Members do not see advertisements
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Follows
    Following

Default Anyone have a project? Lets get some posting going on before RCMT goes silent forever

The board is slow, probably slower than ever. FB is just killing it but it doesn't mean we can't post here too. What do you guys have going on, builds, future projects, etc. post em up, I don't care if it's a garage you are building or a fullsize car. I just want to see some action on here. You can check out the RCMT FB page too, we are on there.

I am getting ready to sell my Blizzard and TXT. I want to build a AR-60 axled KK-1 truck soon. I just ordered a bunch of new parts to fix my trucks after tearing them up and having some disappointments at the Worlds. I have a TTR steering kit for Mad Force on the way, some new Turnigy servos, Defiance Racing links, 4x4 Slash aluminum bellcrank steering, etc. Got some work to do.

FB Page
    https://www.facebook.com/RCMTnet-136...?ref=bookmarks
    Pede, Pede, Pede, 4x4 Pede, 6x6 Pede, Pede in pieces, Clod, Clod, Clod in pieces, TLT Crawler, TLT Crawler, TLT in pieces, WK, Slash, Mini Rash, 4x4 Slash, Twin Force, Mad Force Kruiser, Wild Dagger, Wild Dagger, Hummer, 1/16 Mustang VXL, SCX-10, TXT in pieces, Vaterra Blazer, Huey, Huey in pieces, Traxxas Quadcopter, etc...

I am fairly new to this forum, but a long time monster truck fan. Always been into my Supermaxx & Gorillamaxx trucks, and through that made a close and dear friend MiRatlhed who some guys here may know via Michigan Monsters. He got me hooked on clods and I have never looked back. I am now the lucky owner of the TTR Trifecta, TTR Tremor, Centurian LTD & Ripper Pro. I am also next in line for Boyer to start a build for me, which I will most definitely be starting a build thread for. Has taken me over 12 months to get to where I am with him, but well worth the wait and very excited to be the owner of one of his masterpieces. I think the wait adds to the magic of the build to be honest... He is such a nice guy to chat to, and a real asset to this hobby.

The great thing about a forum compared to Facebook is the ability to document the step by step process you follow on each of your builds. Facebook does not support this nearly as well, as your thread gets buried in the mass of trash posts every group suffers from. I am an admin of a Facebook Group called Centralemaxx and while I love the group and the guys there, facebook I feel will never be better than a set forum like this, and feel that once things calm down a bit, forums like this will see a revival... That is my hope anyway, I have already started build threads here for My Groillamaxx G4 & DUH Engineering Hybrid Maxx builds, as well as a tribute to TTR thread. I will ensure to keep them up to date as I slowly make progress. I can't post pics as I am on a work PC, but once I land home, I will update this thread with some pics of the trucks I am working on...

I know that things seem slow here, but it is interesting that my build threads here get more views than the same thread I setup on RC Tech. The Monster Truck section of the forum there does not get heaps of people viewing which I have found interesting, as it is the only section I visit when i check that forum daily...

Follows
    Following

slow here, real life stuff taking my time but am working on a couple things

__solids rule _________________________ My Email

Follows
    Following

Thanks for the reply! I am with you on the FB thing. The forum can be searched, organized, etc. it is much easier to find something from a year or 5 years ago than on FB. I can go back to 2006 and see what I was up to then which is hard to do on FB. I know Mike, met him at the IHobby Expo in Cleveland in 2012. Great guy for sure, and glad he got you into Clods.
    Pede, Pede, Pede, 4x4 Pede, 6x6 Pede, Pede in pieces, Clod, Clod, Clod in pieces, TLT Crawler, TLT Crawler, TLT in pieces, WK, Slash, Mini Rash, 4x4 Slash, Twin Force, Mad Force Kruiser, Wild Dagger, Wild Dagger, Hummer, 1/16 Mustang VXL, SCX-10, TXT in pieces, Vaterra Blazer, Huey, Huey in pieces, Traxxas Quadcopter, etc...

Follows
    Following

Right now I'm working on upgrading the diffs in my stampede 4x4 and slash 4x4. Instead of replacing the stock parts I chose to upgrade to aluminum diff cups. And instead of going with slash 4x4 aluminum diff cups, I went with hot racing aluminum e-maxx diff cups with some new traxxas xo-1 diff gears inside. I've heard that this is the upgrade to make your stampede 4x4/slash 4x4 diffs truly bulletproof, and thats awesome. Haven't finished installing them yet, but hope to soon. Other than that, I'm just tending to the newest member of my rc family (traxxas brushed rustler) I recently got. Been trying to continue running and maintaining my trucks, but my midterms have been kicking my butt, lol.
    "High flyin', high speed, full power car crushin'. "

Follows
    Following

like others here, been busy with other things...but i'm slowly getting back into RC again...

got us another bulldog a few months ago, so he takes up a bit of time...

IMG_20150717_073952.jpg

been crawling again recently as well...my favorite crawler at the moment is my wraith chassi'd/losi MOA crawler...i have fun messing with the front/rear dig and front/rear over/underdrive...this pic was from this past weekend...

IMG_20151004_092538.jpg

also been playing around a little with bigchad808's iphone and it's slo-mo feature...

more slo-mo fun, and in the rain...i had so much fun that day, i put together a waterproofed wraith...

Follows
    Following

due to the 3 video limit per post, here's the second part of my post...

and going out more with my daughter to start honing her r/c skills...this was from today...

and a few weeks ago, i had the chance to drive a few exotics around a auto-x course...this was my favorite car of all...that's me driving by the way- vid looks slow, but i hit 3rd gear in that small space and was doing 70 at the end of the short straight...

no pics, but i just recently got a twin hammers rig, so started playing a bit with it...

Nice Autocross!

Here are a few trucks in my stable at the moment:

Extended Ti SaBR OFNA Dominator Extreme (My 1st hobby grade RC & where it all started for me 15 years ago)

Stock as a rock emaxx 3908L with T-Bone Bumpers

FLM Extended LCG Savage with a Wasp .28 (Undecided on whether I implant an Alza with 1717)

Gorillamaxx G4 with Unlimited Engineering VBS & Widetrac

Gorillamaxx G1 with G3 suspension (Will be adding a RCMonster Slipperential soon)

Centralemaxx Ph@ntom Hybrid Maxx

TTR Centurion LTD (Currently in a box on its way to me in Australia)

TTR Tremor:

TTR Ripper Pro NIP:

With a few TTR Goodies to boot:

Follows
    Following

Bigbear, could you post a write up on how to do that to the 4x4 Pede/Slash?

Looks like you guys are all having fun for sure! I would have loved to race a car one day... for now I will settle for fast turns on windy roads in my Silverado lol.

nosayg, I am glad you mentioned the slow mow. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and completely forgot it has slow mode on it. Time for some testing...

Thanks for the replies guys, lets keep em coming!

Follows
    Following

Nothing to exciting right now. Kid's activities took over my life here in the fall. Also prepping for the 2015-2016 Michigan Monsters of RC racing series.

Besides trying to launch the ZRP Assassin. Here is a little personal project that I am working on. After attending the 4 Link Nationals my son wanted to build a retro truck. After looking at the old school trucks I came up with chassis design. Still working on some things. I like to call this one Project SlowPoke.

Follows
    Following

I have a tlt-1 i am building.

Just got a new in the box monster pirate that is going castle 2200kv on 4s with a ae diff and motor mount from the rc-8b.

Also have a new era jugg chassis with clod axles.

I have all the goodies but these are winter projects for next spring but will be starting on them soon!!

Follows
    Following

well had the animal bug for awhile ... Been looking to do a new quad copter most likely the Hubsan X4 Pro .. but also getting ready to finally do something a little more to my 1/5 bushless monster .. order some derlin rods to make taller body post so redcat body sits properly on it new bigger motor maybe some new disc brakes for it and custom set of decals for body ....

Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Do not go gentle into that good night ....

Follows
    Following

Ive been trying to post photos of my last two projects for the past 3 weeks or so and the gallery is just not working. I dont use FB or any other social media so have been posting a bit on the other forum. Hoping they fix it soon, would love to post the photos/projects.

Follows
    Following

I haven't been able to post pics in a reply or new thread either.

Follows
    Following

Not sure what is going on with the gallery. If you want a couple pics posted, send em to me via private messaging. Start a topic and I will get them posted for you.

Follows
    Following

gallery is working Steven fixed it. I tested it again just now and it is ok.

Follows
    Following

I've been selling off most of my old collection in hopes of narrowing down the number of platforms/manufactures I have so I'm don't have to stock a whole bunch of different parts. Plan on having a bare minimum of Tamiya stuff; one TXT, a few TLTs, and maybe a single Clod. Most of my trucks will be either Mad Force or Ground pounder/Mad Gear Cliff. The Mad Force projects have been sitting for a longtime and I'll have to get back on them soon. I tinker with the Mad Gear Cliffs every once an awhile (changing stuff up and generally frustrating myself).

I had this CPE Fautline chassis setup with Mad Gear Cliff axles but I wanted the axles for another project. Since I modded the chassis so much over the years there just no way to sell it so I had to find something to do with it. In the end I settled on making a sorta mega mud truck with TLT axles out of it. Went through hours of changing up the links, swaybars, and driveshaft lengths to get it to work smooth and it's still not exactly right, but this is where it's at now. After I get it setup, I'll strip it down and paint the parts I need to and fit up the body and make some graphics for it (it used to be my old "Army of One" racer, and will still use the same name, but I always hated the graphics). I need to find the 4th Axial wheel for it (I had it but now I'm not sure what happened to it) as right now it only has three (the wheel you can't see is a stock Wheely King).

http://www.rcmt.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1239&dateline=1394674  032

Follows
    Following

I have a few things to work on this Winter. I've recently purchased a KK2, a Max DMC (Danielle Colen chassis), an AM Hobbies Dominator (Wraith) and a Stampede VXL 4x4.

Follows
    Following

continuing on

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast