BigFoot18GP

Cowboyclod

Well-Known Member
You guys probably remember me from last year. Well I finally gone to brushless Toro leopard with this Ground Pounder with many other upgrades including Paul4x4 seat with many other scale parts.





 

Cowboyclod

Well-Known Member
Thanks guys.

There will be some tweaks done on a later time starting with yellow limiter straps with shackles. I seen Reggie idea of using shackles and thought that was a wonderful idea. I will also see about fabricating something up to prevent any chance of the wheelie bar from rotating up. I did a sneaky trick of applying blue thread lock along the seams between the bar and the chassis but I'm still concern. So I will try to make some kind of anti-rotation bracket for both sides.
 

OldSchoolDude

Well-Known Member
Cool Bigfoot you got there. You might be able drill a hole next to the existing one for a second screw in your wheelie bar. That would keep it from rotating.
 

Cowboyclod

Well-Known Member
Cool Bigfoot you got there. You might be able drill a hole next to the existing one for a second screw in your wheelie bar. That would keep it from rotating.
Yep that's already been thought off I just don't like using the Dremel. And not enough copper metal there to drill through. I'm thinking a brace that will come down from the black bolt that's holding the body support brace to the second existing hole on the wheelie bar that is not being used. I would of bought CPE Wheelie bar but that would prove useless because the body would flop or sit right over it and I dare not take that clear tailgate section off. This picture may give you idea of what I'm getting at .


 

DiggerXX

Well-Known Member
Wow that's setup awesome! I'd like to do the same detailed setup on my WK chassis, but it looks like the GP has so much more room!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
 

Cowboyclod

Well-Known Member
Wow that's setup awesome! I'd like to do the same detailed setup on my WK chassis, but it looks like the GP has so much more room!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yeah I started on this a year ago switching over to brushless because the stock 540 motor attempted to catch on fire three times on me. I also went to Traxxas Stablemax tires for a while and decided that was not good enough because it was top heavy and unstable. Those tires are very aggressive and grab onto asphalt causing the GP to roll over. Once Brett brought out those Clod hub adaptors I just had to have them.
 

Cowboyclod

Well-Known Member
Spent up to five hours or more yesterday in tweaking the interior. I removed the scale battery inverter and nitrous bottle and then moved the seat back a tad. Next job was to make seat belt racing straps for Han Solo and blacken them out with Sharpie. After that was done I went on the next step in making the steering column longer after it was cut earlier last year. The one thing I like the most is the seat belts and the fact that I got Han Solo holding the steering wheel. Of course I really like Paul4x4 ISP racing seat, that's a awesome piece.









Next step was to cut out some lexan and zip tie it to the top and then applied Velcro so the body holds on much stronger.
 

Cowboyclod

Well-Known Member
Not sure if you can see but I managed to come up with the idea of using two springs on both sides to help counter act the rotation of the wheely bar. Just hope that this will help. I have no plans in doing wheelies with this body on but the wheely bar is there just in case. I`ve been thinking the Wheely King wheely bar might be better with shock spacers or fabricate my own spacers with brake line tubing.





Someday I will put better shocks on.
 
Last edited:

Cowboyclod

Well-Known Member
Caught this today!!!

I caught this today after I noticed the GP coming to a stiff stop on the pavement. Earlier before then I herd like a real fast grind sound on the lawn when the front end torque twist. I even herd the same sound on the pavement earlier last week and thought it was the battery cups scraping the pavement. This is what I found.....



It was time to bring out the blue thread lock for this back drive. Then I went at the front drive.

The weird part was when I push the truck forward earlier before the front drive seem to be stiff or tight and the back drive had no issues.

The drives are okay now but I don't know what will happen when I get back out there.
 

northerngames

Well-Known Member
I dont know whats going on with that shaft but assume it is stock.

throw some revo/maxx shafts on there and your good to go.
 

Cowboyclod

Well-Known Member
I dont know whats going on with that shaft but assume it is stock.

throw some revo/maxx shafts on there and your good to go.
Thanks for the tip;) But yeah those are metal drive shafts. You would think they would have reverse threads on those so they don't do that.
 

Spidubic

Well-Known Member
I know when I got mine I read somewhere to blue loctite those parts or they spin loose. Reverse threads you would think would have been a simpler fix.
 

Cowboyclod

Well-Known Member
We shall wait and see what will pop out of the rabbit hat tomorrow. I certainly don't want anything happen if I'm 3 to 25 miles away from home without all the proper tools. The allen set screws are thread lock but never new that these had threads. I got the set from that very nice awesome man Gavyn.:)
 

northerngames

Well-Known Member
it is the first threaded drive shaft I have seen anywhere and not just on rc's to be honost so I just assumed be gone with that :p
 
Top