Members do not see advertisements
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Hobbico Eliminator Sled

If any one is looking for a Hobbico Eliminator Pulling sled, here is one listed on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hobbico-Eliminat...QQcmdZViewItem
    Chris B.
    TNT Pulling - 2006 NR/CTPA Puller of the Year

Thanks I won it !!

Follows
    Following

That isnt Mr. Baker is it.....

Follows
    Following

By the way, what is the maximum amount of weight that The Eliminator sleds can handle? I know that the old Tower Hobbies catalogs listed some weight specs from Hobbico, but in real-world use how much can they really take before falling apart?

Follows
    Following

You start putting much over #100lbs, look to start having problems. You can get away doing it once in awhile. But do not try doing it a lot.
    Gene

The big problem was the axles. They go from 1/4" to 5 MM at the ends so they bend. You can do a few upgrades and pull 400 + all day.

Hey AL what upgrades do I need to do, guys want to try and pull up to 200 lbs down here in FL with Nitro Trucks. The record full pull is 186

unless these are 50 pound trucks I really don't think they will be able to pull 200 pounds on dirt..with an eliminator .....or are you on carpet?
    PS if it has flat tires you will need to change the gearing (one sprocket)(or put bigger tires on it) or it will top out at 28'11" I think .....if they are round tires (those are a little bigger it can full pull at 30'+ a little...every sled pulls different..so sometimes pulling weights get exagerated.....our 25 pound gas tractors can only do about 150 FP .....maybe a little more..... but not full pull that....with an eliminator.if they can pull an eliminator 200# FP they have some hellified trucks

They are on carpet, what tire combination works best on carpet? check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgtQcfpqBkA

this was 186 lbs

there sure are a lot more truck pulling vids out there now.......quite a few from all over the world...foam tires work the best but your trucks will ****...bar tires is what you want or use IMEX tires they have a soft compound they will also break those trucks. they are doing really good though just like they are....

Needs a true 1/4" axles.
    You can do that by mounting hubs to the stock aluminum wheels.
    The slide rail that the box moves in its paty of the main frame will bend down over time. The fix is to take I believe 3/8" round stock the lengith of the rail and place it under the rail as a wedge so to speak to stop it from bending down.
    At some point you make them two changes it will help you get more life out of the sled.

Need more info let me know.
    Al

hi guys, I'm experimenting with something, can someone tell me what gears are used to slowly wind up the chain?