Members do not see advertisements

Cool Mild Modified E-Maxx 3903 Twin 700 HO

This is my E-Maxx 3903. The only upgrades that I've done so far are Kershaw Designs twin 700 HO motor conversion (25t pinions), KD cooling fan for the EVX-2 esc, Hot Racing aluminum bell-crank BB steering kit, and SPC 6900mAh 70C 2s 7.4V Lipos.

Follows
    Following

Looks nice! With the added power how is it as far as roll overs?

The front end dives a little more under heavy braking, but I haven't had any rollovers yet. It seems to handle adequately well despite the added weight. I was thinking of purchasing some big bore shocks and losi springs to combat that. I have the largest shock spacers installed on the ultra-shocks, and that seems to be working fine for now.

Follows
    Following

The heavier losi springs and thicker shock oil is the trick on these if you plan to run the aluminum big bores. Mine handles like a dream, I'm running 1/8th scale brushless power on 4s and 6s Lipo so my truck is insanely fast.

Follows
    Following

I was running the same setup and had trouble keeping the right pinion gear on, and I did manage to tear the trany up one but boy was that a fun truck:

Quote Originally Posted by HDMM View Post
    The heavier losi springs and thicker shock oil is the trick on these if you plan to run the aluminum big bores. Mine handles like a dream, I'm running 1/8th scale brushless power on 4s and 6s Lipo so my truck is insanely fast.
    Oh ya, I love the traxxas big bores. The teflon coating, along with the Ti-Ni shafts make them butter smooth. I just wish they were adjustable. I have some 45w associated shock oil, and some 5k and 10k diff oils, but I'm not sure what the setup is for an E-Maxx yet. I just got this truck back in February, so have a lot of research to do. I just sold my MMM v2 2650kV system before I got the E-Maxx. Wish I'd kept it now.

Quote Originally Posted by muppit View Post
    I was running the same setup and had trouble keeping the right pinion gear on, and I did manage to tear the trany up one but boy was that a fun truck:
    That it is my friend. I use blue loc-tite on my pinion grub screws. I have had that happen before on other rc's I've had in the past, despite using loc-tite. Idk, maybe with mass-produced machined parts, we get a dud every now and then.

That is some thin wire for such big motors.

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectMesh View Post
    That it is my friend. I use blue loc-tite on my pinion grub screws. I have had that happen before on other rc's I've had in the past, despite using loc-tite. Idk, maybe with mass-produced machined parts, we get a dud every now and then.
    I'd run the Robinson Racing hardend pinions (0.8 Mod) , that's what I run in my E-Maxx. They will hold up a lot better than stock Traxxas gears.

http://www.robinsonracing.com/catalog/emaxx-3905.html

Also on your sset up, if you get the big bores, get the Losi Blue springs (LOSA5160). I run 50wt oil, but the 45 may be ok.

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...40-Rate-Blue-2

Quote Originally Posted by Mo' View Post
    Good point...and especially considering they are brushed motors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo' View Post
    I know, but there's no way of changing it to a thicker gauge wire unless I pop the end-bells off. Then I risk damaging them. They're cool to the touch after a run, so I'm just going to leave them alone.

Quote Originally Posted by HDMM View Post
    I'd run the Robinson Racing hardend pinions (0.8 Mod) , that's what I run in my E-Maxx. They will hold up a lot better than stock Traxxas gears.

http://www.robinsonracing.com/catalog/emaxx-3905.html

Also on your sset up, if you get the big bores, get the Losi Blue springs (LOSA5160). I run 50wt oil, but the 45 may be ok.

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...40-Rate-Blue-2
    I will look into getting a few of those pinions. Thanks for the part numbers on the springs.

That spur gear looks awful small. How many tooth is it? The truck looks great man!