Bearfoot Racer Grund Chassis Build

Discussion in 'Tube RC Monster Trucks' started by soulja55, Nov 3, 2014.

Help Support RCMT Network by donating:

1. Nov 3, 2014 #1

soulja55

soulja55

soulja55

i wanted to capture one of my favorite trucks like no one else has.......so i started with a Grund new Chassis that i bought from a friend of mine. I had a lot of parts that would work that i forgot i had...lol...so i ordered some goodies from Crawford Performance and started the build

the chassis was almost complete. it has Jugg axles, Emaxx 3906 trans, High lift leafs, Grund Plates. i needed wheel hexes and got those from Brett. I already had hubs and forgot i had them....smh

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i actually found some white wheels off ebay....so i took the RC4WD Twisters......mounted them on these wheels, and cut the knobs off with a straight razor. I think they look really nice....but still need to be shaven.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i began to test fit the body to see if the wheelbase would be right.....and i think it lines up just the way i wanted. i had to trim the body monts on the chassis to make the body sit as low as possible. i last is the lowest i could go without take actualy parts of the body away and that would just kill the look i wanted.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so far so good.....im very happy with the progress so far. it's gonna look great finished.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also have a Novak Super Rooster to go with the Titans...and CPE servos i'm gonna add to the front and rear.

2. Nov 3, 2014 #2

soulja55

soulja55

soulja55

i think we are coming along.......
    [​IMG]

3. Nov 8, 2014 #3

BearFootfan

BearFootfan

BearFootfan

I love it!

4. Nov 9, 2014 #4

rocpede4x4

rocpede4x4

rocpede4x4

Looks awsome. Who makes the chassis and where could I get one. I have a spare set of axles and Ford F-350 highlift body to use.

Sent From My 2500 HD Tapatalk 2

5. Nov 9, 2014 #5

jdmerrill1240

jdmerrill1240

jdmerrill1240

It's a Jamie4x4 Retro chassis. If your talking about trying to use the Jugg F-350 body it wont match the wheelbase without some modifications. Here is a really nice build thread that Spencer did with one and I'll have to look and see if I still have the pictures I took for him of this chassis with the Tamiya F-350 on it so you can see what I'm talkinhg about.

http://www.rcmt.net/forums/showthread.php?244943-Retro-Jamie-chassis-build

6. Nov 9, 2014 #6

rocpede4x4

rocpede4x4

rocpede4x4

Thank you for the link. I posted in that thread. I can't believe I missed it. If you fined the pics, please post them.

Sent From My 2500 HD Tapatalk 2