Members do not see advertisements
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bullhead re-release?

apparently Tamiya is expected to re-release this unique truck at the Shizuoka Hobby Show next month, I certainly do hope so! Yummy box art, and a new set of axle to fool around with!
    nope, can't think of something dutch that doesn't get blocked :D

2. Default

yup
    your image isn't showig, hot-link prevented but yes it's going to be a re-re

McFig I think posted a nice big list of Tamiya stuff recently
    __My webpage _________________________ My Email

Thats pretty cool. I always liked the bullhead body. Would be cool to get one and leave it stock.
    http://www.rcmt.biz/bd/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26&dateline=131325021  9

Blog Entries

Yep it's coming back!! Im wondering if they have plans up their sleeve for a chrome semi body with ESC. Or just a plastic hard shell body with real metal chrome parts with ESC.

5. Default

If they re-release the Bullhead I am pretty sure I know what my next truck will be.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spidubic View Post
    If they re-release the Bullhead I am pretty sure I know what my next truck will be.
    Oh.. it will be re- released!!! theirs no question about that. It's just the question of what month and will it be late this year in time for Christmas.

7. Default

Found a forum claiming July release in Japan. $270USD. New 106 dual motor ESC.

Blog Entries

Default Tamiya Now Has It Listed As Coming Soom

Just checked tonight and it is now posted as (coming soon) at Tamiya.com It will include Chrome real metal parts with ESC just to name a few.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58535

9. Default

Sweet!!
    Stock Clod*Mod Clod*Bullhead*Groundpounder
    SCX10*Wraith*CC01*Monster Mutt

Blog Entries

It's very sweet becoz once they have the spare replacement chrome parts circulating around, I will order those in to install on the existing black BullHead body that I still have put away for safe keeping.

11. Default

wonder if anything changed on the sticker/decal sheet. Seems most re-releases can't be the same as legal issues with names or sponsors have changed. They did keep that ugly yellowy orange, so that can help anyone needing those parts.

The Bullhead always looked very cool, but man all that weight up high it handled like crap, real bad. A lexan repop would do it justice and make it more fun. Wonder if that guy who sells on e-bay ever thought of it?

Blog Entries

I think the main thing here is... Everybody want's the BullHead to come back!! with original shell. Lexan bodies just dont compare to the original hard body shells.

13. Default

I am hoping to add the Bullhead to my stable when it comes out. And likely will keep it bone stock including the shocks. For me it is the look not the performance that attracts me to the Bullhead. And the plastic body is lightyears ahead of anything that can be done with Lexan.

14. Default

you missed the point, a lexan runner shell would be nice to have. Tamiya did it with the Brat re-release. The Bulhead won't be a big seller, never was all that popular compared to the clod sales so adding a couple bucks for a lexan runner shell to include wouldn't hurt the sales.

And I don't think "everybody" wants the bullhead back, meh it's nice to have it back. However it is not something that is a must have for the majority of the R/C hobbiests. I know I have no interest. Just look at how many for years wanted the bruiser back, and now that it is how many complain it's too expensive. It's cheaper in todays dollar now than it was in the 80's. If Tamiya released the bruiser 6-7 years ago before all the scale release from axial and rc4wd and even their own highlift sales would be better because options would be fewer. But a big rig body on a clod is more a novelty, not a sales gold mine.

15. Default

Maybe what Tamiya should have done is released a body kit. I mean they just re-released the Clodbuster so why not make an addon pack. Plastic body with all the fancy metal parts. Lexan equivalent body. Maybe yellow bumpers and shocks? Really all the Bullhead is is a Clodbuster with different body and colours.

Everyone wears rose coloured glasses when looking at the past. And since the Bruiser and Clod are old they figure the price should be cheap. But the price will be determined by the market. If $1000 truck sells the price will not drop. But if it doesn't then the price will drop.

I have two Clods and when looking at getting a third I would go Bullhead simply because it looks different from my other Clods. And to me it is just cool. then again I also think a 1978 Chevy Impala Landau and 1976 Cougar XR7 are kickass looking cars.

I don't have a Clod. I have seen a stock Clod and I was dissappointed, I guess a fully modded Clod is what I would like. However Clods and Bullheads are cool looking! Anyways thats all I got.
    Captains Curse, Blitz ESE, XTM xcellerator, Wild Willy 2 chrome edition, E-Firestorm Flux, Super Clodbuster, and Tamiya TXT-1, Tamiya Blackfoot Xtreme 4x4 and Axial SCX10 Dingo!

17. Default

For me it is stock clod all the way. It embodies what I consider the true monster truck. A truck bought at the dealer and jacked up on massive axles and tires. A lumbering brute. That to me is the true monster truck. The tubed framed built in a garage from scratch trucks are just stadium racers with big tires. That is what the modded clods are. Call me old fashioned but I would love to see a return to the days of an actual stock truck turned into a monster. Mind you I would also like to see stock cars do the same thing.

Blog Entries

I agree
    as a matter of fact I'm going to buy the BullHead becoz it is and will be cheaper.

19. Default

Any updates? Don't really need another truck but would love to get a Bullhead.

Blog Entries

BIG BAD&BOUNCYII CANADA'S MEANEST. CLODBUSTER25TH. SUPERCLODBUSTER.
    SUPERCLODBUSTERII . GROUNDPOUNDER. TRAXXAS GRINDER.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast