Members do not see advertisements
    Follows
    Following

Default My 1st OG Bruiser project/rebuild

picked this Bruiser up 6-8 years ago at the hobby shop. It was all there, the 3 speed transmission didn't shift gears or turn. So I sit it aside and was going to make a scale truck out of it with tlt axles and a pede tranny. Then it sat on my shelf for a long time. So I got bored about 6 months ago and started working on it again. I replaced stock bruiser springs off and put high lift springs on to get some lift. Then I took the axles apart and cleaned them up and installed ball bearings too. Here are some pics of how it looked a week ago.

Here is a pic of the OG Bruiser and my re-release Bruiser

Sent from my 2500HD
    Txt-1, Juggernaut 2, custom 4x4 stampede, and alot more

Follows
    Following

So I took the 3 speed transmission apart, the gears wouldn't turn cause of some grease was used by the previous owner. I soaked them in vigor an that broke up the gears and I'm replacing the bushings, with bearings. I ordered the aluminum counter gear from Buriser Buidler to replace the worn out slipper gear. 2 of the gears was shot, I picked up a set of double brass gears of eBay. Just waiting for those to get here so I can finish rebuilding the transmission. I also picked up new u-bolts and re-release u-bolt plate, an aluminum lower shock mounts. Well I was waiting for stuff to show up. I got bored and started polishing the axles and transmission housing. I'm having the frame powder coated flat black to make the polished parts stand out..

Then I picked up an aluminum counter gear from Bruiser Builder. An some new aluminum lower shock mounts and re-release lower U-bolts.

Sent from my 2500HD

Follows
    Following

Here are the front and rear axles together and all polished up

Here are the rims I'm going to use. They are JPS 2.2 aluminum rims and the hex adapter used to mount them to the axles..

Sent from my 2500HD

Follows
    Following

I was able to finish rebuilding the OG Bruiser 3-speed transmission this weekend. I also picked up RC4WD 540 motor conversion kit. Everything is turning smoothly and freely, plus shift through all the gears..

Sent from my 2500HD

Follows
    Following

Looks good so far!
    Tom

Clod Buster, Lack of Motivation (Jugg) Build, TLT 1, Blitzer Beetle, Frog, Sand Scorcher

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by th67ss View Post
    Looks good so far!
    Thank you!!

I got the frame back from powder coating yesterday on my way to work.. The main frame rails and rear bumper brackets are gloss black, the cross members are done in gun metal gray..

Sent from my 2500HD

Follows
    Following

Started assembling the chassis. Waiting on more parts to get here.. Ran out of screws, I'll pick them up on next payday.. Took some pics of the chassis outside..

Sent from my 2500HD

Follows
    Following

I got NIP press metal parts for the OG Bruiser a couple days ago. When I got home from work last night.. I started working on installing the axles..

Instead of using the JPS Rims.. I used a set RC4WD 2.2 Beadlock rims made for the bruiser and it makes the width front and rear the same.. An installed a set of 2.2 IMEX G-HAWG Tires..

Here are some pictures:

Picture with the body on it. Still have to finish sanding, priming and painting to do..

An a group shot of my Bruisers. From left to right: Ford F-350 bruiser, re-release Bruiser and my 1st OG Bruiser..

Sent from my 2500HD

Follows
    Following

Nice group!

I like how you did the inner area of the F350!
    Tom

Clod Buster, Lack of Motivation (Jugg) Build, TLT 1, Blitzer Beetle, Frog, Sand Scorcher

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by th67ss View Post
    Nice group!

I like how you did the inner area of the F350!
    Thank you!

The deck is sit not to my liking and I'm going to play with it some more and get it looking even cooler....

Sent from my 2500HD

Follows
    Following

I picked up another transmission off eBay a month ago and installed it. It is fully chromed and fits the way, I wanted to go with my build.. It is very smooth and came with a BruiserBuilder aluminum counter gear, still has to be installed..

Here is a picture of it installed..

An a sneak peek of my slowly builds of my bruiser's.. I just got the frames from the powder coater's and not in the picture is my vintage Hilux frame..

An to make the bruiser look a little more real, I added scale hardware..

Sent from my 2500HD

I realize this is an old thread but could you tell me where you purchased the scale hardware for your Bruiser?

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by TracyD961 View Post
    I realize this is an old thread but could you tell me where you purchased the scale hardware for your Bruiser?
    I purchased it from Locked up rc.

Here’s the link to there site:

http://www.lockeduprc.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you !

Follows
    Following

Thank you !
    Your welcome! I just opened the bruiser manual an counted all the screws I needed.

If you have any to sell? Please let me know. I need to get another set of rear hubs for mine so I can put them on the front to have 4wd in reverse on the front. Also can you tell me where you purchased that steering rod set up ? MUCH WANT ! - check out the pick
    Attached Images Attached Images

Follows
    Following

If you have any to sell? Please let me know. I need to get another set of rear hubs for mine so I can put them on the front to have 4wd in reverse on the front. Also can you tell me where you purchased that steering rod set up ? MUCH WANT ! - check out the pick
    The ones from the re release bruiser will fit the original bruiser axles. Should be able to get them on eBay. I had a friend make the steering rod for me. I used 3/16” aluminum rod taped for 3mm threads and used axial offset rod ends to clear the lower shock mounts.

Rocpede, do you know if anyone makes an aluminum rear body mount for the Bruiser? I thought I had seen one on eBay awhile back but can't seem to find one one now

Follows
    Following

Rocpede, do you know if anyone makes an aluminum rear body mount for the Bruiser? I thought I had seen one on eBay awhile back but can't seem to find one one now
    Not of the top of my head I don’t. If you seen one on eBay it probably was a one make.