Members do not see advertisements
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Follows
    Following

Default New TXT-2 at the nurburgring toy fair

Anyone seen it yet? RC Driver just posted photo's of it, can't wait to find out more about it... 550246_10151452223934603_1132555674_n.jpg

Follows
    Following

Yea just saw it...Looks interesting...

http://tamiyablog.com/2013/01/tamiya...ielwarenmesse/

I know most will hate it just from the body lol...Would like to know more about it obviously...in the second pic you can see something else on the right, looks like an MT too??

Last edited by KingClod27; 01-30-2013 at 09:39 AM.
    THE ORIGINAL MONSTER TRUCK
    Boyer Bigfoot 18, Boyer Skinny Kong, The Pounders
    http://www.youtube.com/user/geeboo27

Follows
    Following

Hmmmm... might need one of those!

The thing to the right appears to be the black Lunchbox that Tamiya released.

First thoughts - I like the body, wheels and tires are...ugh. Doesn't matter though - if the drivetrain is up to snuff, that is all that matters. Bodies and rims can be replaced, but there is no substitute for axle and gear strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follows
    Following

ἄγριος
    AGRIOS: living in the fields, wild, savage, fierce

Agrios was the son of Portheus and a descendant of the hero Aetolos, the leader of Aetolia.
    Agrios is also one of the enemies of the Olympian gods.

Item# 58549

Monster truck fans can rejoice: Tamiya introduces the Agrios 4?4 truck based on the new TXT-2 chassis. The Agrios has two shock absorbers per wheel, twin engines, a tube frame, and rigid axles protected by bumpers.

The motor protector and stick pack holder provide built-in longitudinal strength.

A tuning chassis with polished aluminum tubes and plastic will also be available.

These noble piggyback tuning shocks (# 54472) are designed to fit the TXT-2 chassis.

Last edited by Arcocustom; 01-30-2013 at 10:22 AM.
    Measure twice, cut one, then throw it away and try again.

Follows
    Following

Just when I thought I was done buying trucks................

I actually like the body. Not sure about the tires and rims but they are not horrid.

Dang.................
    Stock Clod*Mod Clod*Bullhead*Groundpounder
    SCX10*Wraith*CC01*Monster Mutt

CowBoyClod Guest

I assume that's a vinyl wrap body. Looking at that body made me think if the replacement bodies will also be already vinyl wrap. It would be good if their not becoz I could do a Bigfoot 18 body with that.

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by CowBoyClod View Post
    I assume that's a vinyl wrap body. Looking at that body made me think if the replacement bodies will also be already vinyl wrap. It would be good if their not becoz I could do a Bigfoot 18 body with that.
    Well if you remember, the TXT-1 came with a clear spare body...maybe this will come with a spare body and you can use that (assuming they will keep the Trophy Truck body)

Follows
    Following

looks like the same axles, so that's good

Body looks great except for the grill, tires and wheels though.... are yuck
    __solids rule _________________________Hi

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by william g View Post
    tires and wheels though.... are yuck
    LOL..I agree

It looks like the same drive hub so Im sure most everyone will switch to Stock TXT/Clod wheels and tires lol

Follows
    Following

Wow, I really want that. Like others have said, I hope the drivetrain is up from some brushless action. I'm going to have to unload some more trucks to make room and have funds for this. I really like the body, but yeah the wheels/tires are meh. Some clod tires will fix that

Follows
    Following

Interesting........I don't mind the wheels but the tires gotta go. The chassis looks cool and if you had a TXT already you could just swap out to the new chassis, looks lighter? Hope they made the gears with brushless in mind?
    Tom

Clod Buster, Lack of Motivation (Jugg) Build, TLT 1, Blitzer Beetle, Frog, Sand Scorcher

Follows
    Following

Any news on the tranny? Still looks dual motor and looks like it has two fan mounts built in about the motors - cool!
    Dunzo

Not cool at all. I was hoping they would stick with the clod tires, or make something even better, but no, someone decided those big out of scale stupid looking fake beadlock wheels with some bland narrow tires would look awesome...

I say no thanks to that horrible mess of aluminum tube and whatnot equipped with transport tires!

Follows
    Following

The more I look at it the more I dislike it. It just looks like a 1:5 scale solid axle truck, not a monster. Blah, I think I will be using Wraith axles on my New Era when I build it and I love my Clods!
    Dunzo

Follows
    Following

Another couple points...

No more hokey cantilevers YAY great move thank you.

Long time since I've seen tamiya NOT paint the windows black, clear windows!!!!! 2 for that. Nothing ruins a look more than cheap looking black paint or solid color sticker windows.
    __solids rule _________________________Hi

Follows
    Following

Im just glad Tamiya is giving us something...we didnt have anything before, so I will support this..Like I said before Im sure all of us would go back to the normal tires anyway. If this truck, the Ground Pounder or the Wraith can get anywhere near the amount of R&D that we have put into the Clod Im sure they will be great trucks. I think we are looking for something out of the box ready with everything we want and thats not gonna happen...besides IMO modding it out is funnier anyway

Follows
    Following

seeing the dual motors and possible same trans is a let down brushless is here and they should have keep with times and had a single motor setup BL setups are very cheap now ....just my opinion

wheels are beyond uck but nothing clod or txt wheels can fix , glad to see it back though
    ░▒▓▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ Searching for the truth is easy , Accepting the truth is hard ░▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░

I don't think any truck can be a very big sales success if it isn't cool looking right out of the box. Most people won't mod their trucks, and even fewer have clod tires laying around ready to be bolted on, so I don't expect this one to be a success like the clod is, or even like the TXT-1 was...

Me like. Me like VERY much.
    Traxxas Stampede. Axial Wraith.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast