Members do not see advertisements
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 249
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    2,323
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Default Boyer Bigfoot 18 (new build page 7)


    Members do not see advertisements
    New Build starts on page 7


    Here is the album for the old truck..

    http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/ge...?sort=3&page=1


    Last edited by KingClod27; 03-20-2014 at 08:27 PM.
    THE ORIGINAL MONSTER TRUCK
    Boyer Bigfoot 18, Boyer Skinny Kong, The Pounders
    http://www.youtube.com/user/geeboo27

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    5,124
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Default

    Wow that thing is sick

    How do the axial alxes and trans seem to you so far? Can they take the size of the Clod tires? Are the internals all hopped up in your axles and trans?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    2,323
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjr2 View Post
    Wow that thing is sick

    How do the axial alxes and trans seem to you so far? Can they take the size of the Clod tires? Are the internals all hopped up in your axles and trans?
    Thanks man...I know the axial setup can handle Clod size Ive seen a few people use them already and they have a lot of upgrades. That is a stock setup right now but I plan on Hopping up the axles and trans soon. I like how it sits nice and low
    THE ORIGINAL MONSTER TRUCK
    Boyer Bigfoot 18, Boyer Skinny Kong, The Pounders
    http://www.youtube.com/user/geeboo27

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    3,685
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Default

    that is an awful nice truck for a rookie, you might want to send it over here to test it for you.

    Vanquish Products make a real nice titanium steering center link, the hot racing one bends and gets sloppy in time, I was told to go VP.

    What is your choice for a motor? A castle 4600 is a decent setup with wraith gearing.

    Man, that is one sweet ride
    __solids rule _________________________ My Email

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ft. Myers, Fl.
    Posts
    1,066
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Default

    That is down right sick, Mr. Boyer does amazing work. Ill be watching this build.
    Txt-1, Juggernaut 2, custom 4x4 stampede, and alot more

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Posts
    1,635
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Default

    looks GREAT!

    gav- could you get close up pics of the lower shock/link mounts?

  7. #7

    Default

    Soooooooo nice! Too nice to drive! LOL

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    2,323
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by william g View Post
    that is an awful nice truck for a rookie, you might want to send it over here to test it for you.

    Vanquish Products make a real nice titanium steering center link, the hot racing one bends and gets sloppy in time, I was told to go VP.

    What is your choice for a motor? A castle 4600 is a decent setup with wraith gearing.

    Man, that is one sweet ride
    Thanks Will lol...ill look into the VP stuff too. I was thinking of using Castle, or Reedy makes a nice 550 can in 3500kv and 4000kv and the ESC is programable like Castle.

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/390449855376...84.m1423.l2649

    Quote Originally Posted by rocpede4x4 View Post
    That is down right sick, Mr. Boyer does amazing work. Ill be watching this build.
    Thanks dude, Ill be working hard on this one

    Quote Originally Posted by nosyajg View Post
    looks GREAT!

    gav- could you get close up pics of the lower shock/link mounts?
    Thanks Jason, Ill try to get sum more pics asap

    Quote Originally Posted by JKRacing37 View Post
    Soooooooo nice! Too nice to drive! LOL
    I know but I have to drive it lol....ill be gentle ...Thanks John
    THE ORIGINAL MONSTER TRUCK
    Boyer Bigfoot 18, Boyer Skinny Kong, The Pounders
    http://www.youtube.com/user/geeboo27

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NEW ORLEANS
    Posts
    100
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Default

    The truck looks amazing Gavyn

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    2,323
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    The truck looks amazing Gavyn
    Thanks man I cant wait to start working on it...
    THE ORIGINAL MONSTER TRUCK
    Boyer Bigfoot 18, Boyer Skinny Kong, The Pounders
    http://www.youtube.com/user/geeboo27

  11. #11

    Default

    This is a cheap combo - 4 pole 550 can motor - sensored too!

    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...552061077.html

    I know a few guys running the Tenshock motors and they are very pleased with them. This is the combo going in my 4x4 SCT.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Vermontville, Michigan
    Posts
    1,781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Default

    Oh man that truck is AWESOME!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    2,908
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Default

    Awesome Gavyn! I'm very very jealous....
    http://www.rcmt.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1239&dateline=1394674  032

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,787
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Default

    Awesome

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,464
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Default

    WOW that is stunning!
    Visit www.screwloosehardware.com for bulk R/C Screws

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In the corner of my basement
    Posts
    4,788
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JKRacing37 View Post
    This is a cheap combo - 4 pole 550 can motor - sensored too!

    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...552061077.html

    I know a few guys running the Tenshock motors and they are very pleased with them. This is the combo going in my 4x4 SCT.
    sick Gavyn and like i was sayin i have a 4000kv 4pole tenshock sensorless though that would work
    ░▒▓▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ Searching for the truth is easy , Accepting the truth is hard ░▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    crestline ohio
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Default

    Man that is a sweeeeeet, i really like it. i think you will be able to put that bomb proof trans in there and upgrade the axles and handle what ever you want.
    Fatboy Powder Coating

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    2,323
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HawnMT View Post
    Awesome Gavyn! I'm very very jealous....
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian34 View Post
    Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Budhatrain View Post
    WOW that is stunning!
    Thanks guys....John said he enjoyed working on this build and it came out great.

    Quote Originally Posted by TXT-2.0 View Post
    sick Gavyn and like i was sayin i have a 4000kv 4pole tenshock sensorless though that would work
    Thanks Tom, I like that motor too, tough decision on the power system.

    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    Man that is a sweeeeeet, i really like it. i think you will be able to put that bomb proof trans in there and upgrade the axles and handle what ever you want.
    Thanks dude....I was thinking about that when I saw it in the super shafty giveaway but that
    Axial trans is a beast too.
    THE ORIGINAL MONSTER TRUCK
    Boyer Bigfoot 18, Boyer Skinny Kong, The Pounders
    http://www.youtube.com/user/geeboo27

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    2,323
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Default

    Thanks for the info on the system John.. I was also considering this Tekin system if I went sensored...
    http://www.teamtekin.com/sc4x.html

    I was thinking about upgrading to these Junfac Carbon steel Driveshafts...Has anyone used them before?
    http://www.junfac.com/shop/index.php...roducts_id=506


    Also...I have a MM motor but I was looking around and found these...Would these work
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-18-Liberty...item5d341be77b
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-18-ACME-Ch...item2573d2f6d9
    Last edited by KingClod27; 08-07-2012 at 10:15 PM.
    THE ORIGINAL MONSTER TRUCK
    Boyer Bigfoot 18, Boyer Skinny Kong, The Pounders
    http://www.youtube.com/user/geeboo27

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In the corner of my basement
    Posts
    4,788
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0

    Default


    Members do not see advertisements
    2nd one would be a better fit Gavyn being it has a supercharger on it , just need the dimensions on it though.. i did email him so when he responds ill let you know
    ░▒▓▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░ Searching for the truth is easy , Accepting the truth is hard ░▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •