Bouncy Update!!

Discussion in 'Tamiya RC Monster Truck Forum' started by Cowboyclod, Sep 1, 2019.

Help Support RCMT Network by donating:

1. Sep 1, 2019 #1

Cowboyclod

Cowboyclod

Cowboyclod

Its official Bouncy now has a tilt forward hood thanks to JB Scale Graphics for their help

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  2. Sep 1, 2019 #2

Cowboyclod

Cowboyclod

Cowboyclod

[​IMG]

Trailer has be retro fitted with a beaver tail and hinged fold flip over ramps including scale chain and shackles. I will be making a goose neck onto the front end of the trailer and perhaps someday I'll get a black rc dully truck built to match. At some point I will be either making better tie downs or buy a set for the tires it was in my mind to install a nice floating shelf to sit this baby on so everybody can see[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    Paul4x4 likes this.
  3. Sep 1, 2019 #3

Paul4x4

Paul4x4

Paul4x4

Nice to see this one again. One of my all time favorite Clod builds! Looks awesome on the trailer with the transport tires. I would love to build a trailer like that someday. :cool:

4. Sep 4, 2019 #4

ChisaiKuso

ChisaiKuso

ChisaiKuso

I dig the forward tilt hood. :cool:

5. Sep 19, 2019 #5

Cowboyclod

Cowboyclod

Cowboyclod

Thanks Bouncy has been updated with a HobbyWing 860 ESC The teu103BK was giving off a strong odour even with the engine sound box disconnected.

6. Oct 4, 2019 #6

Blackbeard

Blackbeard

Blackbeard

Site Administrator Staff Member Site Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

That looks awesome. How long did it take to get it to it's current glory?

7. Oct 5, 2019 #7

Cowboyclod

Cowboyclod

Cowboyclod

Lets just say..It took me many years to tweak out all the details correctly so its dead on like the real deal that was finally fully restored in August 2018 and then went down to the Hall Of Fame In Auburn Indiana for the winter and then came back up here late last Spring 1980's grainy pictures of Bouncy made it very difficult to find the all correct details but that all changed last year when Mike Harrison provided clear pictures of the restoration progress in work of which I saved all to my PC and used them as a tool to find all the details. Thanks to Mike Krieger for suggesting me to use a hobby saw to cut the hood, I took my sweet time cutting the hood four and half hours of cutting being that this is my baby. It was so hard to over come my fear when it came to cutting the hood that's why I did allot research finding the proper safe method because once you start cutting theirs no turning back being said that everything had to be done perfectly with the right tools. Using dental floss to cut the hood just would not do it for me

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Blackbeard likes this.