Members do not see advertisements
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by BJoeHandley View Post
    Not sure if it would matter any more, I've put 3.2" Maxx Chevrons on mine using RPM Stablemaxx rims and MIP 17mm Slash 4x4 hex conversion. Here's how they look compared to the stock WK tires.

Got any more pics of this setup?

Follows
    Following

Here's my post from RCC's King subforum for that conversion.

The Robber now has new shoes, big ones!

I'm using MIP's Slash 4x4 hexes, everything seems to fit nicely too. I will be picking up some heat shrink tubing to use on the CVD's and the grubs helping to hold the hexes to the stubs.

And here's how they look mounted up on the right side as as well as in comparison to the stock rubber.

And the full look!

For reference, here it was shortly before the initial build was completed.

Ah Biscuits........

Follows
    Following

Thanks for the pics, that looks good man.

Large 2.2s are getting hard to come by [Imex 2.2 Red Rocks and Pullers discontinued (and $150/set on ebay!?!?!?!)] so I always keep my eyes peeled for alternative solutions for when my old Red Rocks go rotten. I have Masher 2ks on my pede; too small for my WK wheelbase. That doesn't leave much if anything else... I did order a set of these ebay "Bigfoot RC tires" they should arrive in a month supposedly. I'll post pics of mine when they get here.

Follows
    Following

Thanks, I wanted to put the 3.2" Maxx Mashers on it back when I first started building it back in '12, but money started getting to be in short supply for the next few years between falling hours and still having a car payment, so by the time I could afford to go Maxx size, they were disco'd, so I went for the original Maxx tires on the rims I intended to use. I've got a set of Destroyers and Brawlers on order for it now too though...............
    Ah Biscuits........

Follows
    Following

Well She got some RH Designs 3d printed rims and some new shoes. These are the "bigfoot" tires from ebay.

Go Big or Go Home and Drive it like you stole it !!!!

Follows
    Following

My Brawler rims came in today, once I get them built and mounted, I'll get pics posted of those too.
    Ah Biscuits........

Follows
    Following

Here are the Brawler/Destroyer tires mounted up on my King, turns out they also fit the Traxxas 1/10 4x4 trucks (mounted the inner half on my Telluride before assembly) and will clear the front knuckles and caster blocks with a couple millimeters to spare.

Ah Biscuits........

Follows
    Following

Got my "Bigfoot RC" tires from China. They are better quality than I was expecting for sure. They came with foams. The rubber is very soft. They are very large for 2.2s, being as big or a tiny bit bigger than Imex Red Rocks and a lot bigger than Pro-Line Masher 2000s.

I put them on some Duratrax Maximum ST wheels, chosen for their extreme offset.

Next to Imex Red Rock on Duratrax 2.6" wheels.

Next to Masher 2000.

Follows
    Following

I was surprised at the quality of those ebay bigfoot tires myself. I actually ordered another set to have on hand when my first set gets worn out. I was shocked that they actually came with foam inserts to and that they got to me pretty fast. They look sweet on the rims you got.
    Go Big or Go Home and Drive it like you stole it !!!!

Default wheely king 3d printed wheels

Anyone know where to get the 3d printed wheels in post #3 of this thread?

Regards,
    D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12