1/24 Dodge Rammunition

Tomi_A

Time for a new build while all the others are still unfinished!

This time in the spirit of RCWizzards micro MT's I'm going to make a 1/24 scale Dodge Rammunition. I bought the Linbergs scale model kit as a starting point. I will be using the body, tires and some small bits from the kit. I used the chassis as a reference and started modeling it with Autocad. Chassis, trasfer case, wheels and everyhing is or will be 3D-printed.

Some key points
-Lindbergs Rammunition kit as a base
-Much 3d-printed parts, chassis, wheels etc
-1/18 Yota II axles
-M-Radon Brushless Mini-z ESC
-Brushless Mini-z motor
-Self made shocks

Heres a dump of pics

Manfjourde

Contributor
So awesome! Any chance you can print and sell some of this stuff for others to build?

Last edited:

Tad

This is killer. I have wanted to do this for a while. I would also be interested in buying the printed parts to build a few myself.

Tomi_A

Thanks guys!

I have a Shapeways shop where I will put everything up for sale once I have tried and tested every piece.

T_Tank

Holy cow man thats really slick work you did there! how wide are those yota axles anyways compared to say a mrc?

Tomi_A

Thanks!

These Yotas are 3.63in/92mm wide hex to hex. Don't know how they compare to the axles you mentioned.

Tomi_A

Here's a pic of shock components.

I have now all the shocks assembled and links done.

And with the body on.

Overall stance is a bit high right now. Might need to make some adjustments to the shocks and springs. Well see how it looks when all the electronics are installed. I won't make any modifications untill then.

Tad

Awesome build. Can't wait to see it finished. I will be building one for sure when you add the parts to shapeways.

Tomi_A

Thanks!

I have now sway bars, body braces, some scale thingies and electronic placement figured out.

Next I'll need to do something withe the drive shafts. RC4WD shafts are slightly too short. And they are this kind of stupid way short that to fit an extension piece, I'll have to shorten them even more.

Tomi_A

Ok, I've got this little thing running now but I had to get a bigger motor and redesign the gearbox. There wasn't enough torque in the mini-z motor and the gear ratio was wrong. Also new chassis to fit the bigger motor. I might have to make one more update to the gearbox to get this running better.

[video=youtube_share;9SAl1wQf8o4]https://youtu.be/9SAl1wQf8o4[/video]

Tomi_A

Thanks, rcwanab!

I have now remade the body supports in front and back. Old ones were ugly. New supports are made of 2 and 3 mm od brass tubing. The body is now held on with a strong magnet. I have also tinkered with the gearing a bit. Pinion is now some kind of micro heli pinion from a Vietnamese rc heli shop. It is damn hard to find 0,5M/64dp pinions for a 2,3mm axle. But now the gearing is better. It is about ~12:1.

Tomi_A

Some paint has been applied and stickers. I am close to finishing this. Some modifications is needed to be done to the 3d files before I can publish them.

Tomi_A

Thanks Renegade!

This thing is now done... but not completely. Sway bar arms needs to be done in aluminum. That plastic is not durable enough for threads. Also some minor tinkering here and there.

Parts (minus sway bar arms) are now available in my Shapeways store.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/katulanppu