Members do not see advertisements
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Follows
    Following

Default St. Louis, MO - Show me R/C Truck Pulling Association

Hey everyone, I figured I'd start a new thread so I don't hijack the Kansas one any further!

I used to run some pulls about 10 years ago with a custom built sled, but got out of the hobby. I recently freshened up my sled, and I'd love to get a nice club going. Our family machine shop in Wentzville (about 40 miles west of STL, right off I-70) has some space behind it that I can build a very high bite 35 foot pulling track.

I'm in the process of figuring out a couple good starter classes for people to try it. I believe these would be a great starter (actual rules to be determined) :

2wd stock Slash (with Stampede rear tires and front weight)
    4x4 SC
    4x4 Scale Shaft Driven Truck (Axial SCX10 & Tamiya Hilift/Bruiser type trucks)
    4x4 Motor on Axle (aka crawlers & clods)

I figure that the best classes to start would be trucks that guys already own, and can go pulling with little to no extra financial commitment.

This sled was engineered to perform and look like the full scale Busch Beer pulling sled that was famous throughout the 80s-90s-00s in the St. Louis area.

Would there be interest in me building this track? In addition to building a track, through my connections in the real pulling world I would also like to setup a few big pulls at several county fairs to coincide with the full scale boys (assuming we get good car counts).

If all works well, I'd like to adopt the NRCTPA rulebook so people can build purpose built competition machines. Thanks!

- Doug

well...keep them light for high wheelspeed and durability....our 2wd trucks are like 6# good luck with this....
    \m/
    i got killer tone

Follows
    Following

Default R/C Pulling

We have a pulling club here in central KY. Central KY R/C Pullers. Hope you have alot of interest in you club. We pull at county fairs and have had a good time and good turn outs. If we can help in any way let us know.

oldrcracer

Follows
    Following

how about shaft driven monster trucks like a txt/juggernaut?? i got a few shaft driven trucks and my winnebago that id love to do some pulling with.. i know my winnebago doesnt have much wheel speed but it will pull me and my daughter around on a wagon "roughly close to 300lbs" but i have a slash 4x4 as well and a clod lol.. so let me know thanks

Eric
    the drag racer's prayer - As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride."

Great job Doug. I think you have the start of a great club. I can't wait to see some event results and pictures. If you get interest in the more custom pullers and classes the NR/CTPA has to offer just let us know and we will do what we can to keep it rolling for you.

Darren
    Mealy Motorsports
    Team BNB

if you write something up we can stick it in the newsletter.....
    \m/
    i got killer tone

Follows
    Following

so is this going to happen soon? i got 8 people that want to get in on this besides me and 2 of them have old school pullers from the 80s that im restoring/updating here in the very near future lol
    the drag racer's prayer - As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride."

looks like the last message was about 4.5 years ago.
    is anyone organizing events in st. Louis within the highway 270 circle?