have that option to lower them

Budhatrain

I had traded this motor with JKracing37. I had a muscle machine motor that looked better in his tuber- this Hemi one didn't physically fit his. I wanted something just a tad more meat on it... so we traded and it worked out real good for both of us. Actually I think he just sold his tuber! For me I didn't even think that this is going to be a ford shell with a hemi motor but I am not too worried about that. He did a great job painting it.

Thanks for all the comments guys! Working on putting electronics in. Been busy a lot outside of the house so I hadn't been to the garage much.

Budhatrain

And now a word from our sponsors.... welcome back!

So I tried to stuff a mamba monster in there and it's just not going to work. I had to fabricate a new transmission mount- drop it lower and then things started getting complicated. The links still hit the motor and my new driveshafts were still falling a little short or rubbing against the transmission. So off it went and I picked up a smaller motor and esc.... but somehow I lost a critical package I just bought (couple things from robinson racing) and couldn't move forward with the powerplant.

I decided to work on the interior a little. First I tackled making a floor board for the driver seat! Pretty easy to do, a friend of mine gave me a bunch of this thin stainless steal and I can literally use a razor blade to score the metal and bend/fold snap off. Use the dremel to clean up the edges and vaaala

Next up was mounting the seat and I wanted to make it look like the seats are air-rides. So I had some type of hard plastic tubing sitting around that I fit together and tried to make them look like big air bags.

Then I took on the dash a little. Tried to make it look good, added some trim pieces from team3. This looked amazingly good and I am pretty happy at this point.

So this is how it looks under the lid!

Up next: Mount the steering wheel, motor + motor mounts and then fuel cell. Should only take me another 3 months!!! haha

Budhatrain

I can't believe I am going to say this but I actually have more updates. I really like Monday's, it seems I get so much done on them- great consistent day off. Went to the zoo with the family, worked around the house and then out to the garage. Motivated to continue to move forward with this project.

So I mounted a shift lever on the dash and mounted the steering wheel. Didn't even know I had one laying around- it's from an axial trim package and looked to fit.

Beyond that was mounting the motor. It's only mocked up at the moment going to wait until I get all the electronics in before I seal it up completely and make it look solid. It's in there! Used some old clodbuster axle braces to look like engine mounts- worked pretty nice.

Last but not least (I was on a roll), I worked on the fuel cell. Simple really, just made a styrene box and then made some thin aluminum strips to look like bands. Still need to work on the fill cap, but that will be next time.

KingClod27

Mike this truck looks absolutely amazing...the motor looks good in there and all the detail looks great so far. I cant wait to see wat else you have in store for this truck..