Members do not see advertisements
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Follows
    Following

Default To Feld, or not to Feld? _ _ That is the discussion.

Really was expecting more distance. Only 6 feet further. Looks like Bad Habit has a stout truck if he is only beat by that much. If feld turned their trucks loose I could easily see 275'
    One thing is for sure, that motor was screaming the whole time through the flight and even when he landed. Can you say tear down?
    SUPER Busy with Work and No Free Time

Follows
    Following

Delete
    Last edited by monsterjamman24; 09-19-2012 at 04:57 PM.
    Stephen Hopkins

feld??????????

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by nickzuk View Post
    Really was expecting more distance. Only 6 feet further. Looks like Bad Habit has a stout truck if he is only beat by that much. If feld turned their trucks loose I could easily see 275'
    One thing is for sure, that motor was screaming the whole time through the flight and even when he landed. Can you say tear down?
    If Feld turned their trucks loose??
    They ain't got the motors that Foot has.
    They themselves will tell you that don't have the power that independents do, they only have to beat the other members of their traveling circus.
    If he didn't keep foot planted the lack of wheel speed would have nose dived big big time...

Follows
    Following

traveling circus lol....

I dont hate on Monster Jam at all I love ALL monster trucks....buuuuuuuuut I wish Feld would open up more for the sake of the sport...I hope this doesnt turn into a bad convo lol.

with the edition to the young gunz competition I would love to see a Young Gunz vs Independent challenge and the top 2 trucks get to qualify with the big boys for the actual World Finals race and freestyle...There are always 2 or 3 MJ trucks that dont belong in the World Finals IMO...maybe only bring 22 trucks and let 2 independents have the last 2 spots. Would be good for the sport I think...
    THE ORIGINAL MONSTER TRUCK
    Boyer Bigfoot 18, Boyer Skinny Kong, The Pounders
    http://www.youtube.com/user/geeboo27

The problem is Feld has nothing to gain from something like that. I had to explain to my 10 year old who Bigfoot was a couple years ago at an indy show. Without the name recognition Feld has nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Follows
    Following

What I find funny is, whether it's here or on Mayhem, the very guys who complain about people bashing Feld are the very ones who keep bringing them up in threads that have nothing to do with Feld. This was/is a thread about Bigfoot. If you don't want people slamming Feld keep it about Bigfoot.

I for one think it was a awesome display of just how amazing Bigfoot 18 is that it made a 200+ foot jump look "boring."
    Last edited by HawnMT; 09-17-2012 at 02:23 AM.
    http://www.rcmt.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1239&dateline=1394674  032

Follows
    Following

Ball,
    Lets play a little game.

Foot has a 557ci motor with a 6-71 blower.
    Feld has 540ci with a 6-71 blower.

Im not taking anything away from foot. I actually like all monster trucks. But remember, feld doesnt push their motors as hard as others because when a truck leaves the shop it may not return until the 1st quarter is over. I know from personal experience. They turn them down so they dont have to rely on the crew to work on the motors between events. They found a good combination between power and balance.

Now if you want to talk about horse power ill give you 2 examples from feld trucks. Both on a 540 block
    King sling enough said.
    Meents. A member here (Bart Mamonie) had to pick up a special purpose built motor for tom and deliver it to him before vegas. That motor was built by Jim Oddy who used a 540 block, 6-71 blower and who builds prostock motors. I think that year tom was clocked at 74mph through thunder alley.

Follows
    Following

Ball,
    Lets play a little game.
    Lets not. No need.
    (well I see some bad facts so I guess this is a game)
    Last edited by Ball Racing; 09-17-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Follows
    Following

Ball,
    Lets play a little game.

Foot has a 557ci motor with a 6-71 blower.
    Tag your it,
    Foot has run 8-71 blowers since the early 90's
    I doubt monster jam has a small 6-71 blower either.

Follows
    Following

It was a typo. Hard to write on a droid.

Believe me, bigfoot is bada$$. I just think with a lighter tire like meents has and if foot coupd work all the bugs on the concussion truck they could go further. It is impressive to say the least. My whole thing is they went only 6 feet further than bad habit. Thats where i was disappointed. I think if more teams tried to break the record amd dedicated a truck to those conditions, we could see 275'.

Follows
    Following

It was a typo. Hard to write on a droid.

Believe me, bigfoot is bada$$. I just think with a lighter tire like meents has and if foot coupd work all the bugs on the concussion truck they could go further. It is impressive to say the least. My whole thing is they went only 6 feet further than bad habit. Thats where i was disappointed. I think if more teams tried to break the record amd dedicated a truck to those conditions, we could see 275'.
    If you make the truck lighter with less weight tires, after your at speed how will it propell itself further than what they used?
    The heavier the mass the further it will go.
    Foot has the turf tires that they cut that are the lightest tires out there, they could have used if they thought they needed it.
    They have more everything if they think they need it.

Job: break record
    Results: Done

When it comes time to break a record look to drag racing where if you go just a thousandth of a second quicker or a 1/10th of a mile per hour you set the record, you don't have to beat the old record by 20% to break it.

Foots first airplane jump was just to jump a plane. then they measured it, and found it to be a record that stood forever and a day.

Bigfoot set out to jump a plane and that was it. If they wanted to merely jump past 200 ft, they could have pulled out all the stops and gone for a long jump record.
    They set a record just putting on a show for something else.

Then someone purposely goes out to beat Bigfoots record.
    They say they beat it, okay.
    Now bigfoot says we can go out there and break that record.
    They did.They didn't miss the ramp or fold the truck up, just put a small pile of dirt in the field jumped landed, and went on with their day.
    It could have been by one inch, it still breaks the record.
    Now if that gets broke, they will reach into the toolbox, and go break that.
    When you hustle pool or poker do you beat em real bad, or just enough to bring back to the table to beat them again?

All the broken record talk now is just sounding like broken record
    Blaaaaaaa

Well, my dad can beat up all your dads!

Follows
    Following

my head hurts after reading this thread
    __solids rule _________________________Hi

Follows
    Following

Take 2 Funyuns and call your Doctor in the morning!
    Boyer Grave Digger Tuber

Follows
    Following

If the jump looked boring it's only because we live in a day and age where it takes something over the top crazy to impress people anymore. When Foot jumped the plane it had the shock factor just because of what it did. The bar keeps getting raised higher and higher. People in general are numb to great stunts I think. It's nothing to turn the tv on and see crazy stuff happening. No matter how you slice, a LARGE truck jumped one heck of a long way LOL
    2015 NRCTPA World Champion......Tweaked Racing Team......Defiance Racing
    2WD Tuff Truck, 4WD Tuff Truck, Drive Shaft, 4WD Modified, 4WD Pro Modified, Sport Modified, Independent Suspension, Chicago Style Racing

Follows
    Following

Distance has Nothing to do with mass.

Equation for distance

D=(avrg)S x T

For example if each truck is given 11 seconds from dead start for a average speed these are the distances each will have traveled in those same 11 seconds.

The heavier trucks average 55 in 11 seconds 55x11=605
    lighter truck averages 57 in 11 seconds 57x11=627

Because the lighter truck is averaging a higher speed, its traveling faster and further in the same time therefore flying further.
    Stephen Hopkins

Follows
    Following

Bigfoot could jump the Brooklyn Bridge and people would still complain. "But the bridge wasn't even on fire."
    I am the rocks of the Eternal Shore. Crash against me and be broken!

Follows
    Following

I see another Tim Tebow thread.

Boyer Grave Digger Tuber

Follows
    Following

I dont care about any of this lol.... I like all Monster Trucks. The Feld vs Bigfoot thing is old.
    THE ORIGINAL MONSTER TRUCK
    Boyer Bigfoot 18, Boyer Skinny Kong, The Pounders
    http://www.youtube.com/user/geeboo27

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast